General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

where can i get

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 03:38 PM
coswurv
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default where can i get

A new mainshaft for the rs turbo gearbox as im rebuilding mine and the end of the shaft is mullered, any help would be appreciated
Old 12-01-2009, 05:53 PM
coswurv
PassionFord Post Troll

anybody got any ideas then, or is it just try my luck at ford ?
Old 12-01-2009, 07:20 PM
rs combi
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dont know if its the same on all of them but its usualy the bearings on the shaft that fail that causes the damage but it usualy fooks the casing aswell. the bearing spins in the casing
(i think you can get oversized bearings ) but you have to get the casing machined for them to fit this is what happened to mine anyway.
so you might want to check this out before you rebuild it
Old 12-01-2009, 07:44 PM
coswurv
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by rs combi
dont know if its the same on all of them but its usualy the bearings on the shaft that fail that causes the damage but it usualy fooks the casing aswell. the bearing spins in the casing
(i think you can get oversized bearings ) but you have to get the casing machined for them to fit this is what happened to mine anyway.
so you might want to check this out before you rebuild it
bearing hasnt spun in mine, im looking into using the oversize bearing, i understand you need the casing machined out and also a collar fitted to the end of the shaft to fatten the shaft so it fits in the bigger bearing ?, i just need a new shaft with the collar fitted then i can get the bearing locally and get the case machined.