General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

police beating iraq war veteran

Search this Thread

Old 30-11-2008, 07:38 PM
Nash_mr2
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dazoriginal
they probably thought they were getting away with this
until cctv captured it all
i think this is why the video was shown on tv internet etc
no human being deserves this
imo scum
speak to your local police force, ask them if you can tag along on the friday or saturday "kicking out time" club patrol.......then repost your above comment.
Old 30-11-2008, 07:38 PM
Bucklow
Banned

i watched the video and didnt see the problem, send the thug back to afghanistan
Old 30-11-2008, 07:42 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nash_mr2
Iraq war veteran LOL

My Bro went to Iraq, Afghanistan, Bosnia he didnt go crying to the cops when he got beaten, he took it like a man. (granted it took 7 of them to get him down LOL)

He's my hero.
Old 30-11-2008, 07:42 PM
dazoriginal
prodigal son

speak to your local police force, ask them if you can tag along on the friday or saturday "kicking out time" club patrol.......then repost your above comment.
the difference is this was not the guy they were looking for
plus getting your head rubbed/smashed into the road by officers is the lowest of the low
even if he was shouting swearing i'ts a normal reaction
sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never harm me
springs to mind
Old 30-11-2008, 07:44 PM
dazoriginal
prodigal son

Originally Posted by Charlie Chalk
He's my hero.
does this also make him special cause he did not cry
Old 30-11-2008, 07:46 PM
dazoriginal
prodigal son

Originally Posted by Charlie Chalk
He's my hero.
mine also
Old 30-11-2008, 07:51 PM
derekd
Regular Contributor

no wonder the rangers fans done what they done in Manchester??? give them tazzers to play with then you will see more guns on the street ?? and a few less coppers on the street good good if they are like these cu:ts
Old 30-11-2008, 08:06 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

EXACTLY - he was probably gobbing off at the coppers and he got what was coming to him.
You can say whatever words you want to a copper and it doesnt give them authority to use excessive violence!!!

The fact a judge threw out the assault charge proves it was reasonable self defence.

Sure the squaddie wasnt an angel but id expect most squaddies in similar circumstances would have defended themselves similarly. The cop who got bitten put a swift knee in which is apporpriate for restraint but getting the special to smack him repeatedly aint.
Old 30-11-2008, 09:58 PM
Nash_mr2

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
You can say whatever words you want to a copper and it doesnt give them authority to use excessive violence!!!
no, you cant swear at a copper - well you can but only so many times 3 or 4 then they nick you and its at the point of arrest they can use whatever force nessacary to restrain you. the harder you fight the harder you make it for yourself and the more force is used.....how do i know?.....i've been there.

..and something tells me the squaddie in the video wasnt using the queens own english towards the coppers - hence the term "swears like a trooper"

Last edited by Nash_mr2; 30-11-2008 at 09:59 PM.
Old 30-11-2008, 10:49 PM
as355f1

IMHO the police did not know he was a army boy, as far as they were concerned they were dealing with a pissed up lout whom was shouting abuse at them,
i agree the face rubbing was out of order but the rest was fine, if someone bit me i would kick the living shit out of them, i worked on the doors long enough to know what its like dealing with pissed up idiots, we are now living in a nanny state, a few years ago you would never have stood shouting abuse at a copper for fear of getting a clip round the head !
rant over

Last edited by as355f1; 01-12-2008 at 12:25 AM.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:10 AM
mk1escoz4x4
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by jimboxr4x4
tell me what each of the three officers has done that should get them sacked. Okay, i agree the special constable should be sacked because he rubbed his face in the tarmac. Now you tell me what the other two did.
seeing as you seem to be a police officer tell me this, isnt there a law in this country appertaining to knowingly concerned (example if i was there or even knew about a crime and i had any involvement whatsoever i could be arrested and prosecuted for it) and isnt assault a crime? Or is it only a crime if a member of the public does it and not if its a police officer, you have by your own admission said that the special constable should be sacked because he rubbed his face in the tarmac (assault causing actual bodily harm) so therefore the officers are guilty of being knowingly concerned at the very least. furthermore i disagree that the officer should just be dismissed, why shouldnt he be prosecuted for assault aswell you make no mention of that in your post, it seems to me that the gentleman face down on the floor was prosecuted for a lot less???????

Last edited by mk1escoz4x4; 01-12-2008 at 12:19 AM.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:27 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimboxr4x4
Tell me what each of the three officers has done that should get them sacked. Okay, I agree the special constable should be sacked because he rubbed his face in the tarmac. Now you tell me what the other two did.
Well for a start the other 2 didnt arrest the special for assault when he rubbed the guys face on the round, if they arent capable of seeing an assault like that right in front of their eyes then they arent fit to be police officers and should be sacked.
The judge also decided they were dishonest in court.

Or do you think police officers who watch and then lie about an assualt deserve their job?
Id imagine to you that sounds fine as like most police officers you will feel its one rule for the public and another for you lot.

No wonder almost no one respects the police anymore IMHO

Last edited by Chip; 01-12-2008 at 12:30 AM.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:38 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

no, you cant swear at a copper - well you can but only so many times 3 or 4 then they nick you and its at the point of arrest they can use whatever force nessacary to restrain you. the harder you fight the harder you make it for yourself and the more force is used.....how do i know?.....i've been there.
No you are wrong, they are required to use "reasonable force". There is a big difference, otherwise they just knock every drunk out with a good face punch so they can easily arrest them!!!

Words do not justify excessive force by the police. The police are supposed to be an example of restraint despite verbal abuse etc. Arresting him for public order fair enough but that depends what he said doesnt it. Being verbally confrontational isnt itself an offence. calling a copper a pig bastard cunt is
Old 01-12-2008, 12:41 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by Chip
Well for a start the other 2 didnt arrest the special for assault when he rubbed the guys face on the round, if they arent capable of seeing an assault like that right in front of their eyes then they arent fit to be police officers and should be sacked.
The judge also decided they were dishonest in court.

Or do you think police officers who watch and then lie about an assualt deserve their job?
Id imagine to you that sounds fine as like most police officers you will feel its one rule for the public and another for you lot.

No wonder almost no one respects the police anymore IMHO
I completely agree with Chip. Scum.

Benni.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:05 AM
Rick Astley
Never gonna give you up!

I can see what happened in front of my eyes, in fact is is easier to take in if you watch the video without sound.

You can see the actions for yourself rather than being made to feel a certain way about those events.

Who gives a fuck that the person involved went to Iraq, who gives a toss who he is, the issue here is the police should be professional at all times, clearly failures have happened but it sickens me that the media and people play on the fact he has been in iraq. Notice how I am avoiding saying he has gone to war...

Let me ask you this, would there be this much fuss if the person was say your average joe?
Old 01-12-2008, 01:55 AM
snedboy
BANNED
BANNED

Usual police wankers at their best tbh

My cousin is now a police officer and i no longer talk to him as i cant trust him anymore.They are all in a world of theyre own imo and need taken down a peg or two most of the time

When i was 16yrs old doing the usual 16 yr old biy shit we had police come by and give us all grief for being noisy,fair enough BUT they then started to get VERY lippy with us telling us to move on etc or we would be arrested.1 of my m8's decided to speak up and say it was a free world and he could stand where he wanted,the 2 officers then decided to arrest him so they cuffed him and strted to walk him to the van,on the way they started to punch and kick him as he was arguing against him being nicked then once in van we could all hear the cries as they beat the shit outta him with the truncheons etc for 10mins while we wer kicking the van etc trying to get them to stop.Eventually after the 10mins he came out the van uncuffed and badly beaten,covered in blood and bruises and police then told us to fuck off or we were all next

2 months later both officers were fired and fined with GBH

I hate police with a vengeance after that and NEVER rely on them for anything,i sort my problems out as by the time the cunts turn up for anything its all finished and they can do nothing

Just my tuppence worth
Old 01-12-2008, 02:09 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

The only people who back the Police up and find good reason for the things they do wrong are those in the force, and those who know someone in the force. I know of a few people who lick their arse because of this, regardless.

Benni.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:37 AM
Hockney
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by snedboy
My cousin is now a police officer and i no longer talk to him as i cant trust him anymore.
Some fucking family you are I got 2 good mates who are cops and dont treat them any differently than my other mates.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:22 AM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

"Police State Britian"

Is a headline I've seen in more than one paper over the last few days.

Seems we are heading in a similar direction to Germany in the 30's, jut no one can see it. Or won't until it's too late.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:44 AM
JoeE30
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Totally agree with Graham, it is coming, they are erroding all our freedoms and soon it will be too late to have our right to speak out...
Old 01-12-2008, 11:47 AM
sbd16v
PassionFord Post Troll

i cannot beilive ppl are blind to the excessive force in that video.

some of it is well warented however

the banging of the head into the ground 2 was to much AND COULD HAVE KILLED HIM.

the face rubbing was just appaling

and if you watch right to the end the fat cunt that does the 2 above punches him half a dozen times AFTER the cuffs are on.

i think ppl are missing the point here he deseverd to be arrested and that took some force but some of that was quite clearly more than needed.

yes he bite someone BUT BUT that does not give the copper the right to then start punching him, that is not inside resonable force.

any of the lads in the armed forces will tell you what resonable force is because we have it continually drilled into us.

its the minium force to STOP, not to take revenge.

for instance

if im doing guard duty and someone points a gun at my mate, im allowed to point a gun at him if they then shoot my mate drop the gun and turn around

WE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SHOOT

this is the point most ppl are missing the excessive force was becuase it was retaliations for something that had happened.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:25 PM
Nash_mr2

when being restrained by the police they are allowed to use certain moves on you to bring you under control. for instance, in the vid, the lad wont give them his arms so they punch his back and arm so that he then complies. they are also allowed to Knee you in the thigh to give you a dead leg if you keep kicking or they need to restrain your legs.

ok the head rubbing was about the only None-legal move they did on him

the head pushing into the ground was acceptable.

if people are moaning about the face rubbing on the ground then OMG, watch "street crime UK" on bravo and you'll see that half the cocks caught on there deserve more than police brutality.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:37 PM
sbd16v
PassionFord Post Troll

for instance, in the vid, the lad wont give them his arms so they punch his back and arm so that he then complies.

the head pushing into the ground was acceptable.

you seam to be missing the point, they were punching him AFTER he was restrained

and puching his head into the ground and banging his head into the ground are 2 totally different things
Old 01-12-2008, 05:42 PM
as355f1

Originally Posted by sbd16v
you seam to be missing the point, they were punching him AFTER he was restrained

and puching his head into the ground and banging his head into the ground are 2 totally different things
i don't think they are punching him when the cuffs were on it was before if you look closer,
i still can't see the problem, he was a pissed up lout shouting abuse in the middle of the road, i assume he had several warnings and he continued giving abuse, then when they went to arrest him he ran off and resisted arrest, he was not hospitalised no long term damage.the guy needed restraining fast as he could possibly have been off his head on coke and if they were to let him up he may have kicked the shit out the 3 of them, again IMHO that all looked fine to me, if he had not resisted and bit the copper none of this would have happened !
Old 01-12-2008, 05:52 PM
COLEYST200
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 144 Likes on 133 Posts

over the top they Should all lose there jobs
Old 01-12-2008, 09:20 PM
Jimboxr4x4
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I would love to see some of those slating the old bill face a drunk lout themselves. The fact is most (although not all) would bottle it and call the police to deal. Those that did have the guts to try and restrain them would find it a lot harder than they imagine. It is very easy to pipe up with an opinion when you've never been there yourself. I think the opinions of those that have been in that situation (especially doormen etc) should count for a lot.

Also, if the old bill are so rubbish and you're so much better why don't you put your money where your mouth is and join up if you can do better? Let me guess you don't want to on principal and you'd rather leave it someone else. How convenient.
Old 01-12-2008, 10:25 PM
cheeky dog
BANNED
BANNED

DONT GIVE A SHIT IF YOUR A COPPER but i fucking absolutely hate filthy pig fucking CUNTstables!

never had a problem with em too much when growing up but for the past 2 years never had a good experience with them! just had one ask me why im waiting in a petrol station and he slammed my door shut cos i didnt answer him for the 2 mins he was asking me silly questions! they always slam my door shut!

got beaten up by them last month after they slammed my door shut and i said "dont slam the door" he then jumped in and kept hitting me with his handcuffs on the back of my head, all over my arms then two of them pulled me out and roughed me up, i ended up with injuries and im currently going through a case to get them fucked. had about 3 independant witnesses! happened in kingston surrey.

i dont take things out on a persons property but i i ever find out a car belongs to a pig im fucking it... simple!

bring on the abuse and tell me how i couldn't do what they do!

Last edited by cheeky dog; 01-12-2008 at 11:34 PM.
Old 01-12-2008, 10:31 PM
cheeky dog
BANNED
BANNED

fucking hell i just saw the video now!!!! :shock:

those cowards! fucking disgusting! those pigs love an unfair fight! always 3 up on 1 man!
Old 01-12-2008, 10:36 PM
cheeky dog
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Benni
The only people who back the Police up and find good reason for the things they do wrong are those in the force, and those who know someone in the force. I know of a few people who lick their arse because of this, regardless.

Benni.

agreed!

clearly no need to beat the shit out of a drunk man running away from them!
Old 01-12-2008, 10:51 PM
cheeky dog
BANNED
BANNED

..and something tells me the squaddie in the video wasnt using the queens own english towards the coppers - hence the term "swears like a trooper"
you talk about the filth like they're whiter than white!

"the harder you fight the harder you make it for yourself" those fat pricks, put your handcuffs away and see what happens!

when they got me, i wasn't even drunk, fighting back or being abusive... but obviously after a while of man handling your gonna snap!

Last edited by cheeky dog; 01-12-2008 at 11:35 PM.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:01 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Before i start i must say, yes this is seen as unacceptable in todays society, BUT, maybe thats half the reason why the UK seems to be getting worse, especially when talking about yobs/drunks and the related crimes that brings. Ok the 'face rubbing' is a bit below the belt, but the rest looks fine to me.

For anyone saying he got a beating, come off it!!! Thats not a beating at all is it. Yes he got ruffed up a bit, but its a million miles away from a 'beating'.

He was causing some sort of fuss and obviously having some sort of go at the police. Maybe if the police 'ruffed' people up when kicking off, they might think twice about doing it again?

As a contrast, has anyone seen costa del street crime on bravo? The spanish police can give them a little slap if they need to, and more often than not, as soon as they do, it defuses the situation becasue they know the police mean business and will give them another one if they carry on.

Ok this is not exactly whats happened here, but you get the idea. And it works well over there which is maybe one of the reasons they dont have as many problems as us.

I do think that this incident has been blown up out of proportion in my opinion, and if this had happened 10 or so years ago, i really dont think people would have seen a big deal with it.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:03 PM
cheeky dog
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by S1rst
Before i start i must say, yes this is seen as unacceptable in todays society, BUT, maybe thats half the reason why the UK seems to be getting worse, especially when talking about yobs/drunks and the related crimes that brings. Ok the 'face rubbing' is a bit below the belt, but the rest looks fine to me.

For anyone saying he got a beating, come off it!!! Thats not a beating at all is it. Yes he got ruffed up a bit, but its a million miles away from a 'beating'.

He was causing some sort of fuss and obviously having some sort of go at the police. Maybe if the police 'ruffed' people up when kicking off, they might think twice about doing it again?

As a contrast, has anyone seen costa del street crime on bravo? The spanish police can give them a little slap if they need to, and more often than not, as soon as they do, it defuses the situation becasue they know the police mean business and will give them another one if they carry on.

Ok this is not exactly whats happened here, but you get the idea. And it works well over there which is maybe one of the reasons they dont have as many problems as us.

I do think that this incident has been blown up out of proportion in my opinion, and if this had happened 10 or so years ago, i really dont think people would have seen a big deal with it.

yeah cant wait for that day to come!

you'd get gangs waiting to kick the fuck out of cops. id be first in line with the lads
Old 01-12-2008, 11:05 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Cheeky dog, i dont suppose you were being 'cheeky' with them to get the reaction you got by any chance? Sorry, couldnt resist it.

On a serious note though, the police have an attitude test, and if you fail that, then yes you will get a similar attitude in return, and rightly so in my opinion. Not saying you were being arsey with them of course, but ive never had a problem if your ok with them. Its sounds like you may have come accross a bad apple maybe? Every job has them so you cant brand them all the same due to maybe 5% that are arses, like in any job.

Ive got away with a fair few minor traffic offences by being 'decent' with them. Ok it may be luck, but a good attitude goes a long way.

Last edited by S1rst; 01-12-2008 at 11:13 PM.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:08 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by cheeky dog

you'd get gangs waiting to kick the fuck out of cops. id be first in line with the lads
Well they get a slap round the head or a whack on the knee over there like i said and they dont have a problem with it over there. Seems to work much better over there than it does over here anyway.

By the way, im not talking full on beatings here.

Its only the people who desreve it, so if you keep your nose clean like 99% of people, then there wouldnt be problem.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:10 PM
derekd
Regular Contributor

the truth is coppers are the little lads from school that pissed on,kicked about shat on just about all u can imagine they grow up hurting from the shitt kickings they have taken in there life and decide to be policemen to get there own back?? go around thinking there the dogs balls and giving a little back !! truth is see them on a civil night out there shitting themselves take something up with them they go right back to school boy mode and take a good smak about like they deserve ?? truth is little po*fs dressed in suits??? just my bit from experince ???
Old 01-12-2008, 11:14 PM
cheeky dog
BANNED
BANNED

Cheeky dog, i dont suppose you were being 'cheeky' with them to get the reaction you got by any chance? Sorry, couldnt resist it.

On a serious note though, the police have an attitude test, and if you fail that, then yes you will get a similar attitude in return, and rightly so in my opinion.

Ive got away with a fair few minor traffic offences by being 'decent' with them. Ok it may be luck, but a good attitude goes a long way.
lol

seriously mate if i was being a prick when these things happened i would never ever say the pigs are fuckers blah blah. im a fair person! they are wind up merchants and keep poking till you snap, then they use this as an excuse! but in my case they didn't get much of a reation out of me apart from "dont slam my door" next thing whak my door open and start hitting me!

traffic pigs never seem aggresive, just strict and bastards!

if your stopping people and asking dumb questions your gonna get people not wanting to co operate, if they're not doing much wrong then the filth should not rise to it! they're just a bunch of bully boys! you should se their faces when they come down our estate... the look on their faces when their numbers a dwarft by ours as people come out of the wood works... they quickly reverse and get the fuck out! my estate is pritty rough and they know it!
Old 01-12-2008, 11:16 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Well they dont over there, so why do you think the Uk would be any different? It seems to work much better over there than it does over here.

Were not talking things like in the video, so maybe going slightly off topic here, but its usually a swift one to let them know they mean business BEFORE it escalates into a mess, unlike over here where they have less power so it usally ends up in the police not being able to do much UNTIL it escalates.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:17 PM
cheeky dog
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by derekd
the truth is coppers are the little lads from school that pissed on,kicked about shat on just about all u can imagine they grow up hurting from the shitt kickings they have taken in there life and decide to be policemen to get there own back?? go around thinking there the dogs balls and giving a little back !! truth is see them on a civil night out there shitting themselves take something up with them they go right back to school boy mode and take a good smak about like they deserve ?? truth is little po*fs dressed in suits??? just my bit from experince ???
deffo true!

have you seen the ones with the dogs? they think they're king kong
Old 01-12-2008, 11:19 PM
cheeky dog
BANNED
BANNED

Well they dont over there, so why do you think the Uk would be any different? It seems to work much better over there than it does over here.

Were not talking things like in the video, so maybe going slightly off topic here, but its usually a swift one to let them know they mean business BEFORE it escalates into a mess, unlike over here where they have less power so it usally ends up in the police not being able to do much UNTIL it escalates.

hmm but also remember spains barbaric ways of tourturing bulls and animals!

also not too sure about this but im sure uk has more gun and knife crime, how long till they turn those on the filth after being slapped infront of their pals, gilrfriend?
Old 01-12-2008, 11:25 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

hmm but also remember spains barbaric ways of tourturing bulls and animals!

also not too sure about this but im sure uk has more gun and knife crime, how long till they turn those on the filth after being slapped infront of their pals, gilrfriend?
To be honest its probably too late to give them powers like the spanish police now anyway, and im sure it will NEVER happen. Two different cultures and two different ways of dealing with things. Theres being the better in my opinion, which is probably backed up by the differences in crime stats and druken dis orderly charges no doubt.

In fact, most of the problems they have on that programme are involving brits so maybe that says alot.

Quick Reply: police beating iraq war veteran