General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Metallica fans look here....

Search this Thread

Old 14-12-2008, 07:14 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Metallica fans look here....

LOL just recorded a video of me playing the SOLO to 'The Day That Never Comes'.

Check it lol

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=KQpduI...e=channel_page

Oh i'm not left handed guitarist. Apple Mac cameras are stupid lol
Old 14-12-2008, 07:22 PM
martinvrs
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Good show!!

I'm a huge metallica fan.
Always good to see somebody play metal properly. You've got that down to a T.

What guitar & pickups are you using?
Old 14-12-2008, 07:27 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

cheers dude

ESP mainly as i've have a endorsement with them that i signed a month ago. In january they are sending me 2 guitars to my spec.

M-II in white with EMG81 in the bridge and a EMG60 in the neck. Original floyd rose, maple neck. And the other one is same spec but in black.

Got a Randall RM100 Amp that i'm selling as i've ordered a Mesa Boogie Road King Series II.
Old 14-12-2008, 07:29 PM
pete mcrash
saff is working!!!...atm

81 in the bridge......................god they rock...........
Old 14-12-2008, 07:32 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Originally Posted by pete mcrash
81 in the bridge......................god they rock...........
Through the Mesa they are GODLY. The seymour duncans Blackouts are really good aswell. I'm still considering telling ESP to stick those in the guitars they send me.
Old 14-12-2008, 08:08 PM
markk
10K+ Poster!!

Received 105 Likes on 97 Posts

i like a good solo, but general fret wanking gets a bit boring after a while, though guitars are not my main instrument .
Old 14-12-2008, 08:14 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

True. I like to just riff out most the time. Nothing better than writing a badass riff. But i have to shred. I follow dimebags view of guitar playing and thats 'If you can't play all six strings then you ain't shit' lol

Trending Topics

Old 14-12-2008, 09:17 PM
Ellie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Thats ace!!!!! luv it!
Old 14-12-2008, 09:33 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Originally Posted by Ellie_Cabrio
Thats ace!!!!! luv it!
YEY! Cheers dude. More to come. Any Requests? lol
Old 14-12-2008, 09:43 PM
roro22
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by stillbornhq
'If you can't play all six strings then you ain't shit'

Old 14-12-2008, 09:49 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Originally Posted by roro22
hehehehehe oh its true. ITS DAMN TRUE!!!
Old 14-12-2008, 09:50 PM
martinvrs

Master of puppets.

Love watching that getting played!

Old 14-12-2008, 09:57 PM
roro22
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Battery

How did you get an endorsement?
Old 14-12-2008, 10:00 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Originally Posted by martinvrs
Master of puppets.

Love watching that getting played!

i'll do the S&M version as thats my favourite.
Old 14-12-2008, 10:03 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Originally Posted by roro22
Battery

How did you get an endorsement?
S&M BATTERY hehehehe

Got the endorsement through gigging and guitar clinics. Its nothing major. Good thing is that i get guitars a manufacture cost. They won't make a penny and i won't be getting ripped off. But they are building me 2 guitars at no charge.

I was with Ibanez for a few years but the neck are just too thin for my liking. I was playing the Mick Thomson MTM-1. Great guitar and might go back to them if the ESP don't live up to my expectations.
Old 14-12-2008, 10:04 PM
slydawg65
Part of the Furniture

what about Joe Satriani - Summer Song???
Old 14-12-2008, 10:09 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Originally Posted by slydawg65
what about Joe Satriani - Summer Song???
Tough but Can do lol

I met him in Starbucks in London LMAO Real nice guy.

At first i wasn't sure if it was him. Then i heard him speak and heard the accent. So i walked up to him and said 'Hello Joe'. He was with his drummer and bassist and some other guy. Was talking to him for 15 mins until i had to get back to work lol
Old 14-12-2008, 10:18 PM
martinvrs

A good friend of mine got a deal with mavrick guitars a few years back as he used 1 of there guitars in a video he made with his last band.

Video made it onto MTV2 and then mavrick give him a couple of there guitars as it was the first time that their guitar had been on tv.

Wasnt the greaest guitar in the world but it looked good.

His main guitar at the time was a hammer with the same ESP pickups as kurt hammet uses.

HE has some very nice guitars in his collection now!
Old 14-12-2008, 10:26 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Originally Posted by martinvrs
A good friend of mine got a deal with mavrick guitars a few years back as he used 1 of there guitars in a video he made with his last band.

Video made it onto MTV2 and then mavrick give him a couple of there guitars as it was the first time that their guitar had been on tv.

Wasnt the greaest guitar in the world but it looked good.

His main guitar at the time was a hammer with the same ESP pickups as kurt hammet uses.

HE has some very nice guitars in his collection now!
Sweet. I've always been a ESP/Ibanez player. Have played a few Jacksons but never made me want one. Kirk Hammett uses EMG81s neck and bridge. I prefer the EMG81 in the Bridge and the EMG60 in the neck.

Most people have and will say that the EMG85 is the best for the neck pickup. However if you compare it to a EMG60 you'll notice how good the clean sound is compared to the EMG85. The EMG85 tends to pop a little.

That said though, before my endorsement with Ibanez ended they uprated my Ibanez with the Seymour Duncuns and they sounded a little better than the EMG to my ears. But i haven't gained enough confidence to make the switch just yet.
Old 14-12-2008, 10:30 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

Find a way to record it so that you can actually hear it? Sound on that video was AWFUL....

Nice playing tho.

Anyway, so who are you then? To have an ESP endorsement I mean? Cos having spent many a year working in the music biz, I know ESP don't give away endorsements to just anyone, and along with Pearl (drums) Mesa (amps) and Zildjian (cymbals), ESP are one of the hardest endorsments to get - even harder than Gibson! ESP only give endorsements to top signed artists with a big history and record label backing.

So just wondering who you are?

And how come you are using an LTD instead of a "proper" branded ESP? DOn't get me wrong, nice guitars - I have an LTD myself!

Last edited by Thrush; 14-12-2008 at 10:33 PM.
Old 14-12-2008, 10:35 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Originally Posted by Thrush
Find a way to record it so that you can actually hear it? Sound on that video was AWFUL....

Nice playing tho.

Anyway, so who are you then? To have an ESP endorsement I mean? Cos having spent many a year working in the music biz, I know ESP don't give away endorsements to just anyone, and along with Pearl (drums) Mesa (amps) and Zildjian (cymbals), ESP are one of the hardest endorsments to get - even harder than Gibson! ESP only give endorsements to top signed artists with a big history and record label backing.

I did the ESP Guitar Apprenticeship in Hollywood after high school. 2002 to 2005. I'm just a ordinary guy lol No one special lol They just reintroduced the ESP Apprenticeship To GIT in LA.

Mesa is the toughest. I would love to get that Endorsement but you gotta have a BIG NAME or play in a BIG BAND!!! ARSEHOLES lol
Old 14-12-2008, 10:38 PM
martinvrs

Sweet. I've always been a ESP/Ibanez player. Have played a few Jacksons but never made me want one. Kirk Hammett uses EMG81s neck and bridge. I prefer the EMG81 in the Bridge and the EMG60 in the neck.

Most people have and will say that the EMG85 is the best for the neck pickup. However if you compare it to a EMG60 you'll notice how good the clean sound is compared to the EMG85. The EMG85 tends to pop a little.

That said though, before my endorsement with Ibanez ended they uprated my Ibanez with the Seymour Duncuns and they sounded a little better than the EMG to my ears. But i haven't gained enough confidence to make the switch just yet.

My mistake (I really do have a red face!)

He use's emg's in his hammer.

Will have to pop round to his and see what other guitars he has.

I know that he has a very nice Gibson les paul.

However I do know what you mean about the pickups. The EMG is not as crisp as alot of other pickups.
Old 14-12-2008, 10:38 PM
slydawg65
Part of the Furniture

correct me if im wrong but in that vid are you not playing an LTD?? is that not the cheap asian version of ESP??
Old 14-12-2008, 10:39 PM
martinvrs

i'll do the S&M version as thats my favourite.

Old 14-12-2008, 10:40 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Nice playing tho.

And how come you are using an LTD instead of a "proper" branded ESP? DOn't get me wrong, nice guitars - I have an LTD myself!
Its not a Normal LTD. The body is a ESP M-II and the Neck is a Modified Deluxe LTD from early 1997. Its been put together by Clive Norris from ESP aritist relations to give a idea of what i wanted in my 2 Custom Models. They arrive in janaury. Will post pics when they arrive.
Old 14-12-2008, 10:43 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Originally Posted by slydawg65
correct me if im wrong but in that vid are you not playing an LTD?? is that not the cheap asian version of ESP??
Yep but its a mix of 2 guitars. The neck of that has been modified from a Deluxe. Its been shaved and has a better radius for my hand for the hire frets. Higher frets Dunlop 6100.

Like i said the ESPs arrive in January to my spec wooooooot. You also got to remember that i've only been with ESP for a month and until those guitars arrive my contract is open. This way if i'm not happy with the quality of the guitar aswell as playability then i am free to cancel the contract providing i hand those guitars back.

Last edited by Pardeep; 14-12-2008 at 10:46 PM.
Old 14-12-2008, 10:53 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Never heard of it - and my friend (and ex guitarist of a band I was in for a long time) graduated GIT during that time aswell. He taught there on and off for a bit) I still have friends that work for ESP in both the UK and the states, I'll have to ask one of them next time I talk to them about it.... So was it like, just a course that ESP part funded to gain commercial advertising from or something? And when you say an "edorsement", I take it you mean you're a signed artist with ESP guitars, and do promo work for them? At what discount level: low (10-15%) med (15-50%) or high (50-100%)

But anyway, still curious - who are you? Are you on here? http://www.espguitars.com/artists.html

Who's your band then? Anyone I've heard of?
Old 14-12-2008, 11:02 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Never heard of it - and my friend (and ex guitarist of a band I was in for a long time) graduated GIT during that time aswell. He taught there on and off for a bit) I still have friends that work for ESP in both the UK and the states, I'll have to ask one of them next time I talk to them about it.... So was it like, just a course that ESP part funded to gain commercial advertising from or something? And when you say an "edorsement", I take it you mean you're a signed artist with ESP guitars, and do promo work for them? At what discount level: low (10-15%) med (15-50%) or high (50-100%)

But anyway, still curious - who are you? Are you on here? http://www.espguitars.com/artists.html

Yeah they part funded the course. I'm not signed as a artist. But what they do want me to do is when i do clinics at schools, They've given me this BIG ASS banner to have displayed behind me with flyers and ESP Catalogs. In terms of discount its only 25% only because i did the GIT course with them funding it. I promote the beginners pack at schools so yeah thats pretty much it. Oh and they give me free T-Shirts lol
Old 14-12-2008, 11:04 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Just a London Band 'Shadow Of The Cross'

Starting a new project called 'All Hope Is Gone' I'm doing vocals aswell as guitar.
Old 15-12-2008, 02:43 AM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Working for ESP is one thing but knowing people working for them in the States and UK are people who work for the Distribution for the UK and States. The guy to talk to is Hiro Yukoshi in Japan ESP. They are the ones who take on the Custom work. UK and USA just distribute.
Old 17-12-2008, 06:08 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

You don't know ESP at all do you I never said anything about knowing the distributers - which coincidentally, I do know, but thats not who I was talking about....

Fair enough tho... You're not actually an endorser, more so a promoter. An endorser is an established artist with (on the most part) major label backing, and a recognised artist/character in their own right. They endorse a product, typically exclusively, in order to get the brand name across to the fans that look up to them.

A non established artist isn't going to be able to do that is he... If no-one knows the "artist" then how does that make them credible as an ambassador of the company for the product they play? I use tools for a living, but not being part of a famous race team, I won't become an endorser of Snap On. Why? Because people won't buy Snap On tools just because "that bloke at Autoglass uses them" will they?

I also play drums and guitar. But people won't think "wow, I'm gonna buy Pearl drums or Zildjian cymbals, cos I saw a guy no-one has ever heard of play them on stage the other night"

But people WILL think "I'm gonna buy a Les Paul cos thats what Slash uses". Just the same as you want to play ESP with EMG's in it cos thats what Kirk Hammet uses...
Old 17-12-2008, 06:41 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Your mint on the guitar.I would love to learn how to play the guitar.
Old 17-12-2008, 07:02 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

But people WILL think "I'm gonna buy a Les Paul cos thats what Slash uses". Just the same as you want to play ESP with EMG's in it cos thats what Kirk Hammet uses...
No. I'd stick to Ibanez but ESP have offered me 2 custom build guitars. Thats the only reason i'm going to play a ESP. Kirk Hammett is good but i like to build my own sound and stay away from signature gear.