General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Anyone KNOW about ST170 engine spec/rumours? Will?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 01:03 AM
simon170
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Might be worth having a check over for that noise. CV joints, wheel bearing etc.

Yeah I thought it went a bit lower than 10:1, as Ian had been told that the extra ignition advance it would gain would outweigh the drop in C/R. But I dont think it worked out that way.

Hope the Omex didnt give you trouble this time (map changes for raise in C/R)
Old 12-10-2008, 01:10 AM
Big Will_
Borg Warner EFR Equipped!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We went out and did a map for it once it was back together - didn't need to touch the advance map - had to tweak the fuel maps as it had leaned a few places out.

I still suspect i'll go across to my AEM over the winter as the definable knock control on there and return decay etc. is far superior.

I don't know if you can see the AFRs clearly enough in that vid - but as well as it having mega conservative spark it was also richer than normal as the chargecooler seems to struggle to control air temps when under those sort of track conditions.

Could feel a distinct tailing off in the powerband after a few laps as the air was getting hotter and hotter.

Treated the day as a shakedown - found a few problems but i'll get on top of them and give her another shakedown at Donington on 29th December and then hopefully have a 3 month window to sort anything else
Old 12-10-2008, 01:28 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Will @ M Developments
We went out and did a map for it once it was back together - didn't need to touch the advance map - had to tweak the fuel maps as it had leaned a few places out.

I still suspect i'll go across to my AEM over the winter as the definable knock control on there and return decay etc. is far superior.

I don't know if you can see the AFRs clearly enough in that vid - but as well as it having mega conservative spark it was also richer than normal as the chargecooler seems to struggle to control air temps when under those sort of track conditions.

Could feel a distinct tailing off in the powerband after a few laps as the air was getting hotter and hotter.

Treated the day as a shakedown - found a few problems but i'll get on top of them and give her another shakedown at Donington on 29th December and then hopefully have a 3 month window to sort anything else
Tell the truth Will. I am chief Mechanic on the car now. You do as I say. Car went well on track, you passed me in a friends 300bhp RS.

Benni.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:30 AM
Big Will_
Borg Warner EFR Equipped!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Benni
Tell the truth Will. I am chief Mechanic on the car now. You do as I say.
Coming from the person who thought i was changing the head gasket when i was resealing the cam cover

Originally Posted by Benni
Car went well on track, you passed me in a friends 300bhp RS.

Benni.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:48 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Coming from the person who thought i was changing the head gasket when i was resealing the cam cover

Even the best of us make mistakes.

Benni.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:52 AM
Paul_RS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

I'll deposit my balls in your mouth - you love it like Kegan
Old 12-10-2008, 04:42 AM
crazycage
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm running 1.0bar at 10.0:1 CR at 8000rpm without valve bounce... :S

crazycage - what valve clearances are you running?
just from memory was 8inlet 10 exhaust i could be wrong tho as i never set them ,and i said nothing about valve bounce i said float i had really bad back pressure from the shitty exhaust system that was on the car im now building a full 3" turbo back job and a different turbo