General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

P2263 error code on Focus

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 10:13 AM
RSTsteve
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy P2263 error code on Focus

A friend of mine had this error code P2263 reported on his Focus but no interpretation of exactly what the fault is. It does relate to Turbo Performance but how exactly and what needs fixing. He get crap fuel economy and poor mileage.

Any help appreciated.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:15 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Don't think the number is correct mate?

Look here

http://bbs.rsownersclub.co.uk/showthread.php?t=150460
Old 12-12-2008, 10:18 AM
ECU Monitor Enthusiast
BANNED
BANNED

P2263 is a manufacturer specific fault code.

This means the code is not publically defined and could mean anything.
You will need to find some official ford litterature to sort that one !

Or... Take it to a dealer...
Old 12-12-2008, 10:28 AM
ECU Monitor Enthusiast
BANNED
BANNED

I found this using google.... , may not be totally relevant as its for trucks so use at your own risk

The code 2263 can be cause by the following,

Restricted exhaust
Mechanically stuck variable turbo
Air filter
EGR valve
Fuel pump

Check the air filter to be sure it is not restricted, even if the filter minder shows that it's OK. Replace the filter if needed.

Monitor the exhaust backpressure reading on the scanner under load and compare to the MAP sensor reading. If the exhaust backpressure is not available on the scanner, back probe the Violet/Light Blue (VT/LB) wire at the sensor. The voltage should read about 1v at atmospheric pressure.
Drive the engine to load it and when the turbo is building 3 PSI of boost, the exhaust backpressure should not be over roughly 25 PSI (it is typical for the exhaust backpressure to increase about 1 PSI for every pound of turbo boost). The voltage at 25 PSI (15 PSI of atmospheric pressure and 10 PSI of backpressure) should be roughly 2.0v.

If the exhaust backpressure is going significantly higher than the MAP sensor reading, check to see if the truck is equipped with a catalytic converter. If so, drop it loose and recheck the reading. If the exhaust backpressure reading drops to normal, address the restricted exhaust.

If the exhaust backpressure reading still goes high, check for a malfunctioning Variable Geometry Turbocharger (VGT). Refer to TSB 06-23-2 for information on repairing the turbo if it is the problem.

If the exhaust backpressure is not going abnormally high, verify the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) valve is closed (should show a voltage around 0.8v when closed) and that it's not opening when not commanded. If it is stuck open or opening when it should not, clean or replace it as needed and recheck operation.

If the EGR valve is working OK, check for fuel pressure looking for 45-60 PSI. If the fuel pressure is low, check for a restriction before the fuel pump. If not a problem, verify there is battery voltage to the fuel pump on the Pink/Black (PK/BK) wire and ground on the Black (BK) wire. If the power and ground are OK, suspect a faulty fuel pump.

Last edited by ECU Monitor Enthusiast; 12-12-2008 at 10:32 AM.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:58 AM
BANNED
BANNED

havent got my autodata book handy but if get stuck i will be able to tell you moro