General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

How do you greet your male friends?

Search this Thread

Old 30-12-2008, 11:57 AM
89xr2
Brap!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A big hug and a sloppy kiss for my "special" friends.
Old 30-12-2008, 12:00 PM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Usually a firm handshake, maybe also touch the shoulder with my other hand if we're talking. Man hug for close mates if its a special time or long time no see.

Or a nipple gripple for my mate Matt
Old 30-12-2008, 12:03 PM
burnzy
burnzy

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by fuzzy
muppets that think it makes them more of a man if they can outdo you with the firmness/grip of their handshake.
lol totally agree i'm 6'4" n i think ppl think just cos that i'm gunna try n squeeze there hand off, admitted it shouldn't be a limp handshake but have abit of grip like u was tryin to pick summit up, now i'v just stopped smokin n i feel like killin n e think that has a heartbeat atm, maybe if someone tries it again i should have ago myself n see how they like it lol
Old 30-12-2008, 12:06 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by Burnzybubbles
lol totally agree i'm 6'4" n i think ppl think just cos that i'm gunna try n squeeze there hand off, admitted it shouldn't be a limp handshake but have abit of grip like u was tryin to pick summit up, now i'v just stopped smokin n i feel like killin n e think that has a heartbeat atm, maybe if someone tries it again i should have ago myself n see how they like it lol
its usually the little skinny guys that try to squeeze your hand off to make themselves feel more manly
Old 30-12-2008, 12:08 PM
89xr2
Brap!

its usually the little skinny guys that try to squeeze your hand off to make themselves feel more manly
Just grab their balls and then see how manly they feel

Last edited by 89xr2; 30-12-2008 at 12:10 PM.
Old 30-12-2008, 12:10 PM
ben_frst
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

greet all my mates and some non mates with a swift finger up the bum
Old 30-12-2008, 12:16 PM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by KSA-Cossie
Fucking kisses ? hell no Usually just rip the piss out of each other from the moment we meet till we leave.
Sounds about right ... Think being in the RAF has somthing to do with that though, and my best mate is a fireman, if you were an outsider you would think we all hated each other , but we always say to people if you don't get the abuse you know we don't like you..

"Alright Cuntface" seems to be in fashion at the moment
Old 30-12-2008, 12:16 PM
burnzy
burnzy

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by 89xr2
Just grab their balls and then see how manly they feel
Hahahahaha! u no me too well n yea it usually is the little skinny blokes, i'v named it little man sindrome,

n one thing lad's how do i multiple quote on here i'v forgotten i'm sure i could do it before but comp had broken inbetween n now forgotten
Old 30-12-2008, 01:02 PM
kosman
sideways all the way!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

im just 'alreet me howd' to man,woman,nan,bro,mum,dad,best mate,sum1 i dont know et al
Old 30-12-2008, 01:22 PM
jammerrs
PassionFord Post Troll

usualy just pretend to be gay with my closer mates and alrate for all my mates that think there big 'ard matcho man.
Old 30-12-2008, 01:45 PM
Steven_RW
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

muppets that think it makes them more of a man if they can outdo you with the firmness/grip of their handshake.
Between best mates it is a competition of strength always, in our case usually whilst laughing out loud. Nothing wrong with that and the guys know the score and it shows the fact I am genuinely pleased to see them again.

When it is someone you have not met before it should definitely be a hard handshake not some limp wrist affair. It is nothing to do with competing at all, when it is someone you have just met. If you handshake someone to the floor in pain, the first time you meet them, then you have taken it too far, but any real guy knows to shake hands hard rather than soft. Example being, hard enough to squash an orange but not a raw potato .

My father works in the motor trade and forever and a day when I was taken round garages as a kid and introduced to the mechanics and foreman, they would always give your hand a mighty shake after no more than a slight wipe on their overalls to remove whatever hypoid oil was on their mits! So to me it is just the way I was brought up, u never refuse a handshake and u always put a respectful amount of effort in.

In my eyes it shows strength of character and conviction. I can't imagine shaking someone's hand softly when u are genuinely pleased to see them again... It would just feel weird.

As for Tony's comment about the girls finding someone that will tell them what they want to hear. Now you got me thinking... but I still don't believe it. There are tonnes of "good at heart" lads who are totally in touch with their feelings and the girls "love" to talk to them but they never have a girlfriend... These lads tell the girls everything they want to hear when they are upset but are still as single and without sex as they come... It is about a happy balance, not being a street fighting, spitting hard man, but also not being a total pussy.

RW
Old 30-12-2008, 03:41 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

I greet all males the same whether I know them or not, I simply say alright or ey up. I've never hugged a man and never will, I can't even remember hugging my dad as a kid.
Anything official and it's a handshake, and it must be firm, definately not limp. You can't trust a man with a limp handshake.
Old 30-12-2008, 03:45 PM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven_RW
Between best mates it is a competition of strength always, in our case usually whilst laughing out loud. Nothing wrong with that and the guys know the score and it shows the fact I am genuinely pleased to see them again.

When it is someone you have not met before it should definitely be a hard handshake not some limp wrist affair. It is nothing to do with competing at all, when it is someone you have just met. If you handshake someone to the floor in pain, the first time you meet them, then you have taken it too far, but any real guy knows to shake hands hard rather than soft. Example being, hard enough to squash an orange but not a raw potato .

My father works in the motor trade and forever and a day when I was taken round garages as a kid and introduced to the mechanics and foreman, they would always give your hand a mighty shake after no more than a slight wipe on their overalls to remove whatever hypoid oil was on their mits! So to me it is just the way I was brought up, u never refuse a handshake and u always put a respectful amount of effort in.

In my eyes it shows strength of character and conviction. I can't imagine shaking someone's hand softly when u are genuinely pleased to see them again... It would just feel weird.

As for Tony's comment about the girls finding someone that will tell them what they want to hear. Now you got me thinking... but I still don't believe it. There are tonnes of "good at heart" lads who are totally in touch with their feelings and the girls "love" to talk to them but they never have a girlfriend... These lads tell the girls everything they want to hear when they are upset but are still as single and without sex as they come... It is about a happy balance, not being a street fighting, spitting hard man, but also not being a total pussy.

RW
the mistake you appear to be making is that you actually seem to care what your GF thinks are you in touch with your feminine side
if the big head isn't listening she should try talking to the little head
Old 30-12-2008, 03:52 PM
cozzfather
C.R.E.A.M.

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i'm surprised nobodys mentioned this....

Body language is a term for communication using body movements or gestures instead of, or in addition to, sounds, verbal language or other communication. It forms part of the category of paralanguage, which describes all forms of human communication that are not verbal language. This includes the most subtle of movements that many people are not aware of, including winking and slight movement of the eyebrows. In addition body language can also incorporate the use of facial expressions.

i like to give it eyebrows,as in raise them for acknowlegement or a good old fashioned
Old 30-12-2008, 04:05 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Lee youve been thinking too hard about this

You should break it down into greeting and affection. often the displaying of affection and a greeting are combined into one action, but there is still the two distinct meanings.

for me greetings etc have fuck all to do with being macho/feminine/ in touch with emotions or any of that bollocks.

Performing a greeting is merely a socially acceptable norm/learned behavior in most societies/cultures around the world.

For me a greeting is just saying hello or whatever is deemed appropriate for the culture and formality of the situation. ie handshake etc.

Showing affection is different to just the greeting and the level of affection depends on the person and what they mean to you.

I think all these people who have to "outsqueeze" the other persons hand etc and "pull away first in a manhug" "be most manly" etc have obvious insecurities

Hugging a male friend longer than he finds comfortable dont mean your a poofter and want to bum him Just means your not so adept at reading his body language Unless you do it deliberately in which case you are trying to send a message
Old 30-12-2008, 04:05 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

You should break it down into greeting and affection. often the displaying of affection and a greeting are combined into one action, but there is still the two distinct meanings.

for me greetings etc have fuck all to do with being macho/feminine/ in touch with emotions or any of that bollocks.

Performing a greeting is merely a socially acceptable norm/learned behavior in most societies/cultures around the world.

For me a greeting is just saying hello or whatever is deemed appropriate for the culture and formality of the situation. ie handshake etc.

Showing affection is different to just the greeting and the level of affection depends on the person and what they mean to you.

I think all these people who have to "outsqueeze" the other persons hand etc and "pull away first in a manhug" "be most manly" etc have obvious insecurities

Hugging a male friend longer than he finds comfortable dont mean your a poofter and want to bum him Just means your not so adept at reading his body language Unless you do it deliberately in which case you are trying to send a message
Old 30-12-2008, 06:02 PM
Steven_RW
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Tony S Mannock
the mistake you appear to be making is that you actually seem to care what your GF thinks are you in touch with your feminine side
if the big head isn't listening she should try talking to the little head
Tony - what are u talking about?

Honestly?

RW
Old 30-12-2008, 06:09 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

every bloke gets a handshake with shoulder to shoulder hug type thing,,, just the way we great people

i dont bother with women as i try to avoid being close to any women i dont live with
Old 30-12-2008, 06:41 PM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by cozzfather
i'm surprised nobodys mentioned this....

Body language is a term for communication using body movements or gestures instead of, or in addition to, sounds, verbal language or other communication. It forms part of the category of paralanguage, which describes all forms of human communication that are not verbal language. This includes the most subtle of movements that many people are not aware of, including winking and slight movement of the eyebrows. In addition body language can also incorporate the use of facial expressions.

i like to give it eyebrows,as in raise them for acknowlegement or a good old fashioned

im am very expressive with my face and eyebrows apparently.

im supposed to be able to say alot without talking
Old 30-12-2008, 06:53 PM
Lee Ivatt
Shizzle My Nizzle

HAS anyone watched the vid yet, or am i the only one who found it funny

Originally Posted by Bullett
lee, you've met me! im not the new age man type.

if its a formal meeting its has to be a good strong handshake.nothing bugs me more than a limp wristed handshake from people.shows no confidence in themselves imo.

as for mates its just a case of "alright mate"

im an essex boy for gods sake. not a french man
...Thank god i didnt bear hug you when u made my plates up the other week

(bought the aston to your work the other week to get some bits but u wernt in, even polished it! also did u catch "8 below" the other day, wicked film!!")

Originally Posted by dojj
vw's would be like ali g
land rover drivers i would think would be all secret handshakes and funny walks
I have all 3, dont look good for me then does it

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver

Warren thats the 5th double post ive seen of yours in less than a day, (im on to you, i know your game, your a secret post count whore)

(also notice how ive compressed all these quotes into one post)

Havnt actually thought about it too much, just a bit of fun. No one should take me too seriously, i cant be arsed to be serious.
Loving the replys, just as if expected from the pf gang

Originally Posted by RSTurboSI
dont you just hate it when poeple wine and try care for what your saying. Just like i want you to give two shits as a really dont

Ohhh you bitch.
"sup boys" = Enough said

Last edited by Lee Ivatt; 30-12-2008 at 06:55 PM.
Old 30-12-2008, 06:54 PM
AJC
10K+ Poster!!

Received 83 Likes on 73 Posts

a good slap on the buttocks
Old 30-12-2008, 07:00 PM
Stu.750
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

alright , bollocks , cunt , shit face , wanker - with a firm handshake
Old 30-12-2008, 07:49 PM
glensport
The special one....

usually awrite or whats hapnin..... a close friend of mine has his own way of greeting people!!! usualy whats hapnin penis puss or awrite shagger...... strange but amusing.
Old 30-12-2008, 08:11 PM
stevenebm
post whore

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

i hate when stoo greets me as its always with his cock in his hand asking for a hug
Old 30-12-2008, 08:16 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Shaking hands with Dumped(Marty) is a wet experience that usually makes me feel nervous and terrified
Old 30-12-2008, 08:40 PM
the benno
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

who gives a fuck what the woman says, a manly hand clasp/shake for good mates and just an "alright mate" to more casual aquantances and thats it.
ditto
Old 30-12-2008, 09:06 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Just heyup mate, are you alright? Etc. I wouldnt want a hug off a mate! What a load of shit that is!
Old 30-12-2008, 09:07 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by stevenebm
i hate when stoo greets me as its always with his cock in his hand asking for a hug
I think youve mentioned Stoo and his cock etc in every thread lately Steven, getting obbsessive!
Old 30-12-2008, 09:21 PM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

all my female mates that i don't fancy get a big hug and a kiss (if you like em, it feels odd "

im not afraid of a man hug, but depends on the situation really. i'm definaly a rather effeminate person and not embarrased about it, its not like I want to snog em or anytihng... lol
Old 30-12-2008, 09:32 PM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

I normally greet my male friends with a bill
Old 30-12-2008, 09:33 PM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Jim Galbally
all my female mates that i don't fancy get a big hug and a kiss (if you like em, it feels odd "

im not afraid of a man hug, but depends on the situation really. i'm definaly a rather effeminate person and not embarrased about it, its not like I want to snog em or anytihng... lol
Jim if we gave you a big hug you would snap in two
Old 30-12-2008, 09:34 PM
dakar
Advanced PassionFord User

Call me insensative but its an "alright pal" from me and nothing more
Old 30-12-2008, 09:41 PM
arch

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Dear lord, men hugging and kissing everywhere, what's the world coming to. A simple "Alright Bumma" will suffice for most friends, anything formal is a firm but not extreme handshake (also, feels very odd when for something official, a women offers her hand to shake)
Old 30-12-2008, 10:20 PM
Stu.750
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Nah ill hug a mate if they are distressed or upset like , you know when ya good mates are coz you can tell
Old 30-12-2008, 11:08 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by Lee Ivatt
HAS anyone watched the vid yet, or am i the only one who found it funny

no couldnt be arsed
Old 30-12-2008, 11:11 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

a quick peck on the cheeks usually, cant see the problem in it
Old 30-12-2008, 11:29 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

tony why do they call you rhino ?
Old 30-12-2008, 11:34 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

in this case can i not be a friend at the end of january
Old 30-12-2008, 11:40 PM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Jay.
tony why do they call you rhino ?
becuase i have thick skin and a big horn and my eyes are going
Old 30-12-2008, 11:41 PM
FastFordChris

hahahah this thread remined me of this

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx8G7B...ext=1&index=87

Quick Reply: How do you greet your male friends?