General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

what the fooks happened at spurs....?

Search this Thread

Old 13-11-2008, 10:43 AM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian
The so called little cups are never inportant to the big clubs because there always get knocked out but i am sure if they did win it they wouldnt shut up about it

Oh and Liverpool wont win fuck all this year like last year FACT!

Brian
If you enter a competition with the intention of winning it then of course you'd be chuffed you'd won it, but the Carling Cup is not the same as the other competitions...if any of the Big 4 took it seriously they'd get to the final year in year out, i'm sure of that.

I love the way Spurs win 1 trophy and suddenly they're awesome!

If we don't win a trophy then that's fine, but the ones we compete for are much much tougher than the Carling Cup!

I can't even believe i'm replying to a Spurs fan about winning trophies!! strange world!
Old 13-11-2008, 11:10 AM
DanRSturbo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I meant you didn't retain the Champions League trophy. That will be Fergie's biggest priority when it get's to the knockout stages. The Pool's best chance now of some silverware is the F.A Cup. You don't have the squad to maintain a Premier League push. If i were in Rafa's shoes it would simply be heads = prem, tails = champions league and go from there.

I don't think we're awesome simply because we walked out at Wembley, we're awesome because we beat Chelsea in a final.
Old 13-11-2008, 11:16 AM
Munch
Mr. Sparkle!

Loved it, shoulda of been 4-0 tho!

Yid Army.
Old 13-11-2008, 11:23 AM
saffsta
Advanced PassionFord User

If the so called small cups (ie carling cup) arent worthy of winning then why did Chelsea make it to the final last year, or Arsenal the semi finals. And the year before that didnt both Chelsea and Arsenal make it to the final. Thats 2 out of the top 4 elite that dont think the carling cup is a minor trophy. Silverware is silverware and they want to win as many trophies as possible, which is what any club should want to do.
Old 13-11-2008, 11:25 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by bud-weis
finishing 3rd or 4th is summat spurs can only ever dream about!
Were you not watching football in 2005/6 when we finished 2 points behind 4th place, or when we got 5th in 2006/7?

One thing we wont be doing is diving in the area in the 94th minute to win a pen and cheat our way to a point!
Old 13-11-2008, 11:27 AM
DanCossie
Post Whore

Well Done Spurs. A Pleasure to watch at the moment
Old 13-11-2008, 11:44 AM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

Originally Posted by RichardPON
Were you not watching football in 2005/6 when we finished 2 points behind 4th place, or when we got 5th in 2006/7?

One thing we wont be doing is diving in the area in the 94th minute to win a pen and cheat our way to a point!
I'm sorry, they should have given you the place then as you were so close!!

Worst reply ever!
Old 13-11-2008, 11:47 AM
mark
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i was happy for spurs to win
bit of luck we will get ya again only you wont get 5 past us this time
Old 13-11-2008, 11:56 AM
DanRSturbo
10K+ Poster!!

That's right Mark, it'll be 6 or 7 we put past you

" we spanked the scum 5-1, we spanked the scum 5-1"
Old 13-11-2008, 11:56 AM
Mike C
The Special One

Old 13-11-2008, 12:02 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Worst reply ever!
Not at all.

If you come that close, and as you'll remember (or more likely not), there was the small matter of the lasagnagate incident potentially costing us 4th place that season.

Therefore, if someone comes that close to something, why would they be "dreaming" about it - you insinuating that it is unattainable, when clearly three more points would have given us that place. That is not "dreaming" - that is looking to play slightly better.

No doubt Liverpool are a far superior side to the likes of Spurs, and no way are we even top 8 material, but if I was a Liverpool fan, playing the way you play, with no flair, dynamism, attacking options etc, I'd be hugely disappointed. You have Gerrard and Torres and that is it, and even though I think Gerrard is an astounding player, after his shameful, disgraceful display against Athletico, he's gone down in my estimations hugely.

Anyway, what am I saying - we're dealing with a bunch of "fans" here who don't go to games, and sit at home on PassionFord replying to each other whilst the game is on TV! Liverpool till you die eh?!
Old 13-11-2008, 12:03 PM
Hardeep_Singh
PassionFord Post Troll

lol at all the spurs fans thinking your the greatest club in the world all of a sudden, you guys have had afew lucky wins and a carling cup win against a liverpool reserve side that included afew liverpool 1st team subs, i wouldn't get too excitted and cocky just yet, you lot live in a funny world i suppose after the 2 shitty seasons you lot have had this run of lucky wins is the only thing you lot can cheer about

richpon he said 3rd/ 4th your reaching so hard man with the with we did finish top 5 comment, so sad lol

fact is the carling cup is the only thing you guys have a chance at as the better teams will field a lesser quality side in the competition, but when you win your just soo happy you dont look at the facts lol

i bet you guys wont win the uefa cup! by the talk your all giving you setting yourselfs up for the biggest pisstake from all fans your giving it too at the moment.
Old 13-11-2008, 12:05 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by Hardeep_Singh
lol at all the spurs fans thinking your the greatest club in the world all of a sudden, you guys have had afew lucky wins and a carling cup win against a liverpool reserve side that included afew liverpool 1st team subs, i wouldn't get too excitted and cocky just yet, you lot live in a funny world i suppose after the 2 shitty seasons you lot have had this run of lucky wins is the only thing you lot can cheer about

richpon he said 3rd/ 4th your reaching so hard man with the with we did finish top 5 comment, so sad lol

fact is the carling cup is the only thing you guys have a chance at as the better teams will field a lesser quality side in the competition, but when you win your just soo happy you dont look at the facts lol

i bet you guys wont win the uefa cup! by the talk your all giving you setting yourselfs up for the biggest pisstake from all fans your giving it too at the moment.
Absolutely correct.

We have about as much chance of winning anything apart from the Carling Cup as Liverpool do of winning the Premier League!
Old 13-11-2008, 12:10 PM
mark
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DanRSturbo
That's right Mark, it'll be 6 or 7 we put past you

" we spanked the scum 5-1, we spanked the scum 5-1"
you might be right all our keepers are having a bad time of it at the moment
tho fabianski made 2 good saves the other night
also we are the only club you havent beat since harry took over
Old 13-11-2008, 12:15 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

Not at all.

If you come that close, and as you'll remember (or more likely not), there was the small matter of the lasagnagate incident potentially costing us 4th place that season.

Therefore, if someone comes that close to something, why would they be "dreaming" about it - you insinuating that it is unattainable, when clearly three more points would have given us that place. That is not "dreaming" - that is looking to play slightly better.

No doubt Liverpool are a far superior side to the likes of Spurs, and no way are we even top 8 material, but if I was a Liverpool fan, playing the way you play, with no flair, dynamism, attacking options etc, I'd be hugely disappointed. You have Gerrard and Torres and that is it, and even though I think Gerrard is an astounding player, after his shameful, disgraceful display against Athletico, he's gone down in my estimations hugely.

Anyway, what am I saying - we're dealing with a bunch of "fans" here who don't go to games, and sit at home on PassionFord replying to each other whilst the game is on TV! Liverpool till you die eh?!
We may not have the players to entertain like United and Chelsea can, but there budget is far greater! we've played some brilliant stuff this season, as well as some very effective football away to Chelsea for example.

And we are far more than just Gerrard and Torres too! We have the best keeper in the league, two of the top defenders in Carra and Skrtel and too brilliant central midfielders in Alonso and Mascherano.

As for going to games, i go when i can...it's a big outlay for me personally that unfortunately comes second to paying my mortgage and other bills, tickets are not easy to come by either, i didn't realise i was talking to a season ticket holder.
The Gerrard 'dive' was right in front of me actually and at the time, whilst i didn't think it was a pen, it didn't look half as dramatic as the replays and still shots suggest! At full pace it looked like a coming together and no more.

regarding coming close...it counts for nothing at all! pathetic argument!

To be completely honest it'd be pointless anybody besides the top four qualifying for the CL, as NONE would get out of the group stage.
Old 13-11-2008, 12:29 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

as well as some very effective football away to Chelsea for example.
No doubt about that - great performance.

regarding coming close...it counts for nothing - pathetic argument!
So what's your excuse for "coming close" to winning the league? Just not good enough?
Old 13-11-2008, 12:41 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

No doubt about that - great performance.

So what's your excuse for "coming close" to winning the league? Just not good enough?
We haven't 'come close' for years, even when we finished second we were still some way behind...so there hasn't been any excuses!

We haven't been good enough, it's as simple as that. There are lots of reasons why..but no excuses.

I'm not quite sure why you keep throwing these daft replies in my direction either? i'm not some knob who's gonna argue black is white just for the sake of it! but if you talk shite then i'm gonna have a say!
Old 13-11-2008, 12:46 PM
Hardeep_Singh
PassionFord Post Troll

Worst reply ever!
sorry i missed that pmsl
Old 13-11-2008, 03:58 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

And we are far more than just Gerrard and Torres too! We have the best keeper in the league, two of the top defenders in Carra and Skrtel and too brilliant central midfielders in Alonso and Mascherano.

We all love our own players and sometimes wear the goggles but no way is Reina the best in PL. Everyone knows he's dodgy at crosses and positioning, in fact I'd say he's just about shot stopping and pens. Cech for me (even after the Euro) is the best, his kicking is Ben Foster like, good shot stopper and will catch almost anything anywhere near him. His only weakness compared to others like VDS, Reina, James is pens but then VDS can't deal with crosses at the minute.

Gerrard and Torres are top players though and Carragher would die on the pitch for Liverpool. As for Spurs, Bud-weis is right the Carling league cup is 4th choice for top teams but for me Spurs still have the right to dance about it not only for winning it but because they beat a very strong Chelsea team in the final when no one expected them to. Theres no way Terry and co weren't geared up for that being a London derby!

I hope we in the cup this year but not at the expense of the PL but it's a trophy and still good to win.
Old 13-11-2008, 04:08 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

I don't think Reina gets the credit he deserves.

He has won the Golden Glove 3 years on the bounce from memory, and i doubt people would say our defence is as strong as Chelsea or United, so he must be doing something right!
Old 13-11-2008, 04:13 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

He's good, right up there no doubt but not the best for me. Your defence may not be individually as good as United or Chelsea but the way your team plays is, you're strong and hard to break down/beat plus you have mad Masch who basically just protects the defence and keeper. Mikel isn't Makele and our DCM is the long lost cousin of Louis Saha.
Old 13-11-2008, 06:27 PM
charlie luciano
10K+ Poster!!

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

Nothing like piping up too early is there!! you mug!

This is one of those ocassions where I have to eat humble pie

But we're gonna turn you over next time we play you

Luciano
Old 13-11-2008, 06:47 PM
ricky_2006
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

you know what. it gives me the right hump when scouse cunts cant take it. we beat you twice now.

dont make excuses about last night, we out played you, SIMPLE. so fucking what if you had GERRARD, CARRAGHER AND KEANE out. we had KING, WOODGATE, MODRIC, JENNAS out. so like for fucking like. you aint going to win nothing this season.

like like like like.

unlucky.
Old 14-11-2008, 07:41 AM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

Originally Posted by ricky_2006
you know what. it gives me the right hump when scouse cunts cant take it. we beat you twice now.

dont make excuses about last night, we out played you, SIMPLE. so fucking what if you had GERRARD, CARRAGHER AND KEANE out. we had KING, WOODGATE, MODRIC, JENNAS out. so like for fucking like. you aint going to win nothing this season.

like like like like.

unlucky.
Can't you read? no-one is denying you outplayed us!!! fuckin mong!

and it wasn't just those 3 out, it was 10!!!!!

And i can't beleive you're giving me stick about not winning anything! you're a spurs fan for fook sake, wake up and smell the coffee!

That perch is getting higher and higher for you to fall off

Charlie.....we will see my friend, we will see
Old 14-11-2008, 08:18 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

If you enter a competition with the intention of winning it then of course you'd be chuffed you'd won it, but the Carling Cup is not the same as the other competitions...if any of the Big 4 took it seriously they'd get to the final year in year out, i'm sure of that.
so why don't you take it seriously then?
or if it's not worth the hassle, just don't play in it and concentrate on something else

I love the way Spurs win 1 trophy and suddenly they're awesome!
can you rimind me how many trophy's liverpool won last year? i'm not sure of the actualy figure and don't want to say you've won more than us if you dind't

If we don't win a trophy then that's fine, but the ones we compete for are much much tougher than the Carling Cup!
again, why bother playing in a cup where you are going to field a piss poor team?

I can't even believe i'm replying to a Spurs fan about winning trophies!! strange world!
indeed
Old 14-11-2008, 08:50 AM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

Dojj,

The uproar over not entering a competition isn't worth the hassle, the only solution is to rest your first team to avoid the negative publicity, (remember the stick United got when they pulled out of the FA Cup?) on the upside it gives the fringe players the chance to show themselves in a good light (or bad like Liverpool ).

Liverpool didn't win a trophy last season either...hopefully that will change this season though
Old 14-11-2008, 09:04 AM
Brian
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Thinking about it Spurs didnt have some 1st chocie players playing either

Brian
Old 14-11-2008, 10:09 AM
DanRSturbo
10K+ Poster!!

Come the end of May, the Kop will be looking back and thinking " you know what, we should've fielded a better team in that carling cup cos we won fuck all else".

I guess it is hard to admit, but surely you can't believe you'll pip Man Utd or Chelsea to the title without the same sort of sqaud depth. And be wary of the next time you play Chelsa, Drogba might throw his wages at you
Old 14-11-2008, 11:40 AM
dojj

Dojj,

The uproar over not entering a competition isn't worth the hassle, the only solution is to rest your first team to avoid the negative publicity, (remember the stick United got when they pulled out of the FA Cup?) on the upside it gives the fringe players the chance to show themselves in a good light (or bad like Liverpool ).

Liverpool didn't win a trophy last season either...hopefully that will change this season though
i understand the train of thought that says "go and play the cup games with different players to give them a chance to see wha they can do" but is the negativity generated by fielding a weakened side that loses fairly convincingly better than the negativity for not entering the compitition in the first place?

you can only have 11 players on the pitch at any one time during the game so unless you participate in lots of friendly games it's a bit difficult to get around

unless there were mini 5 a side tounaments throughout the year for players who wern't officially first team capable
Old 14-11-2008, 02:53 PM
ricky_2006

Can't you read? no-one is denying you outplayed us!!! fuckin mong!

and it wasn't just those 3 out, it was 10!!!!!

And i can't beleive you're giving me stick about not winning anything! you're a spurs fan for fook sake, wake up and smell the coffee!

That perch is getting higher and higher for you to fall off

Charlie.....we will see my friend, we will see
what you win last season. FUCKALL.
Old 14-11-2008, 04:59 PM
JonnyBravo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm not a Spurs supporter but with Harry on side good things will continue to happen, they will no doubt lose a game as all the teams do but they will still be in the Premiership next year without doubt (which it wasn't looking that way before Harry started there) Harry is the best manager in the England and its a shame he didn't take the England job although I'd guess the Spurs fans aren't thinking that lol
Old 14-11-2008, 05:44 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

what you win last season. FUCKALL.
You are a mong.

What did you win the season before that, or the season before that, or the season before that.....continue back in time to see you've won very little compared to Liverpool/Arsenal/United so STFU!
Old 14-11-2008, 06:25 PM
icallediton

fuck liverpool the thick thieving tossers
Old 14-11-2008, 06:42 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

Originally Posted by icallediton
fuck liverpool the thick thieving tossers

they're all coming out of the woodwork now!!

you'll be telling me to calm down calm down next!

another wankbag!
Old 15-11-2008, 05:25 PM
ricky_2006

You are a mong.

What did you win the season before that, or the season before that, or the season before that.....continue back in time to see you've won very little compared to Liverpool/Arsenal/United so STFU!
won the carling cup last season you scouse cunt.

MONG lolllllll nice word mate

go and fucking nick something
Old 15-11-2008, 05:42 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

won the carling cup last season you scouse cunt.

MONG lolllllll nice word mate

go and fucking nick something
Woop De Dooooooooooooooooo

How did you get on today?

I'll see if i can steal a brain cell or two...where shall i send them?
Old 15-11-2008, 05:44 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

ill have some if you can spare them. mine are going to get fried tonight.
Old 15-11-2008, 05:54 PM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I love football threads ... Spurs fans, never had them down as dreamers, but there you go..... 1 carling cup, or consistant top 4 PL finishes, winning our FIFTH CL, getting to the semis, getting to the finals, oh and an F.A cup..... Nah, I still think spurs are the better team
Old 15-11-2008, 05:57 PM
Billy_RS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by DanRSturbo
Bring on the Arsenal kids again, I'm thoroughly looking forward to another semi with Wenger

Can we see a photo of your premiership trophy win please?

Cos your 5-1 reserve killers aint really doin it! lol
Old 15-11-2008, 09:14 PM
dojj

when was the last time anyone put 5 past a top 4 team

Quick Reply: what the fooks happened at spurs....?