General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

How wrong is this...My Son at school today.....

Search this Thread

Old 13-02-2009, 06:26 PM
BigErn
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is making him wear no socks also breaking the uniform code??
Old 13-02-2009, 06:28 PM
neil73
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lloyd
rules are rules, and should be adhered to.

but the punishment was out of order.

i agree with the above, and to add my bit, at least he was at school.
Old 13-02-2009, 06:43 PM
notroubleclubber
Back In The RS Game!

Originally Posted by BigErn
IMO the reaction Id have is dependant on a couple of things.

Age of your lad, which I may have missed in this thread?
Is he a repeat offender?

For instance, if he is only a young un and he is usually spot on with his uniform etc then Id hit the roof. Alternatively if hes a huffy teen who is always giving teachers aggro and is persistantly not following rules and the dress codes etc then it is deserved.

2 very different options but Im sure you get what I mean.

My 2p worth
I havent read all 3 pages on this subject as its ridiculous what some people r saying, however i agree on the above. We dont know the whole story so cant really pass judgement.If this happened to my daughters (4 years old and 7 years old) then id hit the roof.There is better ways of dealing with it. However if they are unruly teenagers then its about time someone showed some discipline. Im not tarnishing all the teenagers with the same brush but it is getting worse these days as teenagers arent disciplined enuf and we are getting worse crime.To give another example - my 7 year old told me that she had a bad stomach as school and when she told her teacher, the teacher told her "tuff"!!!!!!THATS WHEN I HIT THE ROOF!!!!! SHE WONT BE SAYING THAT AGAIN!!
Old 13-02-2009, 09:05 PM
geoffxr4

Originally Posted by haighlsby
If I was told to take my socks off at school, I would have told the teacher EXACTLY what I fukin thought.

If I had a kid & that happened to them, I'd go down & see the cunt who made them do that & go absolutley fuckin psycho at the fuker
Oh dear

Originally Posted by BigErn
IMO the reaction Id have is dependant on a couple of things.

Age of your lad, which I may have missed in this thread?
Is he a repeat offender?

For instance, if he is only a young un and he is usually spot on with his uniform etc then Id hit the roof. Alternatively if hes a huffy teen who is always giving teachers aggro and is persistantly not following rules and the dress codes etc then it is deserved.

2 very different options but Im sure you get what I mean.

My 2p worth
Think this is a very valid point. We have no background at all and kids at school with there mates can be a handful. Secondary school is frontier law otherwise it'd be chaos. (bit harsh in my opinion tho...)
Old 13-02-2009, 09:34 PM
saff_cossie
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by doesntbelong
Sounds to me as if it's the school's policy to only wear black socks as that is the uniform policy. We had one and they were very strict on it.

People are moaning how school's are being soft on kids nowadays and now this? Come on people make your mind up!!? Do you want the lad to just be told don't wear white socks, he won't be bothered as there hasn't been any repurcussion.

Remember they used to cane kids in school, I can't see how going a day without socks will do the lad any harm, it might even toughen him up abit and help stick by the rules a little better?

Tim
Couldnt have put it better myself.
Old 13-02-2009, 10:22 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

white socks with trousers should against the fucking law !!!, id have shot him on sight ,,,,, no actually the parent who sent him in should be shot on site for setting a bad example to there kids

we wont even sent Elise into school with a odd scarf and gloves and here hairbands also have to match her uniform,,,,,,,AND SHES ONLY 5 YEARS OLD

teach your kids how to dress is important,, trainers with trousers are not correct nor is white socks

in the summer you gonna show him how to wear hes white socks with sandels and beige shorts too ?? maybe a short sleeved shirt to match ?
Old 13-02-2009, 10:34 PM
Magnex20011
PassionFord Regular

sackable offense ......... i would go and smash his teeth out
Old 13-02-2009, 10:38 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

good read, can see it from both sides really if there wearing trousers i dont see the harm in saying make sure its sorted for next time, like people have said if its a regular thing then something needs to be dont about it but IMO that is not taking his socks of him.......
Old 13-02-2009, 10:40 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Originally Posted by Magnex20011

people like you why this country is in such a mess, you hard bastard
Old 13-02-2009, 10:41 PM
fezzajsy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Magnex20011
that cant be right mate,teachers are only trying to teach kids whats right n they doing their best (hopefully )
Old 13-02-2009, 10:42 PM
col cos1
BANNED
BANNED

did it offend the asians????
Old 13-02-2009, 11:03 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

ps: at work we have 2 members of staff who always "forget" to put there tie on or even claim to forget it

i brought in my old mans 70's sky blue kipper tie,,,,, proper wanky tie that make flares look tastefull,,,,,, got one of em to wear that working on the front trade counter and the next day he brought in THREE ties,, 2 in hes draw incase he forgets it again !!!

i now hang the tie up on the wall near the clocking in machine,,,, sort of a trophy/warning to people to put there ties on when they come to work
Old 13-02-2009, 11:27 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

Sounds to me as if it's the school's policy to only wear black socks as that is the uniform policy. We had one and they were very strict on it.

People are moaning how school's are being soft on kids nowadays and now this? Come on people make your mind up!!? Do you want the lad to just be told don't wear white socks, he won't be bothered as there hasn't been any repurcussion.

Remember they used to cane kids in school, I can't see how going a day without socks will do the lad any harm, it might even toughen him up abit and help stick by the rules a little better?

Tim
+1
Old 13-02-2009, 11:37 PM
G2RSR
Bodybuilding

Originally Posted by col cos1
did it offend the asians????
Very good point, and i would not be surprised
Old 13-02-2009, 11:53 PM
Steven_RW
PassionFord Post Troll

If it was part of the school uniform and he was a regular offender then this was perfectly fair. The school i went to was very strict on this sort of thing too. Rules are rules and kids need them whilst growing up. Teachers have to put up with more than u can dream of and smashing a teachers teeth in for exercising some authority means the kids would have less respect than they already do for the teacher. After that it would just get worse.

RW
Old 14-02-2009, 12:54 AM
cos47
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Tiff you know white is the best colour .................

for a 3dr lol
Old 14-02-2009, 01:00 AM
FletchCossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Why was the lad punished when it was the mother's fault? His Mum knows what the Uniform is (Would have been told when the lad joined the school), so she sent him into school with the wrong uniform.

IMO the Mother should have been called and either dropped some socks into the school or the kid collected and taken home to change. Put the mother out as she made the mistake! The kid is only learning he is being punished for other peoples mistakes!

If the mother was sending him in knowing the uniform was wrong, then a note should of been provided explaining why to the school.

If his a teenager then the school should of still called the parents. How embarassing is it when your mother turns up to give you socks??

The school IMO is out of order for not dealing with it this way and punishing the kid. I would be straight up the school if this was my son and telling them to fucking ring me next time!
Old 14-02-2009, 08:18 AM
BANNED
BANNED

next time tell him to say

"is it cos i is white ???"
Old 14-02-2009, 08:32 AM
Kevin Sharp
PassionFord Post Whore!!

could they not have just made him coulor his socks in with a permanent marker
Old 14-02-2009, 08:39 AM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

completely agree with fletch.

id blame the parents for not making sure the child was dressed accordingly.

the rules cant have just changed.

I do think that they could have gave him a warning first. but schools need to be more strict anyway.
Old 14-02-2009, 09:51 AM
st3v3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

IMO its a pair of socks only,wether they be white,red,yellow or black, at the end of the day ITS ONLY A PAIR OF SOCKS.
Yes there mat be rules in place, but surley to god a letter or at worst a phone call would have been better.

I wonder how many other kids were made to walk arround all day with no socks on.
Old 14-02-2009, 10:05 AM
SOO
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by Kevin Sharp
could they not have just made him coulor his socks in with a permanent marker
hahahaha

i just spat my tea over my computer,cheers kev lol
Old 14-02-2009, 11:20 AM
ballin
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

In the olden days, he would have been cained for it!
Old 14-02-2009, 11:39 AM
Aaroncast
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by rab
tiff, you can't say white or black in a school nowadays mate....

-----------black is black-------------as white is white
your a bigger tosser than the teacher
of course you can say it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 14-02-2009, 12:33 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Originally Posted by FletchCossie
Why was the lad punished when it was the mother's fault? His Mum knows what the Uniform is (Would have been told when the lad joined the school), so she sent him into school with the wrong uniform.

IMO the Mother should have been called and either dropped some socks into the school or the kid collected and taken home to change. Put the mother out as she made the mistake! The kid is only learning he is being punished for other peoples mistakes!

If the mother was sending him in knowing the uniform was wrong, then a note should of been provided explaining why to the school.

If his a teenager then the school should of still called the parents. How embarassing is it when your mother turns up to give you socks??

The school IMO is out of order for not dealing with it this way and punishing the kid. I would be straight up the school if this was my son and telling them to fucking ring me next time!
But it's the childs responsibility aswell. The kid needs to grow up knowing how to handle responsility, which is half the point of school. So you're saying the mother must have known the uniform code - surely the child does aswell, and would have known that white socks was against this uniform code? Or can the child plead ignorance here again?

Next - how do we even know the mother dressed the child? Not being funny, but I was putting my own socks on from about 4 or 5 years old, and I don't remember my mother having to physically dress me during my school life.

If I turned up to school without a tie, we were made the "rent" one from the school office, at a cost of Ł1 a day, which was about half your lunch money in those days. So forget your tie, pretty much go hungry. But because of that, you didn't forget your tie very often!

Or are we saying that if I turned up to school without a tie, I could say it's not my fault; it's my mothers fault for not putting it round my neck?
Old 14-02-2009, 01:40 PM
FletchCossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Thrush
But it's the childs responsibility aswell. The kid needs to grow up knowing how to handle responsility, which is half the point of school. So you're saying the mother must have known the uniform code - surely the child does aswell, and would have known that white socks was against this uniform code? Or can the child plead ignorance here again?

Next - how do we even know the mother dressed the child? Not being funny, but I was putting my own socks on from about 4 or 5 years old, and I don't remember my mother having to physically dress me during my school life.

If I turned up to school without a tie, we were made the "rent" one from the school office, at a cost of Ł1 a day, which was about half your lunch money in those days. So forget your tie, pretty much go hungry. But because of that, you didn't forget your tie very often!

Or are we saying that if I turned up to school without a tie, I could say it's not my fault; it's my mothers fault for not putting it round my neck?
It's the mother's responsibility to ensure the child is attending school in the correct uniform. Im sure the child would wear trainers or jeans or a pink T shirt instead of the uniform, but the parent would make them change to the correct uniform.

We don't know the situation surrounding it, but if this was my son and he was made to take his socks off I would be pissed at his Mum and the school! His Mum should make sure he is dressed correctly to teach the kid right from wrong. If the kid can get away with wearing white socks leaving home what makes him think "Oh, I should change my socks as its not policy or the rules". Nothing! He thinks "Mummy isn't bothered, so why should I be".

The parents should be there to enforce the rules BEFORE the kid leaves the house. Too many parents don't give a fuck what their kids do and thats why our country is going to shit! If parents took the responsibility they should then the kids would grow up better!
Old 14-02-2009, 01:41 PM
geoffxr4

how old is the kid in question? Think that wld help to decide culpability
Old 14-02-2009, 01:44 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by geoffxr4
how old is the kid in question? Think that wld help to decide culpability
hes prob too young to understand that word for a start pmsl
Old 14-02-2009, 02:09 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Originally Posted by FletchCossie
It's the mother's responsibility to ensure the child is attending school in the correct uniform. Im sure the child would wear trainers or jeans or a pink T shirt instead of the uniform, but the parent would make them change to the correct uniform.

We don't know the situation surrounding it, but if this was my son and he was made to take his socks off I would be pissed at his Mum and the school! His Mum should make sure he is dressed correctly to teach the kid right from wrong. If the kid can get away with wearing white socks leaving home what makes him think "Oh, I should change my socks as its not policy or the rules". Nothing! He thinks "Mummy isn't bothered, so why should I be".

The parents should be there to enforce the rules BEFORE the kid leaves the house. Too many parents don't give a fuck what their kids do and thats why our country is going to shit! If parents took the responsibility they should then the kids would grow up better!
Wow, no wonder kids don't understand responsibility!

Absolute tosh. using your line of thinking there, YOU'RE as much to blame if it was your kid, as his mum! Why should you be pissed off at his mum and the school? You're one of the kids parents, therefore it's as much your responsibility as his mums!

Either way, the kid needs to be able to accept responibility. If I hand your kid a gram of coke is it right your kid thinks "well, he doesn't give a fuck it's illegal, therefore I don't have to" ? No, your kid should understand right from wrong, and be respnible enough to realise it's wrong and they shouldn't do it.

If your kid witnesses someone killing someone, does that mean it's okay for the kid to do it also?

Kids need to grow up with discipline and responsibility - something that most kids these days don't have as the parents don't bother to instill it, and the schools are virtually powerless to do so.

To read about a school that actually stood up for something and made an example of a child flaunting rules, then I'm all for it.
Old 14-02-2009, 02:17 PM
mattbibs
PassionFord Post Whore!!

fookin hell tiff you opened a can and a half of worms this time!
Old 14-02-2009, 03:03 PM
FletchCossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Wow, no wonder kids don't understand responsibility!

Absolute tosh. using your line of thinking there, YOU'RE as much to blame if it was your kid, as his mum! Why should you be pissed off at his mum and the school? You're one of the kids parents, therefore it's as much your responsibility as his mums!
If I lived with my son and took him to school then yes, I would be responsible for him complying with the school dress code. As I don't live with him and have no idea of what he wears to school then no, I am not to blame. Hence I would blame his Mum and the school.

Either way, the kid needs to be able to accept responibility. If I hand your kid a gram of coke is it right your kid thinks "well, he doesn't give a fuck it's illegal, therefore I don't have to" ? No, your kid should understand right from wrong, and be respnible enough to realise it's wrong and they shouldn't do it.
Your talking different to me obviously. If you gave my son Coke then he I would be amazed if he actually spoke to you, let alone took the coke. If his parents gave him coke then the kids would do as the parent says. Kids look up to their parents as role models, so if mummy and daddy do something the kid will grow up similier (Not in all cases, but most).

If your kid witnesses someone killing someone, does that mean it's okay for the kid to do it also?
If a kid witnessed his Mum or Dad kill someone and Mummy or Daddy said not to tell anyone, then the kid would stay quiet for as long as they could (Obviously different kids have different tolerances to this). If you or I killed someone we would have to scare the kid into not talking.

Kids need to grow up with discipline and responsibility - something that most kids these days don't have as the parents don't bother to instill it, and the schools are virtually powerless to do so.
I agree with you. Parents are the blame IMO to the way a kid behaives. The schools are not powerless, but on this ocassion they have dealt with it wrongly IMO. There were much better ways to deal with this matter than forcing a kid to remove his clothing.

To read about a school that actually stood up for something and made an example of a child flaunting rules, then I'm all for it.
Im up for schools sticking up with the rules, but most kids in lower schools (12 and under) should have the parents made responsible for the kids actions and make the parents discipline the child and teach them manners and respect.

If the kid is over 12 and in higher schools, then they should be made responsible for their actions. IMO I would of made the kid sit in an alternate class (Isolation) after the 2nd or 3rd time this happened. The first would result in a letter being sent to the parents to make them aware of the situation.

When kids reach a certain age they want independance, so having their parents involved will piss them off and they will stick to the rules to keep their parents out of it.
Old 14-02-2009, 03:24 PM
clarke5700
YES I KNOW I CANT SPELL

Originally Posted by SillyFezzaMk1
This is exactly why I fucking hate what this country is becoming.

Every aspect of our lives is controlled by some fucking idiot who has Zero clue about the real world....

I mean FFS...just give the lad a note to pass to his parents reminding them of the uniform policy...if its repeatedly abused then ok send them home & contact parents but FFS making a kid take his socks off because they're white is out of order!

Slap is in order for the teacher!

dan
thats my oppioun as well.
Old 14-02-2009, 03:35 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

sorry but parents should teach there kids NOT to wear white socks with trousers,,, you teach you kids to dress and would you teach them to wear shoes with swimming trunks ?

you really think you kid should be turning up for school looking like micheal jackson

i live in a poor area and so i see the state some parents send there kids in,,, ok some aint got enough money due to them spending it on fags and computer games for there kids but some kids come in with dirty clothes and there hair in knots !!

ok my little one is 5 and so when i collect her shes a fucking mess ill admit, but shes taken home, out of school uniform and either in pjamas or in clean clothes if we have to go anywhere

dress your kids properly, would you leave the house going to work dressed as a tramp ?
Old 14-02-2009, 04:49 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Ginge !
would you leave the house going to work dressed as a tramp ?
i work part time as a tramp impersonator - so yes
Old 14-02-2009, 04:54 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

my little one will always dress better than me, i wont let he wear clothes that dont match, shes right now wearting a pink dress, white jumper with pink writing, white tights and pinks shoes,,,,, and we aint even left the house today
Old 14-02-2009, 04:58 PM
babscossie

Tim

Good answer, totally agree
Old 14-02-2009, 05:12 PM
AJ-RST1
The posh are up!!!

Fucking teacher must of been on crack, that is fucking wrong. english teachers aint got a fucking clue
Old 14-02-2009, 05:22 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by AJ-RST1
Fucking teacher must of been on crack, that is fucking wrong. english teachers aint got a fucking clue
yeah its the teacher cause the kid aint dressed appropriate, would you go to work in trousers and white socks ???
Old 14-02-2009, 05:24 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

would you leave the house going to work dressed as a tramp ?
yes. i go to work in ripped/worn trousers with a hoodie with ripped sleaves and a body warmer covered in glue . but im not a tramp. im a joiner and thats the standard uniform.
Old 14-02-2009, 05:25 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

yeah its the teacher cause the kid aint dressed appropriate, would you go to work in trousers and white socks ???
lots of people must wear white socks as they seem to have plenty for sale in shops.

Quick Reply: How wrong is this...My Son at school today.....