General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Glock Slowing Down?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 08:17 AM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by CossieRich
The bitterness of the Ferrari and Hamliton haters proper funny this is. Almost as funny and great as you lot that cheered when Lewis was penalised for the Kimi incident. Chin up, you'll be back next year moaning and crying getting beaten again.
nah man im still trying to understand how the fuck kimi has kept his seat at ferrari
Old 03-11-2008, 08:21 AM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Bullett
thick cunts? charming.

ok then brainiac.tell me why when he was on slicks when they all first swapped to inters did he still set the same pace when the track was at its wettest?
then he lost time as on the last lap when it was drier and his tyres wouldve been the correct ones for the conditions?

thick cunts?

look in the mirror my friend.
Tyre temperatures .......like I said...SOME people dont understand how F1 cars work. Everyone left on slicks did comparable times to Glock on the last lap.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:22 AM
Nick b
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nash
Oh FFS, hes is British! ITV is showing F1 for the British. Of course they are going to show alot of him, that and the FACT his the best driver in F1.

As for fookingg off to avoid Taxes, dont blame the lad one little bit. I know i would do the same if some one was trying to take 50 mil off me a year.
Spot on..................in all my time on this site i have never read so much bullshit.
He is british and the youngest championship winner ever.
And all some people want to do is slag him off

Nick
Old 03-11-2008, 08:27 AM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

@ ferrari fans keep crying
Old 03-11-2008, 08:31 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Why bother posting facts. Myself, Chip and Mondeo Man have all said why Glcok was slow and also why Trulli had played no part in the race other than the start was also slow.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:36 AM
Jay,
Sponsor

Why bother posting facts. Myself, Chip and Mondeo Man have all said why Glcok was slow and also why Trulli had played no part in the race other than the start was also slow.
because its like the madcamp say facts and figures make the difference where bullshit wallks so put the times up
Old 03-11-2008, 08:41 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

you should know by now that facts should never get in the way of a good story mate
Old 03-11-2008, 08:53 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay.
because its like the madcamp say facts and figures make the difference where bullshit wallks so put the times up
The times have already been posted up you blind flid . Glock was FASTER than his team-mate (also on the "slicks") on the last lap .

However, don't let the FACTS get in the way of your Hamilton bashing .

I'm not a big fan of Hami, and thought he had thrown it all away when Vettel overtook him (what a race for him - the car was set-up to perfection for the conditions ). However, to criticise Hamilton for allowing this to happen and slating him as a driver is nonsensical. F1 is as much about tactics (if not MORE so) than it is about the driving. Hamiltons car was set up with far less wing for what-ever reason (expecting the track to come back?), where as Vettels had loads more, so as soon as the track grip went away and traction was reliant on extra down-force - he was away! Fortunately Mclaren were playing a LONG game and had already told Hamilton to keep his cool and that Glock was on slicks and if the rain stayed as it was, he WOULD retake his fifth postition at some point on the last lap. Obviously, they had no way of telling EXACTLY where that would be, but Hamilton listen to what he was being told and kept his calm and took back the place (just like the team had PREDICTED and told him he would). Obviously, it was probably a little closer to the finish line than they would have wanted, but F1 is all about KNOWN quantities and taking gambles. Glock's gamble was within 500m of paying off - he had nothing to lose, if he went in for intermediates, he would still DEFINITELY finish 6th, if he stayed out though, there was a "chance" he could get home before Hamilton and gain some extra points - he was desperate to be in front of Hamilton, otherwise he would NOT have taken this chance.

I can't believe the stupidity of some people that are posting on hear, I honestly would have credited them with more intelligence - especially as they have been able to witness similar events in previous races . It's as though they think the laws of physics should suddenly change for this one race .
Old 03-11-2008, 08:59 AM
It's Czech Mate

Mike you're wasting your time. They cant fucking understand slicks and rain let alone tactics or aero.

The thing thats amazing about Hamilton and IMO is the ONLY reason he won the title is that to keep the Mclaren competitive against the Ferarri they have to run it with less wing all the time so it's comparable in a straight line yet Hamilton ( who fortunately likes a loose car ) has managed to hustle it all season and grind out some results. IMO hes won the championship in the second best car
Old 03-11-2008, 09:01 AM
Jay,
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mike Rainbird
The times have already been posted up you blind flid . Glock was FASTER than his team-mate (also on the "slicks") on the last lap .

I'm not a big fan of Hami, and thought he had thrown it all away when Vettel overtook him (what a race for him - the car was set-up to perfection for the conditions ). However, to criticise Hamilton for allowing this to happen and slating him as a driver is nonsensical. F1 is as much about tactics (if not MORE so) than it is about the driving. Hamiltons car was set up with far less wing for what-ever reason (expecting the track to come back?), where as Vettels had loads more, so as soon as the track grip went away and traction was reliant on extra down-force - he was away! Fortunately Mclaren were playing a LONG game and had already told Hamilton to keep his cool and that Glock was on slicks and if the rain stayed as it was, he WOULD retake his fifth postition at some point on the last lap. Obviously, they had no way of telling EXACTLY where that would be, but Hamilton listen to what he was being told and kept his calm and took back the place (just like the team had PREDICTED and told him he would). Obviously, it was probably a little closer to the finish line than they would have wanted, but F1 is all about KNOWN quantities and taking gambles. Glock's gamble was within 500m of paying off - he had nothing to lose, if he went in for intermediates, he would still DEFINITELY finish 6th, if he stayed out though, there was a "chance" he could get home before Hamilton and gain some extra points - he was desperate to be in front of Hamilton, otherwise he would NOT have taken this chance.

I can't believe the stupidity of some people that are posting on hear, I honestly would have credited them with more intelligence - especially as they have been able to witness similar events in previous races . It's as though they think the laws of physics should suddenly change for this one race .
who are you calling a flid ! do you honestly think im guna even remotely take on board your point when you cant even choose a decent wheel colour you tart
Old 03-11-2008, 09:04 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Is that the best you can do?
Old 03-11-2008, 09:04 AM
Jay,
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mondeo Man
Mike you're wasting your time. They cant fucking understand slicks and rain let alone tactics or aero.

The thing thats amazing about Hamilton and IMO is the ONLY reason he won the title is that to keep the Mclaren competitive against the Ferarri they have to run it with less wing all the time so it's comparable in a straight line yet Hamilton ( who fortunately likes a loose car ) has managed to hustle it all season and grind out some results. IMO hes won the championship in the second best car
lol how blinkered are you actually ferrari run more wing for the infield due to having more topend speed in the straights lol so this is why the car came in first dear me can i surgest you spend less time insulting people and learn a bit more about f1 before you become a hero
Old 03-11-2008, 09:05 AM
danneth
TORQUE!

let it all out jay come on no good holding it in
Old 03-11-2008, 09:05 AM
Jay,
Sponsor

Is that the best you can do?
im saving the ultimate come back son ! you should know i never never say die lol
Old 03-11-2008, 09:07 AM
It's Czech Mate

lol how blinkered are you actually ferrari run more wing for the infield due to having more topend speed in the straights lol so this is why the car came in first dear me can i surgest you spend less time insulting people and learn a bit more about f1 before you become a hero
Which is what I said....Mclaren run less wing to keep the straight line speed near to Ferarri because the Ferarri is a 'better' car and sacrifice downforce, which Lewis has to cope with.

Learn to read.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:07 AM
Jay,
Sponsor

Originally Posted by danneth
let it all out jay come on no good holding it in
danneth one day the rest will get my sarky but comical view on things
Old 03-11-2008, 09:10 AM
ECU Monitor Enthusiast
BANNED
BANNED

However close it was and no matter how good ferarri were in the final race, they would not have even been in contention for the title if it wasnt for a series of unfair and biased decisions by the powers that be.

FACT.

Massa drove a fantastic race, even I conceed that.

Anyone want to take a bet that Schuey will be coming back... sooner rather than later LOL
Old 03-11-2008, 09:11 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

You just agreed with him you spaz .
Old 03-11-2008, 09:12 AM
It's Czech Mate

I know nothing about F1.....Banchester in disguise knows everything as he's abley demonstrated
Old 03-11-2008, 09:12 AM
dojj

there are too many variables in your arguement mike

glock was ahead of lewis because of what? better car? better driver? better set up? luck? all of the above?

if he was out there on slicks with better areo would it have made a difference?
if lewis had worse areo would that have made a difference?

we don't know so we speculate to form our own answers to these questions based on what we can find out from the times and nothing else (can you tell exactly how many twirls of a mechancins twirly thing is the corret amoutn of triwls one way or the other? no)

so it doens't matter if he had more or less or the smae amount of wing, we can only say that the tyres were right.wrong for the given application

lewis was on the right tyres at the right time, everything else i either down to computers, collective brain power or just blind luck
Old 03-11-2008, 09:13 AM
Jay,
Sponsor

keep watching and learn you twat theres a hoodwink on its way
Old 03-11-2008, 09:13 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Originally Posted by Flux Capacitor
However close it was and no matter how good ferarri were in the final race, they would not have even been in contention for the title if it wasnt for a series of unfair and biased decisions by the powers that be.

FACT.

Massa drove a fantastic race, even I conceed that.

Anyone want to take a bet that Schuey will be coming back... sooner rather than later LOL
Absolutely, I liked Bernie's reply to Brundal about it getting more and more difficult each year to engineer the finishes to be down to the last race . Many a true word said in jest .
Old 03-11-2008, 09:14 AM
Ryan_3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

jay u coont
Old 03-11-2008, 09:15 AM
Jay,
Sponsor

I know nothing about F1.....Banchester in disguise knows everything as he's abley demonstrated
banchester how come you have got away with abusing people due to your lack of tact just on this thread let alone others mabey i shouldnt let you down chap
Old 03-11-2008, 09:16 AM
Jay,
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ryan_3
jay u coont
shit keep up ! youve just realised this
Old 03-11-2008, 09:16 AM
dojj

Which is what I said....Mclaren run less wing to keep the straight line speed near to Ferarri because the Ferarri is a 'better' car and sacrifice downforce, which Lewis has to cope with.

Learn to read.
more or less is only comparable when you have a given, for example, 2 being the given

3 is more than 2, but 1 is less than 2

no one has a given so it's pointless to argue the point about more or less
Old 03-11-2008, 09:18 AM
Jay,
Sponsor

Originally Posted by dojj
more or less is only comparable when you have a given, for example, 2 being the given

3 is more than 2, but 1 is less than 2

no one has a given so it's pointless to argue the point about more or less
you can fuck off as well
Old 03-11-2008, 09:19 AM
Ryan_3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

shit keep up ! youve just realised this
no I just reminded u your status in here
Old 03-11-2008, 09:19 AM
Ryan_3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

wtf are u one dojj, ure a cunt too
Old 03-11-2008, 09:24 AM
rallycross

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

FFS there is some utter cr@p on this thread!

of course Glock didnt slow down deliberately if you believe that you've no idea what its like on slicks on a wet track....

Glock was driving as quick as he possibley could on dry tyres on a wet track up a steep incline

And on the last corner up that hill you could see he just had no grip and hence no traction

(and that is a REALLY STEEP HILL; I was there in Sao Paulo watching the GP last year the TV cameras' dont show how steep the hill is up to the main straight)

if you need more information read the news on autosport.com
Old 03-11-2008, 09:26 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

What's actually happened is the FIA has been bought out by the WWF (or WWE, whatever it's called) and the whole race season is actually cleverly orchestrated to make for a massive finale!

Whatever actually happened (IMO there was no foul play involved whatsoever) it made for one hell of an exciting race, and a brilliant ending to the season!!
Old 03-11-2008, 09:31 AM
dojj

you can fuck off as well
Originally Posted by Ryan_3
wtf are u one dojj, ure a cunt too

i'm on the dog's side, it's just as confusing having to balance a banana on your head as working out what's what in this thread
Old 03-11-2008, 09:31 AM
It's Czech Mate

banchester how come you have got away with abusing people due to your lack of tact just on this thread let alone others mabey i shouldnt let you down chap
You can do what you like..if you ban me then i'll be banned and understand F1, you will still be a mod who doesnt
Old 03-11-2008, 09:33 AM
baker p

at least we got something argue about ....
when schumacher was about F1 was ferking dire and soooo predictable
still dont like lewis but it was exciting for once
Old 03-11-2008, 09:35 AM
Turbocabbie
Top Cab !!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dojj
if he was out there on slicks with better areo would it have made a difference?
if lewis had worse areo would that have made a difference?
Better areo than what?

Areo does not work well on a car that is going slow and increases its effectiveness with speed, as Glock had very low tyre temperatures due to the rain cooling his worn dry tyres he did not have the ability to increase the speed enough to have effective areo

its also a common knowledge that the Toyota does not have a great areo package and has had to run a fair amount of wing compared to Ferrari and Mclaren at most circuits this year.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:36 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

You can do what you like..if you ban me then i'll be banned and understand F1, you will still be a mod who doesnt
Jay,
He's got you on that one .
Old 03-11-2008, 09:37 AM
smity
Part of the Furniture

Originally Posted by RS Grant
I think thats more down to ITV making it more like The Lewis Hamilton Show than F1 coverage to be honest.

Cheers,
Grant
So what about the mansell days, and mansell mania all eyes were on mansell because he was british and a fantastic driver and its called supporting your countryman!

Some people are just jealous cunts

WELL DONE HAMMY!
Old 03-11-2008, 09:37 AM
Dan
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by Benni
Don't waste your time on these mutants.

Benni.
Best thing said on this stupid fucking thread!

Congrat's to Lewis, I'm fucking chuffed we've got a british world champion again, as for that stupid cunt Escy saying his Dad's hogging the limelight trying to get on TV, did you not see Massa's Dad in Ferrari's pit all year too!?

Right result IMO, and tbh I don't give a flying fuck what the sore losers and other retards on this thread think!
Old 03-11-2008, 09:39 AM
Jay,
Sponsor

Jay,
He's got you on that one .
right ffs

ok gimmie a min to regroup
Old 03-11-2008, 09:50 AM
sbd16v
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

does that make it clear for you ?????

Quick Reply: Glock Slowing Down?