General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Can Anyone Explain Why Your Credit Card Is liable For...

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 07:55 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can Anyone Explain Why Your Credit Card Is liable For...

Hello, I was watching the television and if you have bought a Kitchen from MFI etc, even if you only paid the deposit on the Credit Card, they are liable to pay you back and not the Company? This seems wrong; surely it’s not their fault at all? If I borrowed off someone to buy something and for whatever reason I didn’t receive what I bought, I’d still expect to pay back who I borrowed from? Am I missing the point? Just curious.

Benni.
Old 01-12-2008, 04:27 PM
cozzyspud
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

When you buy something on your credit card you are entering into a contract between yourself,the credit card company and the supplier of the goods.
This is legally known as a Tripartite agreement and it was created to give the consumer stronger rights with dodgy sellers, as a credit card company has much more clout than the man on the street they have the strength to make the supplier pay up and also reimburse them their costs so although initially it might seem like the credit card loses out it actually costs them nothing.
I hope this clears things up for you.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:45 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Thank you very much.

Benni.