General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

lookin to get cossie again

Search this Thread

Old 26-01-2009, 07:06 PM
Rob Virgo
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile lookin to get cossie again

hi lads,

lookin for a magenta saff with a rebuilt or recently built engine done by a reputable source.straight car with clean bodywork so if you know of any sellers please pass on this message.
an establised board member or known car would save time with messers but be warned i want to take advantage of the dropping cost of saffs so am not going to pay top prices..

cheers
rob v
Old 26-01-2009, 07:11 PM
Dirty Harry
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob Virgo
hi lads,

lookin for a magenta saff with a rebuilt or recently built engine done by a reputable source.straight car with clean bodywork so if you know of any sellers please pass on this message.
an establised board member or known car would save time with messers but be warned i want to take advantage of the dropping cost of saffs so am not going to pay top prices..

cheers
rob v
dont think good cars come cheap,they dont I have been looking for a good one for a customers for over 6 months,I have now informed him he will have to increase his budget (which isnt small) only shits cars drop mate good ones still hold good value,I think you are going to have lot of wasted trips
by the way got your PM and its cool
Old 26-01-2009, 07:26 PM
james kiely
10K+ Poster!!

Received 424 Likes on 399 Posts

hi rob as pete said ,good ones dont drop in price ,i paid £8500 last april for a 4b,but it came with over £40,000 in receipts and hasnt missed a beat in 8 months
cheers james
Old 26-01-2009, 07:45 PM
Rob Virgo

dont get me wrong , i will pay for a good car,
james, you car sounds good.any more info

rob v
Old 27-01-2009, 05:34 PM
Rob Virgo

Default saff 4b

Originally Posted by james kiely
hi rob as pete said ,good ones dont drop in price ,i paid £8500 last april for a 4b,but it came with over £40,000 in receipts and hasnt missed a beat in 8 months
cheers james

cheers james

got your pm
Old 27-01-2009, 05:38 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Good luck in finding a good one.
Old 27-01-2009, 06:11 PM
Lee Ivatt
Shizzle My Nizzle

No. dont do it

Ive know of an absolute beauty, for sale not magneta tho. but very clean original unmolested car, even on original wheels and not asking megga money either.
Old 27-01-2009, 06:11 PM
brad
PassionFord Post Troll

But what do people class as "a good one" if a car is straight and mechanicly sound but requires a bit of paintwork and is only 4.5k is that not a good one ?.
I only ask as ive spent a bit of time looking for a mechanicly genuine 2wd and keep coming across 4b's that have all the right bits but need a little tidying around the edges and are very well priced .I personally hate 4wd so wont have one but i have to admit i have been tempted.
If you spend 8k on a mint 4b are you garunteed not to get any failures ? or any more than on a 4k 2wd ?
Quite interested to read others opinions on this.
Old 27-01-2009, 06:19 PM
kosman
sideways all the way!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i spent 5k on my 2wd and its in very good not mint nick,and just requiring basic maintenance,prob cost me another 2k on top to keep it up,but wouldnt have it any other way,good cossys are expensive to run and maintain,bad cossies are expensive to run and maintain,thats how i see it anyway
Old 28-01-2009, 07:52 PM
Rob Virgo

Originally Posted by brad
But what do people class as "a good one" if a car is straight and mechanicly sound but requires a bit of paintwork and is only 4.5k is that not a good one ?.
I only ask as ive spent a bit of time looking for a mechanicly genuine 2wd and keep coming across 4b's that have all the right bits but need a little tidying around the edges and are very well priced .I personally hate 4wd so wont have one but i have to admit i have been tempted.
If you spend 8k on a mint 4b are you garunteed not to get any failures ? or any more than on a 4k 2wd ?

brad ,

i agree on the mech needing to be right and in a straight shell.bodywork as in bumps,paint and knocks can be sorted no probs.

rob v
Old 28-01-2009, 08:32 PM
Lee Ivatt
Shizzle My Nizzle

Originally Posted by brad
Im of the other opinion, id rather buy something like a cossie on body and over all condition. over the mechanicals.

Its much easier to replace a head gasket, a turbo, change a clutch or fix a gear box then it is to do body work. IMHO.