General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

A shot in the dark?FAO toyta mechanics etc..is the turbo fooked on my toyota lucida??

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 06:22 PM
rugged rick
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question A shot in the dark?FAO toyta mechanics etc..is the turbo fooked on my toyota lucida??

hello guys and girls,im after a bit of advice regarding failure of the turbocharger on our lucida(i think thats what it is)

bit of a long shot but you you never know!!

I was travelling home from work this morning and within 10 minutes of my journey there was a strange buzzing sound coming from dash,kept coming and going so which didnt sound right then all of a sudden there was a loss of power and then clouds of white smoke from the exhaust and lost engine power immediately,looked at the 2 light on rev counter and noticed that the turbo light wasnt coming on,then i could hear this noise that sounded like something in downpipe/exhaust like a tinny rattling noise,i nursed it home and now my suspiscions lie with the turbo?? im pretty handy with the spanners so i dont mind attempting to change it myself if its locatable.

any second opinions would be grateful and if someone would be so kind to tell me whereabouts the turbo is located i would appreciate it.

once again bit hit and miss but you dont ask you dont get thanks for taking the time to read my post and i await your replies.

thanks again, Rick

Last edited by rugged rick; 06-01-2009 at 06:24 PM.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:47 PM
rugged rick
PassionFord Regular

up^^
Old 06-01-2009, 06:54 PM
ballin
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rugged rick
im pretty handy with the spanners so i dont mind attempting to change it myself....and if someone would be so kind to tell me whereabouts the turbo is located i would appreciate it.

it's just after the exhaust manifold mate
Old 06-01-2009, 06:58 PM
rugged rick
PassionFord Regular

Talking

ballin please give me a bit more credit i know that much!!