General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Dent master any good.

Search this Thread

Old 30-12-2008, 06:02 PM
dickycox
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dent master any good.

Cant belive what hapend today first time i took the car cover of my escosy in 6 months and one of the trophys it won fell of the shelf and hit the front wing.Slight dent and chiped the paint only small .Do you think dent master can sort it as i dont want to paint the complete wing cheers.
Old 30-12-2008, 06:06 PM
costina
Live long and prosper!!

Received 371 Likes on 346 Posts

Removing the dent is not the problem sorting the chip is you will see that its been touched in

Paul
Old 30-12-2008, 06:19 PM
RS Juto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about chips away?........ they may be able to help you out
Old 30-12-2008, 06:27 PM
JMC
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Very common thing, the dent is the bit that draws your eye to it. Would not bother with Chipsaway to be honest as they will want to paint and fill which will only look good for 6 months and it never looks right. Get the dent done and touch it in if its not a massive scratch / chip. I am midlands based but do come down to BCA Newport now and again, cant really reccomend anyone down that way as the lads I work with at Newport are Plymouth, Swindon, Northants etc
Old 30-12-2008, 06:30 PM
orionmojo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the thing to ermember is that dent master is a franchise business, so you'll get some good and some bad experiences, its really a word of mouth kind of thing on something "special" like that. if it were a shopping hack it might not matter so much
Old 30-12-2008, 06:31 PM
costina
Live long and prosper!!

I do my own (PDR) and know many good guys here in swindon
Paint will always be the problem sorry

Paul
Old 30-12-2008, 06:34 PM
costina
Live long and prosper!!

Originally Posted by orionmojo
the thing to ermember is that dent master is a franchise business, so you'll get some good and some bad experiences, its really a word of mouth kind of thing on something "special" like that. if it were a shopping hack it might not matter so much
Theres more than u can shake a stick at around here but as said its word of mouth that counts as there are a lot of people who think they can do it
Even i sometimes get my mate to some that i'm not confident to do

Paul
Old 30-12-2008, 06:34 PM
BANNED
BANNED

as above, i have seen amazing dents removed you would never believe it, theres vids on youtube one of em he hits a quarter of a porsche with a bowling ball an repairs it.

as its chipped the paint i would sugest a bodyshop, they will repair the dent, base coat a small area and laquer the whole wing, that the only right way for a invisible repair. rough cost Ł100 - Ł200
Old 30-12-2008, 06:35 PM
JMC

Dent Master is dead Dent Wizard is the rebranded name and they do still have some corp techs but as Orionmojo says your end up with a franchisee who may but good or maybe not Post a pic up
Old 30-12-2008, 06:35 PM
orionmojo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by costina
Theres more than u can shake a stick at around here but as said its word of mouth that counts as there are a lot of people who think they can do it
Even i sometimes get my mate to some that i'm not confident to do

Paul
thats something i was told a while ago, cos i was gonna get them out. i spose i listened cos theres still 2 dents in the door of my cortina whats the point of paying someone to make it worse
Old 30-12-2008, 06:40 PM
dickycox

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So i think ill take it to these guys buy me who have a paint shop they can get the dent out then bloe it in .
Old 30-12-2008, 06:42 PM
BANNED
BANNED

a blow in local is good but for a proper job the whole panel should be laquered
Old 30-12-2008, 06:51 PM
JMC

Bodyshop will only call a dent guy out and charge you well over the odds to do it, then probably do a local on it. Take it being one of the cars trophies its a concourse job? Any dent guy should get it out mint or tell you before working on it that there is going to be a trace or a best possible repair.
If you ring up a main dealer they will usually reccomend someone so you dont end up with a chimp whos done a 2 week course and has a bag full off bars
Old 30-12-2008, 07:52 PM
costina
Live long and prosper!!

Originally Posted by orionmojo
thats something i was told a while ago, cos i was gonna get them out. i spose i listened cos theres still 2 dents in the door of my cortina whats the point of paying someone to make it worse
Dents in a Tina you need a lump hammer and a tyre bar to get those out lol not like these new 0.6mm panels they have now only way for those bad boys is good old panel beating and filler

Paul
Old 30-12-2008, 07:53 PM
costina
Live long and prosper!!

Originally Posted by JMC
Bodyshop will only call a dent guy out and charge you well over the odds to do it, then probably do a local on it. Take it being one of the cars trophies its a concourse job? Any dent guy should get it out mint or tell you before working on it that there is going to be a trace or a best possible repair.
If you ring up a main dealer they will usually reccomend someone so you dont end up with a chimp whos done a 2 week course and has a bag full off bars
LOL i very rarely use bars i just use the gluesaves the hassle of stripping panels etc

Paul
Old 30-12-2008, 07:56 PM
orionmojo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by costina
Dents in a Tina you need a lump hammer and a tyre bar to get those out lol not like these new 0.6mm panels they have now only way for those bad boys is good old panel beating and filler

Paul
lol i know! car park dents in sheet steel i'd love to have caught the bastards though, as you said tis hard to damage them
Old 30-12-2008, 08:06 PM
costina
Live long and prosper!!

Get some pics up of that Tina

Paul