General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

What annoys you at work??

Search this Thread

Old 24-11-2008, 06:37 PM
righthooker
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

having to go ,,,,
Old 24-11-2008, 06:41 PM
Munch
Mr. Sparkle!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where do i start LOL

one of the biggest ones is......right, I am a Shopfitter (build all the shevles up from a kit in major Supermarkets) & when the store is still trading, i get people come up to me & ask me where such & such is......really gets on my tits, specially when i have ''SJH Install'' on my back of my high vis & building up a unit with like a drill in my hand.......Do i fucking look like I work here....really goes gets on my tits sometimes lol

I find it the more i work up north....the dumber they are
Old 24-11-2008, 06:49 PM
Munch
Mr. Sparkle!

& ive been doing alot of Sainsbury's refit's lately where the store has closed for us Contracters & we have to all wear Hard hats & Orange ''Sainsburys Making Sites safer today'' High Vis's. Sainsbury's has Signs all outside the store saying its closed etc & you still get the public trying to walk into the store...... I mean are they blind or something, They can clearly see a 100 Contracters working in the shop all wearing our P.P.E, Fork lift's, Our kit etc all outside the store too

Somepeople must be really fucking dumb or just blind lol
Old 24-11-2008, 06:50 PM
nickywarwick
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what i mind is moving from a dealership to a haulage company im a HGV techinican btw, & the boss bein in & out the work shop wanting everything doing there & then & wanting to know the far end of a fart feel like saying FUCK OFF YOU USELESS CUNT & READ THE POXY JOB CARD WRITE UP.

also i can drive & revers hgv's with 70 odd ft low loaders with rear steer, yet now the biggest thing we have is 50ft step frame. I HATE IT WHEN THE APPRENTICE RUNS OUT & TRIES TO GUIDE ME THROUGH 2 GATE POSTS IN THE YARD. IVE DONE IT PLENTY & NEVER BUMPED A THING. HE DOESNT EVEN SHOUT HE JUST STANDS IN MY BLIND SPOT, THICK TWAT.

rant over haha
Old 24-11-2008, 06:53 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

Ooh ooh, Sideways just made me think of two, although they aren't really things that piss me off as such, more so I find amusing...

1) So many times I'll be working on a car at the side of the road, replacing a windscreen or fitting a new door glass, and I'm standing there in my AUTOGLASS uniform - that consits of a fleece/jumper/tshirt branded with AUTOGLASS, fooking trousers with AUTOGLASS branded on my arse cheeck, and often a hat - yep, you guess it : branded with AUTOGLASS, working out of a van parked next to the car thats covered with AUTOGLASS on every panel - and some twat will come up and say "oh, did they break your window?"

So I like to look at them, turn to look at the van in horror and exclaim "I fucking hope not, it's parked right there!!!!!"

And last week I was doing a windscreen for an MOT at a local garage. I'm in the car park putting the glue on the car and I reach over to seal the joins. I do this by lightly licking my finger tips, and massaging the glue to make sure the join is sealed. Twat who works there is watching me and shouts out "so, does it taste good then, that glue?" and sniggers to the office girl next to him thinking he's being funny.

So I replied "no, I've never tasted it."

he says "but I just saw you lick your fingers and touch the glue"

So I say back "Yes thats right. Now repeat that back to yourself"

He looks puzzled

I continue "I did indeed licked my fingers, and THEN I touched the glue. So how on earth would I have tasted it considering I touch the glue AFTER I licked my fingers, and not before"

He looked puzzled. Still.

Twat

Old 24-11-2008, 07:03 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

you know what's really annoyed me at work today?

peole who don't have a fucking clue

i send this guy out with detailed instructions on where to go, how to do the route, which order to do them in, which one to call me about beccause it's going to be difficult to find, etc, etc

an experienced driver would do it in about 4 hours

11 hours later he's STILL OUT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and he's still got 8 to do

and he left watford to get back here 50 minutes ago and he's still fucking baout on the north circular up by brent cross when he should have been here near gillette corner 20 minutes ago

i suppose it's my fault for emplying the twat in the first place, but come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's a fucking straight bit of road, why are you heading back towards edgware

and captain slow who has written off his 3rd van this year

twat!
Old 24-11-2008, 07:35 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

Dojj, the Nth Circ is FUCKED this evening And I mean severely fucked....
Old 24-11-2008, 07:51 PM
7xrskb
PassionFord Regular

Q - What annoys you at work??

The nobheads I have to work with.
Old 24-11-2008, 07:54 PM
RWD Pete
Banned
BANNED

Originally Posted by clarke5700
well for me its when the customer drives there car into the work shop parks up and walks out then when i go running after them they say "yea but the car is booked in for an mot!!!!"

and i all way say if you has an appointment with the doctor would you walk strate into the surgery or would you go to reception first??????

to witch they get the hump lol

what gets you lot then??

99% of the time its women too!!
Old 24-11-2008, 08:19 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Oh, another thing that annoys me is my boss

He's a good guy, decent enough and easy going etc.. but he's so fucking un-organised and messy and it does my nut chasing after him/tidying his shit up.

Last week, we were quiet so had a big tidy up in the office, moved some shit around, sorted out a filing cabinet, cleared some shelves that had got full of out of date supplier info etc...

Sitting in the office today and its nearly back to being a shithole because he brings out some brochures to look at and decided just to dump them on the nice new clear shelves

Other than that, he's sound, knows when to say well done, lets us know we are valued members of staff etc...
Old 25-11-2008, 09:12 AM
dojj

Originally Posted by Thrush
Dojj, the Nth Circ is FUCKED this evening And I mean severely fucked....
ok then mate

here is captain slows 3rd dead van

Old 25-11-2008, 10:36 AM
Lee Ivatt
Shizzle My Nizzle

Originally Posted by dojj
you know what's really annoyed me at work today?

peole who don't have a fucking clue

i send this guy out with detailed instructions on where to go, how to do the route, which order to do them in, which one to call me about beccause it's going to be difficult to find, etc, etc

an experienced driver would do it in about 4 hours

11 hours later he's STILL OUT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and he's still got 8 to do

and he left watford to get back here 50 minutes ago and he's still fucking baout on the north circular up by brent cross when he should have been here near gillette corner 20 minutes ago

i suppose it's my fault for emplying the twat in the first place, but come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's a fucking straight bit of road, why are you heading back towards edgware

and captain slow who has written off his 3rd van this year

twat!
They should have made a sister thread for you......

"what doesn't annoy you?"

Old 25-11-2008, 11:00 AM
dojj

Originally Posted by Lee Ivatt
They should have made a sister thread for you......

"what doesn't annoy you?"

nothing annoys me more than people being incompetent, you can be thick as 2 short planks, but if you try your best then i won't complain

but if you have a list of things to do, and an order how to do them, and you still get lost and go up and down the M1 8 times in one day when yo uonly need to go up once and then down the A1 on the way home, i'm sorry, but that just gets right on my tits

i would have had to come abck to work for captain slow for sure, but otehrwise i would have been home for 4, rather than been stuck at work giving him directions until 9
Old 25-11-2008, 11:08 AM
Lee Ivatt
Shizzle My Nizzle

nothing annoys me more than people being incompetent, you can be thick as 2 short planks, but if you try your best then i won't complain

but if you have a list of things to do, and an order how to do them, and you still get lost and go up and down the M1 8 times in one day when yo uonly need to go up once and then down the A1 on the way home, i'm sorry, but that just gets right on my tits

i would have had to come abck to work for captain slow for sure, but otehrwise i would have been home for 4, rather than been stuck at work giving him directions until 9
you do know stress is a killer!?
Old 25-11-2008, 11:45 AM
dojj

do i look stressed
Old 25-11-2008, 12:01 PM
kitchy
RS2000 4x4

only two things at work annoy me... colleagues and customers! some of the managers there really get on my nerves such as when i was having some banter with my mate and i got told by the operations manager that i dont have a proper job!
Old 25-11-2008, 12:16 PM
Lee Ivatt
Shizzle My Nizzle

do i look stressed
dojj every post i see you type theres at least one thing your stressing about

seriously....chill out...lifes to short to worry.

and the blokes are that much of a liability then dont pay them or tell them to sling their hook.
Old 25-11-2008, 12:23 PM
dojj

he got his marching orders this morning
the boss of his agency was in so he got told
i've had the day off because i need to take my days off or else i lose them
on the plus side, he earned me about £70 staying out late so i't snot all bad

as for being stressed, if something bugs me, i get it out of my system asap, it's not worth dwelling on shit that's happened