General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Bit of Advice Needed!!

Search this Thread

Old 18-09-2008, 05:00 PM
R6_wal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bit of Advice Needed!!

Long story but will make short!

I was renting a house, and when we moved in we noticed a lot of mould, Green and black, i went to the letting agents and told them, they replied it was ok, and would cause no harm.

So after a 3/4 months of iving there i became ill and started having probs breathing, had a bit of time off work with it, this went on for a few more months, not thinking it was the mould.

anyway after a year of living there we decided to move out (10th sept), save and get our own place, i moved to my mum's, i went to the doctors a few days ago as i'm still having breathing probs and he said it is a big possiblity it is linked to the mould probs of the house.

I have gone back to the letting agents and they still dismiss the mould as being dangerous to health.

What i want to know is, is it possible to have a claim against the agents or landlord for refusing to do anything and causing me health problems??

Where do i stand legally?

Cheers
Old 18-09-2008, 05:06 PM
Kamike
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I became ill and had breathing problems after the house i lived in at uni got damp and a black mould in the corner of my room. Told the landlord and letting agent but they dismissed it untill one of those where theres a blame theres a claim blokes rang them (it was a mate) and suddenly we had to move because the house was unsafe and we got our deposite and 3 months rent back as a good will guesture.