General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

FAO: Auto Electrictian People !!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 03:44 PM
Lee Ivatt
Shizzle My Nizzle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FAO: Auto Electrictian People !!

Have a starting issue with an old car.

Its supposed to be going to a wedding tommrow afternoon

It has been sitting for about 2 months while the brake servos were being referbished.

Have gone to start the car and the starter is not turning over, if it does it wont engage the gear and just spins up

The car bump starts very easily, the battery is holding 13.3v and the alternator is charging fine at just over 14v.

Heres the weird thing tho, when the engine is running, i can not get a voltage reading from the battery at all, but as soon as the car is turned off the battery reads 13.3v

Also we have lost the ignition lights, which normally come on when you start the car??

I initially suspected the remote starter soloniod, and have just replaced this the last 5 mins, but with no luck.

I have checked all the fuses and bridged each one, one at a time, again with no joy and all fuses are fine.

the car is an Aston Martin DBS, and uses lucas stuff mostly and its positive earth if that helps.

Any ideas would be much appreciated as im totally stumped, all i can think is the starter needs an overhaul, but i dont think thats the case as it dont explaing the lack of ignition and "dead" battery reading?

HELP!!!
Old 06-12-2008, 07:57 AM
Lee Ivatt
Shizzle My Nizzle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone.............

Im really stuck here, maybe a pic would help?