General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

my new house.looking for ideas so post pics of yours.

Search this Thread

Old 31-10-2008 | 11:21 PM
Micky The Finn
Former Sponsor

Default my new house.looking for ideas so post pics of yours.

ive been waiting ages to buy a house,and found this by chance,wasnt sure if i liked it at first but settling in nicely.

Last edited by Micky The Finn; 01-11-2008 at 10:02 AM.
Old 31-10-2008 | 11:24 PM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

Nice reminds me of a pub
Old 31-10-2008 | 11:25 PM
Kelv
Almost there!

Very nice Tim.

how long have you been there now then?

looks like youve got a fair amount of out buildings and grounds - do you actually keep horses?
Micky The Finn
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Less
Nice reminds me of a pub
spot on less,it was a pub up until around 1982.
rsnissan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

fook thats a lot of space
Old 31-10-2008 | 11:27 PM
MAD EVO 4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

very nice mate
Old 31-10-2008 | 11:29 PM
Kverna
Virgin-popper

NICE! Knocking down walls to make mega-garage I suppose ?
Old 31-10-2008 | 11:30 PM
Micky The Finn
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Kelv
Very nice Tim.

how long have you been there now then?

looks like youve got a fair amount of out buildings and grounds - do you actually keep horses?

looking back to the house from the bottom of my garden.ok its a field.

ive got about 5 acres,no horses yet but if the girls want one ive got the room,mind the stable is now full with 1500 focus wrc wheels!!.

been here 2 months,got loads to do,new heating,new windows,2 bedroom extension,3 car garage,huge workshop to build.but should be our dream home in about 18 months time.

Old 31-10-2008 | 11:34 PM
XRT_si
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Very nice, lots of potential
Old 31-10-2008 | 11:43 PM
Kelv
Almost there!

ideal from what you say then Tim.

it ticks all the boxes you want it to be from a long term point of view - be good to see the same pictures taken in 2 years and see how far youve progressed.

Curious question, are you still on the S+T, or have you moved over completely into the rallying and WRC cars where your passion obviously lays!?
Old 31-10-2008 | 11:51 PM
Micky The Finn
Former Sponsor

still on the s+t kelv.got 72 hours in for the last few weeks,done my salary just about in week 30,and the br pension is just to good to leave,as sad as it sounds,i love the s+t almost as much as i love rallying.its helped pay for this new house so not all bad,and ive a 7 month old boy to think about and the railway is reccesion proof.iam sure you understand where iam coming from,ive spent the last 5 years going to quit every day,even handed my notice in a few times a few years ago but my boss asked me to think about it and iam still there!!!ive thought about moving from network rail to chase the big bucks but iam just so settled here and work with some of the best blokes you could wish for,its the social side i dont think i could live without.
Old 31-10-2008 | 11:56 PM
Micky The Finn
Former Sponsor

plus,my business's are run by the lads who work for me (and one girl) and they almost dont need me there now,apart from the odd lost,misrouted,damaged parcel,i may as well not be there now.ive a 19 year old lad who has been with me since he was 13 on work placement from school and he has rebuilt an impreza rallycar just about on his own this week and got it ready for a rally tommorow,all i had to do was bed the brakes in!!,if i didnt have 4 good lads working for me i wouldnt be on the s+t.
Old 01-11-2008 | 12:00 AM
Kelv
Almost there!

i can fully understand every point you made - and its most definatly a strong social point, some of the best guys work in the S+T.

i totally agree on getting the hours in, we are more often than not clocking up similar hours to yourself, to which we obviously never complain - but we dont have the same security as yourself of being under the network rail banner
- it was British Rail when i joined back in 1991, but as the years progressed and the privatisation, then taking back of companys etc, we have now remained as a private company - but im still working with the same managers, same colleagues, from the same offices and same designers that i was when i started, i wouldnt change my job for the world.
Old 01-11-2008 | 12:02 AM
Stu.H
10K+ Poster!!

Fair play

Old 01-11-2008 | 12:09 AM
Micky The Finn
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Kelv
i can fully understand every point you made - and its most definatly a strong social point, some of the best guys work in the S+T.

i totally agree on getting the hours in, we are more often than not clocking up similar hours to yourself, to which we obviously never complain - but we dont have the same security as yourself of being under the network rail banner
- it was British Rail when i joined back in 1991, but as the years progressed and the privatisation, then taking back of companys etc, we have now remained as a private company - but im still working with the same managers, same colleagues, from the same offices and same designers that i was when i started, i wouldnt change my job for the world.

i did a re timbering job last sunday morning on a set of ep's(air points) and we did a 14 hour shift starting at midnite,had loads of problems and it was freezing,but was a brilliant chalenge,i supose when its in your blood its there,hard to explain to the layman and especially when you have two other business's running very well,but its something hard to explain,but i know why i still work on the s+t,security if it all goes tits up,and its got me my dream home and my family has a house they never thought was possible.

i think only me and you (kelv) will understand about the s+t on here.
Old 01-11-2008 | 12:33 AM
JLStretton
Choose Life.

To close to the road for me, but looks a nice house and love the space to the rear, be near perfect if it was set 10 or so meters back
Old 01-11-2008 | 12:39 AM
Munch
Mr. Sparkle!

sweet
Old 01-11-2008 | 12:45 AM
The Youth.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

very nice tim.

I actually like posts like this where we show others on here where/ how we live, it puts us all into perspective, and give a feel of a community intrested in cars as a whole but do live a normal life aswell.

house wise
should be great with all the mods done to how you want it..

steve

Last edited by The Youth.; 01-11-2008 at 10:48 AM.
Old 01-11-2008 | 12:50 AM
markk
10K+ Poster!!

thought you'd dissappeared off the face on the earth pal

place looks cool, you'll have to send me the addy and me and the family will have a drive up at some point !
Old 01-11-2008 | 03:43 AM
dreamer
PassionFord Regular

I'm gona ask what the s+t is?Probably get shot down

The house looks cool-Dream setup with the yard and stables.Id kill for that kinda space
Old 01-11-2008 | 10:01 AM
Micky The Finn
Former Sponsor

mark just been busy mate,will ring you later this afternoon.

yes i do wish it was 10 metres further off the road but that would have aded £100k to the price iam told.its not a bad road though and i dont even notice cars passing now.

the S+T is the railway signalling and telecoms.

steves got a good point,so iam going to amend the title,show us where you live,mite give some of us an idear of things to do in our houses,i know last year there was a great thread showing some seriously cool gardens.
Old 01-11-2008 | 10:17 AM
fordrs2005
Advanced PassionFord User

looks an ideal house with lots of room for garages and storage etc...
Old 01-11-2008 | 10:42 AM
PAUL S
PassionFord Post Troll

To get around the closeness of the road, what a lot of people do with these types of houses is reverse the aspect, making the courtyard face appear to be the front and the road facing part the rear. Have any main living rooms face the courtyard and incorporate a front door/porch into the rear facade and then have the kitchens/ dining rooms etc facing the road. Also put a small garden type area in the courtyard, it takes bit of room planning and re directing internal services but does not cost a lot and the appearance change is amazing adding a lot more ££££ to the property for not a lot of outlay.

Depending on your budget you could make the stables the actual house and then link the existing house to it as an annexe with a glass covered walkway or enclosed court yard.

Have fun
Old 01-11-2008 | 07:16 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Got major potential that place, soooo much room giving sooo many options.

Didnt you live in a biggish house before that one Tim?