General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Parking ticket help

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 07:14 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Parking ticket help

My dads just come home with one but it was in a car park in town after 6pm and he also displayed his disabled badge.

He was only gone 5mins.

He thought the carpark was free after 6 for anyone, plus is it not free for a disabled badge holder anyway?
Old 03-01-2009, 07:26 PM
Bazzon
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No any rules can be put in place by the owner of the car park if its a private one.

By parking in a car park you are entering in to a "contract" with the land owner (in a way) If he did not read the sign that highlighted the terms and conditions of this contract then he is at fault. If he read them and did not agree with them he should have parked somewhere else.

sorry, but thats how i see it.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:29 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Bazzon
No any rules can be put in place by the owner of the car park if its a private one.

By parking in a car park you are entering in to a "contract" with the land owner (in a way) If he did not read the sign that highlighted the terms and conditions of this contract then he is at fault. If he read them and did not agree with them he should have parked somewhere else.

sorry, but thats how i see it.
How I'd see it as well. If the land is privately owned then the owner can charge who he wants, irrespective of whether a disabled badge was shown or not.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:37 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just spoke to him and looked at the ticket myself, its actually got wrote on "disabled badge holders have to pay in normal bays" so hes obviously parked in a normal bay which normal users have to pay(even after 6) fair enough but its still fcking tight as the carpark was nearly empty apparently, so their telling him if he moved over the other side of the carpark(further for him to walk) in a disabled bay he would have been ok i can understand if the carpark is full and its a saterday afternoon, but not in the evening when its empty

Oh well bugger all we can do about it.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:54 AM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just make sure EVERY DETAIL is correct as just one innacuracy makes it null and void.
But as said down to whoever owns the land, a lot of councils are taking away free disabled parking as well these days, so best find some yellow lines with no parking(loading) restrictions, if it's single or double yellow with no stripes on curbstone(loading restrictions) then he has three hours, if in time limited place on street he has no time limit.
Parking on yellows in Scotland there is no time lomit.
tabetha

Last edited by tabetha; 04-01-2009 at 08:57 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:57 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

The car park wardens wont let anyone get away without a ticket. A lot of them are on commission based pay. Its about money in private car parks, plain and simple.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:36 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

wrtie back explaing that it was dark and there wasn't a visible sign stating that everyone had to pay, which is why the disabled badged was displayed

then go to the car park and take lots of pictures of everything, including the signs, to accompany your letter

i had the same thing a ew years back where they said that it was my fault for not reading the sign that was 12 feet up in the air telling me i was only able to drive through the car park and not stop regardless of the reasons for the stopping (their camera vehicle blocking the road)

it got a bit complicated but i've not heard back from them after writing 5 letters and invovling the police for threatening letters

hope it works out, much better to have to spend a few hours writing stuf than paying some theving bastards Ł150
Old 04-01-2009, 11:29 AM
yellowsierra
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was down in Brighton one year and parked up in Madeira Drive (which is the long bit along the front were they hold the speed trials) Anyway, i found a space and parked up , then wondered of to the nearest pay machine which was a couple of minutes away and if anyone has parked up down there will know what i mean as the road goes on for ever and has about one machine every like mile. Got me ticket, then wondered back to my car only to find a warden placing a ticket on my screen !!!

Looking at my ticket, it had the start time set at 12:00 and the ticket he gave me was set at 12:02. I showed him this and said you may as well just cancel out the ticket only to be told that once they are issued, they cannot be un issued and that i would have to whrite to the town hall.

So, i wrote to the town hall and they got back to me saying they have let me off on this instance but in future when coming to the City of Brighton that i must make sure i have a ticket before parking.......yer whatever
Old 04-01-2009, 11:38 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

that's a fooooking long road mate

i got a parking ticket while i was still half a mile away getting to the destination a while back this year luckily the van was tracked to i printed the tracker stuff off and went round the town hall and "demanded" to see someone who was not incompetent

and also, they CAN write off a ticket, they just bullshit you ebcause they hope you won't complain and they can get another ticket to add to their tally

cunts

the other things i've found is that i get tickets for being in a loading bay "without loading" as the rules state "there must be evidence of loading/unloading being carried out and witnessed by the warden"
who the fuck is going to leave the back of their van open while they are wandering about 100's or yards away in some office?

i'm sure these wardens undergo some sort of iq tests and only the ones that fail get the jobs (waits for ginge to read this )