General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Missis accident update.....insurance gurus!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 15-09-2008, 08:14 PM
dannyblackpool
Boost Builder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Missis accident update.....insurance gurus!!!!!

right after saying she was going to pay up the silly cow who rear ended the scooby has gone quiet so we called her home and spoke to her mum. Bascially she found out this morning when her daughter left a letter worried. Her mum refused the 250 which a friend has quoted for the repair and said claim on her insurance..... no probs!...

Ring missis insurance as dont have details of her insurance and missis is told yes thats fine we will start proceedings but you have to pay excess (which is more than 500.00) and it will affect your ncd by around 2 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCK THAT!! after some verbal they gave us the name of her insurer..... Tesco so on the phone to them..

Told her without a policy number they cant do anything due to data protection and we need to get it from her, somehow i doubt that is going to be so easy. She did say that if she doesnt provide it then it is breaking the law and to contact the police, So have done a letter for the number and am posting by hand.....

anything else we can do if she plainly ignores it as no doubt the police wont do out....
Old 15-09-2008, 08:19 PM
focusv8
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts

It will only affect the NCD if the claim is blameworthy on your policy.
Excess is paid to the repairer at the completion of the repair to your car, this can then be claimed back as uninsured losses against the other driver, you may have cover to do this for you.

Old 15-09-2008, 08:23 PM
Roosie
500bhp Cosworth in making

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

the 3rd party wil have to pay everything. your missus it wont be effected by anything
Old 15-09-2008, 08:29 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

I wouldn't bother sending her a letter, ring her back and tell her if she doesn't provide her details you're going to the police. Get onto the CAB too.
Old 15-09-2008, 08:33 PM
dannyblackpool
Boost Builder

she was told because she hasnt legal cover she wont get the excess back and that it WILL affect her NCD by around 2 years :-s
Old 15-09-2008, 08:40 PM
Andy_R
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Is it really worth claiming???

Unfortunatley what actually happened and who was to blame and how the insurance company see the accident as having happened and who they see as responsible are usualy entirely different.

Unless the 3rd party has accepted liability and you have proof(which doesnt sound the case) then its highly probable that the insurance companies will come to an arrangement whereby the blame is proportionately shared. Which means that your going to have to pay your excess and if just 1% blame is attributed to yourselfs then you wont see it refunded and will have a claim registered against you.

My advice assuming there is nothing more to the claim than Ł250 damage to the car;- have your mate sort your car out, take the Ł250 hit and keep your NCB and not have a claim registered against you.
Old 15-09-2008, 08:51 PM
Roosie

thats why you want to sticka personal injury claims in then solicitors will fight for you and most likely succeed

Trending Topics

Old 15-09-2008, 08:52 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Mate, the mum think you have no insurance I bet you. Hence she thinks you will just sod off if she says claim.

Now, you could call her mum back, say you have spoken to your insurance and they have told you that the policy is with Tesco.

This will let the mum know your ARE insured.

Now, keep it polite, explain that they have requested her policy number and advised you report the accident to the police as apart of the terms of the policy.

Here is your last ditch effort, explain that you would rather not as you fear the police will look to press charges for driving without due care and attention on her part (the daughter), and that you will have to stump up the excess and claim it back which could take months, she will loose her NCD, so everyone looses.

Now, if you can get all that out before she starts gobbing, just say "I have a mate in the trade who can fix the car for 250 quid and more than happy to get my car fixed and put it behind me, if your not happy with that arrangment, let me know your policy number and i will pass the details over to the insurance and inform the police as requested and we can leave it at that"

See what she says, no point in calling Tesco mate, they wont deal with you direct I imagine. You will have to go through your insurance or let he walk, if you go through the insurance, then make a report to the police.
Old 15-09-2008, 08:54 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Kind of agree with Andy on this one, if you can get it sorted that cheap, do it mate.
Old 15-09-2008, 08:59 PM
booner999
Advanced PassionFord User

I had this, bitch drove into my car, no cams as they was facing the other way, but three ppl seen it, they all wrote statements saying what they seen, gave to insurance which she didnt supply but got hold of through the car details etc, and they said she is denying it so we wont do anything..... called my insurance, got them to speak to her insurance, and they ended up doing fuck all. Sold the car in the end with the damage!
Old 15-09-2008, 10:42 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

i dont get how an insurance company no matter how they work it, can apportion blame on a driver whos been rear-ended in a simple rear ender???? (ie you didnt pull in/cut up on someone and they hit you that way).

Or are you now responsible for the actions of the driver behind you?? ie if someones close you cant slow down incase they hit you??
Old 16-09-2008, 08:31 PM
dannyblackpool
Boost Builder

can anyone give any more advise????

Ive been told that her insurance company only need a reg number to start the ball rolling but we spoke to them and they said we have to supply policy number, and to contact her for it!! like she is going to give us that! tried to ring back tonight but didnt even get through!
Old 16-09-2008, 08:37 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

your mate seen it happen didn't he.

witness sorted.
Old 16-09-2008, 08:45 PM
dannyblackpool
Boost Builder

dave ive got a witness funnily enough lol but missis wont risk damage to her ncd hence making it hard to insure come renewal, need to find out if i can definatly go straight to the others insurance with reg,car make model etc, registered keepers name,address and phone number. Posted a letter this morning giving them till tmoz and so wanted to relieve myself through the letterbox lol. Called police tnite and they just said to ring your insurer.... Fucked off as cant seem to claim for someone crashing into her!!
Old 16-09-2008, 09:08 PM
wirralphil
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dannyblackpool
can anyone give any more advise????

Ive been told that her insurance company only need a reg number to start the ball rolling but we spoke to them and they said we have to supply policy number, and to contact her for it!! like she is going to give us that! tried to ring back tonight but didnt even get through!
I find it hard to believe that your insurance can't get in touch with the other party. I'd ring your insurance and speak to the claims department, TELL them you can't get the policy number. Do you know the other drivers details? if so tell the insurance all you can.

Stupid question also but why didn't she get Legal cover? Well worth the 19quid.
Old 16-09-2008, 09:12 PM
Roosie

The only person who will deffo get there details is solicitors if you have her name and reg number.
Old 16-09-2008, 09:17 PM
dannyblackpool
Boost Builder

got her name,address,phone number both home and mobile and text messages saying how sorry she is and how she is going to find money soon....
Old 16-09-2008, 09:23 PM
Roosie

her car not at there house to get reg number?

Still think a personal injury claim will sort it as solicitors will just sort it all out on her behalf!whiplash 2k?
Old 16-09-2008, 09:35 PM
wirralphil
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Give your insurance all of her details, the will send letters, phonecalls. Eventually she will have to do something.
Old 16-09-2008, 09:36 PM
dannyblackpool
Boost Builder

sorry yeah got reg too and know she has cover with tesco, basically ive everthing i need to claim more or less but i cant!!
Old 16-09-2008, 09:41 PM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

speak to Tabs (tabetha) he seems to know his stuff with insurance etc,
Old 16-09-2008, 09:57 PM
Roosie

Originally Posted by LHD220Turbo
speak to Tabs (tabetha) he seems to know his stuff with insurance etc,

Hes on Holiday at moment

but i can tell you exactly what he will say "See Roosie"
Old 16-09-2008, 10:07 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

just go to the old bill and say you were hit up the arse, the woman refised to give you her details, job done