General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

No. 7 Shirt at Liverpool

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 08:56 PM
JK99
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default No. 7 Shirt at Liverpool

Do you reckon there's a certain pressure on the player who get's that number at your club?

I'm trying to think who the last decent No.7 was at Anfield. The last 4 out of 5 I can think of haven't done it for you for one reason or another (Clough, Smicer, Kewell and Keane).

I know United have the 'famous numbers' but Ferguson seems to put a player in that shirt that he knows can handle it.

Thoughts??
Old 02-02-2009, 10:40 PM
Cozzie Bhoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure if Keane not performing had anything to do with the number on his shirt. Think he was in the middle of a "game" with the club owners and Benitez. He scored 2 goals in one match and dropped for the next. Thats sure to wreck his head. Interesting to see how the Spurs fans will welcome him back?
Old 03-02-2009, 08:44 AM
Smit
The 60ft Launch King

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Keane was givin chances but he was like Crouch when he arrived he just couldn't score for shit! Un like Crouch he wasn't played every match... iirc Crouch played around 11/12 game before he even scored!

Need someone that will gel with Gerrard and Torres... Suggestions?
Old 03-02-2009, 09:25 AM
gingeRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Smit

Need someone that will gel with Gerrard and Torres... Suggestions?
that man is arsenal's no 4 but hes staying!
Old 03-02-2009, 09:36 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gingeRS
that man is arsenal's no 4 but hes staying!

I'm thinking 4 is fabregas? I'd love to see him at liverpool!
Old 03-02-2009, 10:07 AM
jumpin jack crash
its a gas gas gas

keane would have done well at cesspool if rafa had given him a chance. he's a proven striker at every level for how long now... 10 years?

you need games to gel with team mates and to get match fit. which he never got. big mistake by rafa imo. liverpool can kiss the title goodbye and they will never win another one with rafa in charge as he aint got a clue about english football.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:40 AM
JK99

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm not sure who you could get in because he seems intent on not playing Gerrard in his strongest position all the time. It's one of the problems of being good enough to play anywhere tho - but I'd still like to see him as an out and out centre mid.

If he stuck Gerrard in centre mid then he could try and find the perfect link man. Keane could have played this role given the chance.

Someone like Iniesta would be a great signing in a 4-5-1 with decent wide men, but there would be concerns about how he would adapt to the English game.

Wide men seems to be Rafa's weakness - he hasn't bought a decent full-back or a wide man yet. Babel is decent but he doesn't seem to fancy him much.

Even a Tevez type to do Torres' graft for him but still have a threat himself (basically an improved version on Kuyt!).

JK
Old 03-02-2009, 01:19 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

To answer the original question...no-one will live up to King Kenny in that shirt!

As for all of these knee jerk reactions, i just don't get it! Keane wasn't performing so got benched! and now is sold, it makes no difference to our title ambitions at all!!