General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Advice Needed - Rally driving Events / days?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 05:28 PM
PeteBrom
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice Needed - Rally driving Events / days?

Hey all, I'm after some advice if possible please...

As its coming upto Christmas, I've the fun task of trying to get the girlfriend a Christmas present.

Now i've already got her the obvious things you'd normally get. However, she's quite mad on cars, and so has told me a few times previously she'd love to do a rally track day event (driving not spectating.) I've therefore thought to myself - great I'll get her tickets so she can do one of these events. A few problems/questions though:

- Whats the best thing to do - have a one off day of learning to rally drive, or a series of them?

- How much do these things cost? My budget is about £150 (anymore & she'll go through the roof on how much i've spent on her if you combine her other presents.)

- Are there any local events to go to? She lives in St. Annes (South of Blackpool) & I live in Manc.

- The big problem - I don't drive yet (shocking to admit on here i know!) Whether as I am currently learning, I don't expect to be up & running till June 09, and theres no way i'm going to make her wait that long to use her present. If I get tickets to this kind of thing, can I go with her as a spectator (as sad as that seems?) I know she won't be comfortable going on her own, and I'm not waiting till June so we can both do it together.

- Has anyone done these events before? If so, any recommendations for NW England?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Pete.

Last edited by PeteBrom; 01-12-2008 at 05:29 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:11 AM
PeteBrom

Anyone??
Old 02-12-2008, 09:14 AM
Bondy1
Part of the Furniture

Shropshire rally school, not sure if there is rallydays at oulton park too both not to far from Blackpool or Manchester.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:32 AM
JonnyBravo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Pete,

Although its a bit of a drive you really should go to Phil Price Rally School, its not the cheapest but you get so much time in a car its unreal, great tuition from Phil and his team.

Search for Phil Price Rally School, its in Wales though
Old 02-12-2008, 04:55 PM
PeteBrom

THanks guys. A friend has sent me this link though:

http://www.treatme.net/experiences/rally-silver

....so will probs go for that. The Wales / Shropshire schools are sometihng I'll probs do with her later next yr lol.