General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

emigration any of you lot had enough yet?

Search this Thread

Old 13-11-2004, 01:37 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not fooking scotland mate, its fooking freezing , thay all talk a funny language too

they hard fookers too ( well i supose ya gotta be wearing a skirt with no boxers on a mountain side in febuary , only a very guy confident in his sexuality and a hard fooker to could do that )

rudey ya wanna compolain about huse prices, pop up to mine and have a look, its sooooooooooo depressing its half the price to rent and thats 800 a month
Old 13-11-2004, 01:39 PM
RSCAT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my Dad is scottish, in fact me mam and dad are moving back there next year, the houses theyve been looking at are class, so much more for ya cash up there.
me bro is training in mental health as he wants to go and live in the states and they are crying out for carers over there.
ill move on probs next year sometime, havent a clue where too yet tho, most likely somewhere where it doesnt piss down every day.
Old 13-11-2004, 01:40 PM
Anonymous
Banned

yup its shite thats why im selling everything and moving asap to Australia
Old 13-11-2004, 01:41 PM
glenbat
Part of the Furniture

rudey you know why we pay through the nose for a pokey little 2 bed terraced place? the 'average' family has fallen from the commonly mentioned 2.4 children to 1.7 in recent years, and its not because more people are choosing to live alone as the government lead us to believe. Its got summin to do with the hundreds of thousands of 'economic migrants' arriving open handed and our PC country giving them whatever they ask for. If so many are 'genuine' asylum seekers, why do the vast majority of them seem to be able bodied young men between ages of 18 - 35? If you was fleeing genuine persecution would you leave behind your mum, gran, sister, daughter and niece just for a better life for yourself?... I think not

sorry for getting all political but its good to get it off my chest once in a while
glen

Oh, and im 27 and been looking at New Zealand as a stepping stone to Oz
Old 13-11-2004, 01:44 PM
Gra
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i filled out an online form for austalia and got approved to move over there, and was told to phone some aussie office if i wanted to follow up my application, but i was only messin about, but i fi could i would be off like a shot, but Kaz dont wanna leave her family, where as i dont really have none, so tis not a prob for me
Old 13-11-2004, 01:53 PM
Muska
Advanced PassionFord User

i thought very heavily about moving to australia. did all the forms found out everything etc but had a bit of a change of heart and decided to stay put...for now...
Old 13-11-2004, 01:54 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Im going to go to the US for a couple of years once i finish my degree i hope, but will aslways come back j ust when i got shit loads of money
Old 13-11-2004, 01:54 PM
glenbat
Part of the Furniture

it is rudey and its a fcuking shame the majority of the english as so tolerant. Any other country and it just wouldnt happen. Look at that boat full of scroungers that turned up on Australias doorstep, they were told to go home or be blow out the water! thats the attitude we need to take. There is a rising in right wing supporters and its understandable, but again mass media brainwashing has halted their rise by calling them 'racist thugs'.. whats wrong with wanting the best for your family?
countrys gone way too soft
Old 13-11-2004, 01:55 PM
DanRSturbo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Fuck moving to oz, they have bigger spiders then I've got wheels
Old 13-11-2004, 02:00 PM
S1 JOHN
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

my birds off to majorca for ten months in a ice skatin show i want outta here so after christmas hopefully im off just need to find a job and somewhere to stay out there ment to be goin right over christmas but where do you stay that aint gonna cost a fortune cos i cant stay with her cos she is in acomodation paid for by the company and she has to share with somebody else anybody got any ideas i can get cheap flights no probs and as for work fook em sick note here i come
any ideas and help would be much appreciated ps sorry for doin a bit of post hi jackin but i need all the help i can get
Old 13-11-2004, 02:03 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

barby time

i think they leave the soiders in the outback and then send emails to the english on programs to move us pommes there so the spiders are fed and dont visit the citys
Old 13-11-2004, 02:04 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

I Honestly dont see the appeal of Australia though that everyone goes on about, sure a cool place to go on Holiday but ic ouldnt live out there
Old 13-11-2004, 02:09 PM
S1 JOHN

a bit mate but as you say this country is shit and its worth a try out there if it goes wrong then fair enough but i d rather try than just stay here its just findin somewhere to stay somebody suggested tent or sleepin bag on the beach
Old 13-11-2004, 02:10 PM
Ian M
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

i personally think this country is now toss im half scotish and have to say scotland is still kool
if its so cool why are all the sweaty socks in england.
Old 13-11-2004, 05:30 PM
Uncle Henry

Ive only got 4 days of this shitty overpriced, immigrant ridden, freezing cold shithole of a country left!!

I emigrate to Australia on wednesday and am taking my cossie with me!!
its rapidly going downhill here which is a big shame I honestly dont think im proud to be British any more
Old 13-11-2004, 05:59 PM
Gra
PassionFord Post Whore!!

no it werent no outback programm fuck that the spiders will be bigger than me
Old 13-11-2004, 06:18 PM
MadMac
15K+ Super Poster!!

I'm off to Spain when all my debts are paid to start a tuning company, they have none over there
Old 13-11-2004, 06:18 PM
S1 JOHN

john NO1 FOOKIN NO NO! i was in tenereef once and we put up 2 dudes that came over on a 1 way ticket they told us how the fedz round anyone up on the ruff take up to the mountains 20miles away and then batter them and make em walk back fook me imagine the state of ya feat after a few neets on the beach
i wouldnt do it anyway ill just crash at hers, under the bed if anyone comes in i might wait till the season starts and try and look for a job and somewhere to stay whilst visiting next year if there is anythin then just come back sort some stuff out and off we go
as for the save the whales if there like that im supporting the whale hunters fpmsl
Old 13-11-2004, 06:19 PM
brad
PassionFord Post Troll

ive been offered work out in new zealand , staying in the best hotels all paid for working 4 days a week earning the equiv of Ł800 per wk and tbh i,d be gone by now if i didnt have so many responsibilities. if me and the missus have a big arguement im fookin gone
this country sucks dog pizzle
its changed so much in the short time ive been alive , it makes me wonder what it will be like in another 30 years and worries me what my son will have to cope with
Old 13-11-2004, 06:21 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Yeah know what u mean Brad. Im into the History of the UK and i would have loved to have been around just over 100 years ago to see what it was like when the UK had the Empire and was growing V weathly etc. Ok it was shit for poor peeps etc but still there always seemed comunity spirt everywhere etc and everyone was for the common good etc not like now everyone is out for themselves
Old 13-11-2004, 06:26 PM
brad
PassionFord Post Troll

tbh i would really have liked to have been born in the 40s or 50s . from what my mum and dad used to tell me it was superb . coffe bars open late with no trouble police doing there jobs properly and apparently you could leave the front of your house off and no one would steal anything .
Old 13-11-2004, 06:47 PM
nickyboy
PassionFord Regular

My Dad remarried an american and moved out there 7 years ago. I've been out to see him loads of times and never wanted to come back, its such a different way of life. The councils etc actually look after those that pay the taxes. I fully intend to move out there in a couple of years once i've paid off my debts etc.

They bought this place when they moved out there for $180,000 cash although it did need quite a bit of work doing but my dad used to be a building contracts manager so that wasnt a problem, he's just taken a building inspectors job in South Carolina so they are moving from Pittsburgh and have just sold the house for a shade under $1m, theres a barn a similar size to the house as well.

The nice stripey lawn is my handywork

I'm wondering what to do, i'm selling my place early next year with a plan to downgrade and pay off my debts etc then investing the rest. But i have been thinking about renting somewhere for a similar price to my mortgage and using the profit i make to pay my debts and invest the rest in an ISA etc to give me backing for when i decide to move out there
Old 13-11-2004, 07:21 PM
FastFordChris
Advanced PassionFord User

dont knock the outback fellas a friend of mine moved from melborne inland to a quiet little town and says the way of life there is a hell of alot slower and more relaxed. altho i dont think its really for the younger person but good to get away from it all for a while
Old 13-11-2004, 07:32 PM
Mrs Ginge

man eating spiders are nothing to worry about mate, its the snakes and sharks that im scared of

or the though oif buying a house to find jason donavan as ya neighbour

or ya local surf club ran by alf
Old 13-11-2004, 07:33 PM
Mrs Ginge

oh and the crocadiles in the rivers

fook it im staying in the ghetto , safer
Old 13-11-2004, 07:39 PM
Mrs Ginge

and if ya do manage to avoid the wildlife the fooking crocadile hunter will jump on ya and make yana star in his next film no fooker wants to watch

Quick Reply: emigration any of you lot had enough yet?