General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

32" lcd TV with freeview help needed:)

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 11:44 AM
Chris Honeywell
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 32" lcd TV with freeview help needed:)

my son just got a 32" flatscreen
Now previously he had a "normal" 21" with a seperate freeview box, now we have no aerial on the house as downstairs i have a virgin box.

He's always run his freeview with a portable aerial and managed to get loads of channels np as we are in a good signal area, but now with his new TV he needs to have the portable aerial behind the TV as opposed to the old TV (which he had the aerial sat on top).

Problem now is that he gets the channels ok with the aerial sat in the middle of his bedroom floor but as soon as its within 3 feet of the Flatscreen it looses the signal completly.

I've tried it on my 50" in the lounge same sort of thing happens and have tried a £3 aerial and a £30 one same problem..

Anyone got an solutions as there is no way i'm paying £200 for someone to put a aerial on the roof:P.

I see in currys you can get portable freeview compatible aerials they only have short leads so would a new one do the job? or is it just that the aerial needs to be a few feet away from the TV to work
Old 11-01-2009, 11:47 AM
Rick Astley
Never gonna give you up!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you tried the aerial mounted against the wall?