General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Todays F1 Grand prix is set to be a BELTER!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 15-09-2008, 08:00 AM
Nath
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jay.
and the rude cunt hamilton pretending he didnt know the winners name
Seriously?
Old 15-09-2008, 08:01 AM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by Nath
Seriously?
yep hes a proper cunt
Old 15-09-2008, 08:24 AM
Turbocabbie
Top Cab !!

Originally Posted by dojj
don't get me wrong, i'm all for fans of a particular person to big them up when they do soemthng good, but hey should also be big enough fans to admit when they have done something wrong rather than defend his decisions like moving to monaco to get out of the press spot light and it having nothing to do with not paying any taxes
This shows how much you really know about Lewis Hamilton and F1 in general as you obviously did not know that he moved to Switzerland not Monaco

What makes it so hard to believe that he could not live a normal life in the UK ? - His father who is also a multi millionaire now has not fled to become a tax exile, why is this? -- If it was simply about money this action would have been taken.

Do you know how much money Lewis gave to cerebal palsy charity's last year? - He counts his blessings, still enjoys driving a F1 car and does a great deal for people who have supported his family and brother in the past.
He even used a great deal of his own money to start a charity focused on improving the lives and opportunities of children and young people who have a dream and are living in ill health or poverty in the UK, Europe and developing countries.

its sad when this country has a true world class competitor and good role model for younger people, that all we do is knock them... Sure he's flawed by who was not at that age !

Last edited by Turbocabbie; 15-09-2008 at 08:36 AM.
Old 15-09-2008, 08:45 AM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

No, he just wasn't sure. He said "Was it Sebastien?"
Old 15-09-2008, 09:12 AM
cheeky dog
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i like lewis but thought the way he acted like he was unsure who won the race was a bit arogant.
Old 15-09-2008, 09:19 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbocabbie
This shows how much you really know about Lewis Hamilton and F1 in general as you obviously did not know that he moved to Switzerland not Monaco

What makes it so hard to believe that he could not live a normal life in the UK ? - His father who is also a multi millionaire now has not fled to become a tax exile, why is this? -- If it was simply about money this action would have been taken.

Do you know how much money Lewis gave to cerebal palsy charity's last year? - He counts his blessings, still enjoys driving a F1 car and does a great deal for people who have supported his family and brother in the past.
He even used a great deal of his own money to start a charity focused on improving the lives and opportunities of children and young people who have a dream and are living in ill health or poverty in the UK, Europe and developing countries.

its sad when this country has a true world class competitor and good role model for younger people, that all we do is knock them... Sure he's flawed by who was not at that age !
everyone who's in the spot light gives money to charity because it's all tax deductable

i'm not knocking him for just the one incident though, i'm knocking him ebcause he's all of a sudden got too big for his helmet an has that arrogant swagger about the place

what has he actually achived so far in his F1 career?
his team got booted out of the championship for cheating
he put the goat up his team mate so much that he left the team
his team mate helped him out to a point and he was a "driving god" and then he stopped helping him and he back a driving "nobody"
and now he's acting like a 4 year old who's been told he can't use the paints at nursery after some shonky driving around a corner

that's the negatives in a nice and simple to understand way

wold you care to post the world wide publicly publisised good bits that no one can argue with please and then we can have a animated conversation about the matter at hand
Old 15-09-2008, 09:44 AM
Nath
10K+ Poster!!

Isn't it just fucking typical!

A British driver comes along who can win races and people pick fault on him for anything and everything they can think of. If it wasn't for the tax reasons he moved abroad it would of been to get away from some of the clueless, gormless, bellends in his own country who can show no loyalty to a fellow countryman
Old 15-09-2008, 09:51 AM
Jay,
Sponsor

Isn't it just fucking typical!

A British driver comes along who can win races and people pick fault on him for anything and everything they can think of. If it wasn't for the tax reasons he moved abroad it would of been to get away from some of the clueless, gormless, bellends in his own country who can show no loyalty to a fellow countryman
bollox
Old 15-09-2008, 09:55 AM
Nath
10K+ Poster!!

stonehavencossie
Advanced PassionFord User

could not put it better myself

some of you on here are complete c***s towards hamilton
Phil
Jeebus

Awesome drive by Vettel Always good to see Hamilton outclass the Ferraris as well
Old 15-09-2008, 09:58 AM
doctor stavros
AMG C32

Originally Posted by Phil
Awesome drive by Vettel
couldnt put it better myself
Originally Posted by Phil
Awesome drive by Vettel Always good to see Hamilton outclass the Ferraris as well
im sure he finished behind the important ferrari......
Old 15-09-2008, 09:59 AM
RUBY123
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

why do people keep going on about him being British so you should support him what you really mean is he has a chance of winning something and you are all glory hunters. every race the glory hunters come on her giving it the same old hes British rubbish if you are all so patriotic were is all of your Jenson button posts that's right there are none because he don't win nothing. same as Cultard plain and simple glory hunting
Old 15-09-2008, 10:01 AM
Nath
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by RUBY123
why do people keep going on about him being British so you should support him what you really mean is he has a chance of winning something and you are all glory hunters. every race the glory hunters come on her giving it the same old hes British rubbish if you are all so patriotic were is all of your Jenson button posts that's right there are none because he don't win nothing. same as Cultard plain and simple glory hunting

I meant what I said not what you said
Old 15-09-2008, 10:25 AM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

Wining many races, and being 2nd in his 1st year.

Did they sneak in the Ferrari factory and steal them, or did Nigel Stepney offer them? (Also to Williams and BMW )

Wasn't Alonso the one that had the emails? Not LH. Did Hamilton try and blackmail Ron Dennis?

his team mate helped him out to a point and he was a "driving god" and then he stopped helping him and he back a driving "nobody"
Yes, a driving nobody. That's right Dojj. Carry on.
Old 15-09-2008, 10:42 AM
stonehavencossie
Advanced PassionFord User

how the feck is it being a glory hunter ?

Its about being proud that someone from you country is at the top of his sport and getting behind him. I like to see button and coulthard both do well but there not at the thick of things.
Old 15-09-2008, 10:42 AM
Jay,
Sponsor

I meant what I said not what you said

shut up glory whore
Old 15-09-2008, 10:47 AM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by cheeky dog
i like lewis but thought the way he acted like he was unsure who won the race was a bit arogant.
Totally agree - it was arrogant & it just made him look like a twat!

THANK YOU!!!

That's exactly what I've said on here before!!!!
Old 15-09-2008, 11:02 AM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Typically lewis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2zCon5n7PI
Old 15-09-2008, 12:16 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Well said!
Old 15-09-2008, 12:20 PM
Turbocabbie
Top Cab !!

everyone who's in the spot light gives money to charity because it's all tax deductable

i'm not knocking him for just the one incident though, i'm knocking him ebcause he's all of a sudden got too big for his helmet an has that arrogant swagger about the place
Did you go to Goodwood and meet him, Did you go to any GrandPrix this year, have you been for a tour of the Mclaren Factory. ?

The fact that he shakes hands with all his Mechanics before each session and has rewarded them with gifts to appreciate their success together does not show an arrogant man, it shows someone who knows he could not get these results without others.

and now he's acting like a 4 year old who's been told he can't use the paints at nursery after some shonky driving around a corner

that's the negatives in a nice and simple to understand way

wold you care to post the world wide publicly publisised good bits that no one can argue with please and then we can have a animated conversation about the matter at hand
Lewis so far has achieved the following records in F1.

Most consecutive podiums from debut race: 9
Youngest driver to lead the World Championship: 22 years, 4 months, 8 days
Most wins in a debut season: 4
Most pole positions in a debut season: 6

Alonso left because he could not deal with not being number 1 - remember this is the man that tried to bribe Ron Dennis for number one status rather than prove he was substantially better than the person he was driving against, it was Alonzo who soured his relationship with Mclaren no one else.

How the hell did Alonzo help hamilton to a point and then when he stopped Hamilton starting driving like a nobody. Without mentioning that it was Lewis first season and as such he was likely to make mistakes especially on circuits he had never driven on, the fact that this person driving like a nobody outperformed in the same car a double world champion, a man who dethroned Schumi with knowledge of all circuits suggests to me he did pretty good in his first year.

You make wide reaching assumption based on your own blinkered opinions with nothing of evidence to back up what you state, the fact that you asked "what has he actually achived so far in his F1 career?" not to mention the very fact that you did not have knowledge of where he lives proves that you knowledge is lacking more than the factual content you never present.
Old 15-09-2008, 12:21 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Can we ban this person on the basis of this post?
Old 15-09-2008, 12:27 PM
Turbocabbie
Top Cab !!

Im a dedicated Mclaren fan, however I would love to see Jenson Button in a great car doing very well
I have a great deal of affection of DC and met him a number of times when he was a Mclaren driver, a very nice bloke imho and I still like to see him doing well.

I appreciate what you are saying, but likewise I would defend Button and DC, not to mention a Mclaren driver of any nationality if things were being said against them I feel is wrong, but there does seem to be a need in England to knock people who are British and doing well.

Its like the Khan thing, rather than hoping for the best and wanting him to go all the way, what is it about English culture that makes us enjoy him getting beat more so.
The biggest problem I have with this thread is there are people simply talking about something they know nothing about and that's so apparent to see, we have so many arm chair critics.

I just fail to see how you can call anyone arrogant unless you have met them.
Old 15-09-2008, 12:33 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Im a dedicated Mclaren fan, however I would love to see Jenson Button in a great car doing very well
I have a great deal of affection of DC and met him a number of times when he was a Mclaren driver, a very nice bloke imho and I still like to see him doing well.

I appreciate what you are saying, but likewise I would defend Button and DC, not to mention a Mclaren driver of any nationality if things were being said against them I feel is wrong, but there does seem to be a need in England to knock people who are British and doing well.

Its like the Khan thing, rather than hoping for the best and wanting him to go all the way, what is it about English culture that makes us enjoy him getting beat more so.
The biggest problem I have with this thread is there are people simply talking about something they know nothing about and that's so apparent to see, we have so many arm chair critics.

Old 15-09-2008, 12:57 PM
dojj

Did you go to Goodwood and meet him, Did you go to any GrandPrix this year, have you been for a tour of the Mclaren Factory. ?

The fact that he shakes hands with all his Mechanics before each session and has rewarded them with gifts to appreciate their success together does not show an arrogant man, it shows someone who knows he could not get these results without others.

Lewis so far has achieved the following records in F1.

Most consecutive podiums from debut race: 9
Youngest driver to lead the World Championship: 22 years, 4 months, 8 days
Most wins in a debut season: 4
Most pole positions in a debut season: 6

Alonso left because he could not deal with not being number 1 - remember this is the man that tried to bribe Ron Dennis for number one status rather than prove he was substantially better than the person he was driving against, it was Alonzo who soured his relationship with Mclaren no one else.

How the hell did Alonzo help hamilton to a point and then when he stopped Hamilton starting driving like a nobody. Without mentioning that it was Lewis first season and as such he was likely to make mistakes especially on circuits he had never driven on, the fact that this person driving like a nobody outperformed in the same car a double world champion, a man who dethroned Schumi with knowledge of all circuits suggests to me he did pretty good in his first year.

You make wide reaching assumption based on your own blinkered opinions with nothing of evidence to back up what you state, the fact that you asked "what has he actually achived so far in his F1 career?" not to mention the very fact that you did not have knowledge of where he lives proves that you knowledge is lacking more than the factual content you never present.
you see? now we can have a discussion where you can enlighten me to the "facts" that you are privy to as opposed to me reading about stuff and watchign the telly and making up m own onions about the guy based on the information gleaned via those mediums

i didn't know he shakes hands with everyone when he goes to the factory, is that common knowledge or more "glory hunting" and pandering to the cameras because it makes him look good? do you know for sure or are you just relaying information that's been passed on to you

as for "dethroning schumaker", that's a fairly silly comment to make as, from what i can remember, and feel free to correct me if i'm wrong, schumaker is still the most successfull of driver of all time and holds most, if not all, the records that need to be spoken about
plus they were never in direct comparison so you can't claim that for certain

as for where he comes from and his old man being a millionaire, the papers still list him as being from heartfordshire so where does witzerland come into all of this?
and everyone made a big song and dance about how his dad had to work 60 hours a day to earn enough money to put him through racing school, was he a millionaire then too? or has he become a millionaire because he also does a paper round to top up the money he gets from being his sons manager?

you can try and change my mind about lewis not being the be all and end all of motorsport and his arrogance starting to show through, but that's how i feel he needs to be treated, he could have all the talent in the world, but if he's a cock, then nothing can change that

your turn
Old 15-09-2008, 01:11 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

I just fail to see how you can call anyone arrogant unless you have met them.
my point is im not getting out of my armchair for lewis of what he has done so far because i believe there are several drivers on the grid that would be as good or better with the equipment he has , so should we be impressed ! not yet ! coulthard said it all about ron dennis and mclaren and ijust hope they dont ruin hamilton . I have supported ferrari for year's but the one driver i loved to beat schuey was mikka , so fuck all this he's british bullshit and patrioctic crap im mean aj supports liverpool shoudnt he support birmingham and i bet theres some people that live in liverpool that support birmingham , just because people choose not follow the national drive dont make it wrong

imo of lewis hes specail if he wasnt he wouldnt be there but a f1 megastar we will see in a few years and how he is handled
Old 15-09-2008, 01:42 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Lewis has had 10 stupendous amount of time and money thrown at him to get him where he is. As natural talent goes, he is very good but not the best. All in my humble opinion of course.

From top international karting to F1
Raikonnen 18 months
Hamilton, nearly 6 years.
Old 15-09-2008, 02:07 PM
Turbocabbie
Top Cab !!

you see? now we can have a discussion where you can enlighten me to the "facts" that you are privy to as opposed to me reading about stuff and watchign the telly and making up m own onions about the guy based on the information gleaned via those mediums

i didn't know he shakes hands with everyone when he goes to the factory, is that common knowledge or more "glory hunting" and pandering to the cameras because it makes him look good? do you know for sure or are you just relaying information that's been passed on to you
Some family's are into Football or other sports my family are huge F1 fans, my weekends are planned around Grand Prix, I have met Ron Dennis and many Mclaren drivers past and present, these observations are mine and nobody else's.
When in woking the car he always looks dreaminingly at when walking past is Ayrton's MP4/4 does it without fail, he still hero worships him.

Im truly convinced that Lewis is a young bloke living his dream and enjoying it, while not forgetting those whose life he can make a difference to, ive seen him make and effort at Goodwood to get through the crowd surrounding him to talk to a young man in a wheelchair.
When asked who his hero's are he will always reply his Ayrton and his brother who he admires so much for not letting his disability's effect his enjoyment of life.
His first desire when he became wealthy was to set up his charity to help others, yet this is often negated from comments surrounding him.

A very present young man, who is enjoying being blessed with loving parents and living his dream. He loves racing and has self belief and bravado that sometime makes him come across cocky, but he is not.

A loving family, with a talented son doing something good with his money than spanking it on drugs and drink, who show that with support and belief people can achieve is a wonderful thing especially for England.

He will make many more mistakes, but he's a great spirit and person.

as for "dethroning schumaker", that's a fairly silly comment to make as, from what i can remember, and feel free to correct me if i'm wrong, schumaker is still the most successfull of driver of all time and holds most, if not all, the records that need to be spoken about
plus they were never in direct comparison so you can't claim that for certain
You suggested that Alonzo had supported hamilton and when he stopped doing this, Hamilton drove like a nobody.. My defence to this suggestion was that he still beat Alonzo is a double world champion capable of beating Schumi.

as for where he comes from and his old man being a millionaire, the papers still list him as being from heartfordshire so where does witzerland come into all of this?
This is correct his father still resides in Hertfordshire and has incredible wealth himself due to being his sons manager, yet he has not decided to become a tax exile - If the family was only motivated by wealth why has he also not become a tax exile, could it be possibly because there is less interest in him than lewis and as such can live an normal lifestyle?
If the family which work and play togeather do not move for financial reasons what other reason do you believe Lewis could have moved to Switzerland for? A country with a small population for its size?

and everyone made a big song and dance about how his dad had to work 60 hours a day to earn enough money to put him through racing school, was he a millionaire then too? or has he become a millionaire because he also does a paper round to top up the money he gets from being his sons manager?
Why should they not be proud of working hard and having success, his father was just and average bloke, not rich, just a devoted father.. Why should they not be reaping the rewards.. they took the risks.

you can try and change my mind about lewis not being the be all and end all of motorsport and his arrogance starting to show through, but that's how i feel he needs to be treated, he could have all the talent in the world, but if he's a cock, then nothing can change that
your turn
I do not think Lewis is the be all and end all of motorsport, however I do support him as he is a Mclaren driver and I am devoted to my team.
I do however think as a Englishman watching a family who have worked hard and raised a respectful hard working confident young man who contributes to society and does a lot for charity, while still remembering the people who have helped him on his journey is a wonderful thing and something that needs celebrating as much as lewis wins.
Fair play to him and his parents for living the dream, they worked for it !

I judge people by how they are when I meet them, now what I read on the 'Internet' , 'Hello' or the press as they will present people as they see fit.

I just certain we have far worse examples of English people than Lewis Hamilton and for the first time in a while we have a real world class driver proven in many classes and many times.. yet we can not appreciate this, which is very very sad imho

Last edited by Turbocabbie; 15-09-2008 at 02:20 PM.
Old 15-09-2008, 02:11 PM
Turbocabbie
Top Cab !!

Originally Posted by xr2i-carl
Lewis has had 10 stupendous amount of time and money thrown at him to get him where he is. As natural talent goes, he is very good but not the best. All in my humble opinion of course.

Raikonnen 18 months
I agree Carl.. Raikonnen is a unique natural talent however I feel he was not given time to mature as a driver and the pressured environment of F1 was to much for this young man, I think he could have been one of the greats if developed rather than spotted and thrown in a F1 car when he was.

At least now he has won a much deserved championship, but alas I think his stats will never show how good he really is.
Old 15-09-2008, 02:17 PM
Turbocabbie
Top Cab !!

my point is im not getting out of my armchair for lewis of what he has done so far because i believe there are several drivers on the grid that would be as good or better with the equipment he has , so should we be impressed ! not yet !
Seems a fair enough comment.
Robert most certainly gets the most out of the Beemer and Vettel
Pretty certain Nelson Jr could be counted out though.

Personally I hope we are in a Goldern era of F1 where there is no definitive driver and you never know who is going to win
Old 15-09-2008, 02:49 PM
dojj

Some family's are into Football or other sports my family are huge F1 fans, my weekends are planned around Grand Prix, I have met Ron Dennis and many Mclaren drivers past and present, these observations are mine and nobody else's.
When in woking the car he always looks dreaminingly at when walking past is Ayrton's MP4/4 does it without fail, he still hero worships him.

Im truly convinced that Lewis is a young bloke living his dream and enjoying it, while not forgetting those whose life he can make a difference to, ive seen him make and effort at Goodwood to get through the crowd surrounding him to talk to a young man in a wheelchair.
When asked who his hero's are he will always reply his Ayrton and his brother who he admires so much for not letting his disability's effect his enjoyment of life.
His first desire when he became wealthy was to set up his charity to help others, yet this is often negated from comments surrounding him.

A very present young man, who is enjoying being blessed with loving parents and living his dream. He loves racing and has self belief and bravado that sometime makes him come across cocky, but he is not.

A loving family, with a talented son doing something good with his money than spanking it on drugs and drink, who show that with support and belief people can achieve is a wonderful thing especially for England.

He will make many more mistakes, but he's a great spirit and person.

You suggested that Alonzo had supported hamilton and when he stopped doing this, Hamilton drove like a nobody.. My defence to this suggestion was that he still beat Alonzo is a double world champion capable of beating Schumi.

This is correct his father still resides in Hertfordshire and has incredible wealth himself due to being his sons manager, yet he has not decided to become a tax exile - If the family was only motivated by wealth why has he also not become a tax exile, could it be possibly because there is less interest in him than lewis and as such can live an normal lifestyle?
If the family which work and play togeather do not move for financial reasons what other reason do you believe Lewis could have moved to Switzerland for? A country with a small population for its size?

Why should they not be proud of working hard and having success, his father was just and average bloke, not rich, just a devoted father.. Why should they not be reaping the rewards.. they took the risks.

I do not think Lewis is the be all and end all of motorsport, however I do support him as he is a Mclaren driver and I am devoted to my team.
I do however think as a Englishman watching a family who have worked hard and raised a respectful hard working confident young man who contributes to society and does a lot for charity, while still remembering the people who have helped him on his journey is a wonderful thing and something that needs celebrating as much as lewis wins.
Fair play to him and his parents for living the dream, they worked for it !

I judge people by how they are when I meet them, now what I read on the 'Internet' , 'Hello' or the press as they will present people as they see fit.

I just certain we have far worse examples of English people than Lewis Hamilton and for the first time in a while we have a real world class driver proven in many classes and many times.. yet we can not appreciate this, which is very very sad imho
fair play mate, you have your reasons and have explained them well and have given me an insight into what things are like from your point of view and i shall stop giving him such a hard time based on my preivious views

but i'll still give hima hard time because i think he deserved the penalty he got last weekend
Old 15-09-2008, 03:23 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

Originally Posted by xr2i-carl

Raikonnen 18 months
so you are saying Raikonnen is a better driver now? he's been awful this year IMO.

Lewis has shown time and time again he is very talented, he does have a few flaws that he can iron out admittedly, but at least he is up there at the very top of the sport making the most of it...he has the ability to be the most succesful F1 driver of all time, and that's not pushing it too far.
Old 15-09-2008, 03:30 PM
jammy86

it would of been to get away from some of the clueless, gormless, bellends in his own country who can show no loyalty to a fellow countryman
So true. I'm sure I saw an interview where he said he was sick of people trying to race him at the lights and stuff....

JAmes.
Old 15-09-2008, 03:33 PM
Turbocabbie
Top Cab !!

Originally Posted by bud-weis
so you are saying Raikonnen is a better driver now? he's been awful this year IMO.
Im not sure what happened to Kimi this year, im not aware if this years short wheelbase Ferrari is not to his liking at all, or if he find lack of traction control an issue, but he most certainly is not driving in a manner which he is capable off, I just think its really odd how his form has dipped so much
Old 15-09-2008, 03:38 PM
Moonstone Kev

Quoted from Budwise "he has the ability to be the most successful F1 driver of all time, and that's not pushing it too far."

Not in a million years m8, he won't even get close to the great Michael Schumacher's records that he set
Old 15-09-2008, 03:38 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by bud-weis

Lewis has shown time and time again he is very talented, he does have a few flaws that he can iron out admittedly, but at least he is up there at the very top of the sport making the most of it...he has the ability to be the most succesful F1 driver of all time, and that's not pushing it too far.

Alonso is an amazing driver... a double world champion!

and he could not handle Lewis in the same machinery.... and that was Lewis's rookie year.

The guy is the fooking nuts and has pretty much on his own reignited the publics interest in F1...

why?

because he is fucking good, GENUINELY world class and he is a really really aggresive racer!

what he did this year at Monaco, Silverstone and Spa was INCREDIBLE... the end!

Last edited by Porkie; 15-09-2008 at 03:42 PM.
Old 15-09-2008, 03:41 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I agree Carl.. Raikonnen is a unique natural talent however I feel he was not given time to mature as a driver and the pressured environment of F1 was to much for this young man, I think he could have been one of the greats if developed rather than spotted and thrown in a F1 car when he was.

At least now he has won a much deserved championship, but alas I think his stats will never show how good he really is.
Not really, he was supreme in a sauber and was supreme in a mclaren, should be triple world champion by now. Well at least double. He pushed schumi to the wire in 2003. 2005 was his year. He eclisped Alonso totally and if it wasnt for so many car failures in races (he was leading) and in qualifying which demoted him ten places several times that year, he would clearly have blitzed Alonso.

He is not on 100% form this year for sure. But he was fast at the end of the race at monza.

it seems now more than ever a cars set-up can be affected by weather change and climate conditions during a 1.5 hr race.

Look at Lewis, one minute he was on it, then he wasnt. The cars are very suceptable to condition changes and affect the cars performance dramatically during a race.

This is more evident in with ferrari and maclaren as there at the top But does affect each car/driver combination differently.

I do agree that Kimi's results do not back up what a supreme talent he was.
Old 15-09-2008, 03:43 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by Moonstone Kev
Quoted from Budwise "he has the ability to be the most successful F1 driver of all time, and that's not pushing it too far."

Not in a million years m8, he won't even get close to the great Michael Schumacher's records that he set

why not? he is WELL on track!!!
Old 15-09-2008, 03:48 PM
sbd16v
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Porkie

what he did this year at Monaco, Silverstone and Spa was INCREDIBLE... the end!
agreed

he drove from 15'th behind a farrari to 7th to finish one place behind another farrari

quick check how many places either farrari gained in the exact same conditions.

maybe he is arogent, maybe the media make him look more arogent than he is, but the bottom line is when he is in a race car he is one of the best on the track
Old 15-09-2008, 04:05 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sbd16v
agreed

he drove from 15'th behind a farrari to 7th to finish one place behind another farrari

quick check how many places either farrari gained in the exact same conditions.

maybe he is arogent, maybe the media make him look more arogent than he is, but the bottom line is when he is in a race car he is one of the best on the track

and had it rained like was predicted ( which mclaren held out for ) then no doubt lew would have won the race

Quick Reply: Todays F1 Grand prix is set to be a BELTER!!!!!!!