General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

New Focus RS

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 05:38 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Focus RS

Hey Dudes

Just went to my local dealer to find out about deposits on the New RS, He said they are not taking deposits until a proper price has been confirmed for the motor.

However he gave me a Call back sheet to fill out. The options for the RS seemed confusing.

Full Leather
Bluetooth
Sat Nav
Lux Pack

Now i'm guessing (don't hold me to this) that the Lux pack is pretty much all three and i bet it'll be about £2000/£2500 for that option.

I have a feeling the new RS price will be around £23K. We all know that Autocar have said it will be sub 25k but pricing the car £24.995 (is what alot of people think ford will do) will be just plain stupid because no one will be willing to pay £27K fully optioned FWD Focus and it doesn't seem affordable at all.

I'm just really confused about how this will work because it will no way be worth £5k more than the ST.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsAr...llCars/224098/

That article (from 2007) has been pretty precise and i think they maybe right with it being priced from 21K to 23K.

I also asked about Privilege scheme on the RS and he said its a 50/50 chance. He stated that as this model will not be a loss leader, If it does not appear on Privilege straight away on production it will most likely appear on the scheme a year or so later.

Whats your guys views on Pricing on this car? I personally think that Ford need to make it a little cheaper than 25K to sell.

I'll be happy to pay 23K for a standard car or 25K with the Option Lux pack!!!