General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

My New Toy (Pics).............Love it or Hate it

Search this Thread

Old 21-09-2008, 11:40 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Green
Well, Over 1,000 miles of spirited driving has passed (Portsmouth - Hull, Hull - Middlesboro, Middlesboro - Goodwood, Goodwood - Portsmouth, and plenty of driving around in between) and the TVR is proving herself as reliable as any car I've had. Engine takes everything in it's stride and hour after hour both sat at 90mph and also sat in traffic with no problems at all.

Mod's to ensure her reliability are ongoing......(Teflon Braided Fuel lines throughout, Wiring Loom improvements, brake pad changes, and rubber seal replacements) are all going as programmed, and so far no problems learing the car. And anyone who says these things don't handle..........well, I guess it's all relative, but believe me they go where they're pointed with very little fuss. It's a car that you need to understand to drive propertly, and not suited to anyone who has no mechanical or track style driving knowledge.
Awesome!
Old 21-09-2008, 12:20 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Sounds greeat so far Jim
Old 21-09-2008, 03:07 PM
blacky.
BANNED
BANNED

Well, Over 1,000 miles of spirited driving has passed (Portsmouth - Hull, Hull - Middlesboro, Middlesboro - Goodwood, Goodwood - Portsmouth, and plenty of driving around in between) and the TVR is proving herself as reliable as any car I've had. Engine takes everything in it's stride and hour after hour both sat at 90mph and also sat in traffic with no problems at all.

Mod's to ensure her reliability are ongoing......(Teflon Braided Fuel lines throughout, Wiring Loom improvements, brake pad changes, and rubber seal replacements) are all going as programmed, and so far no problems learing the car. And anyone who says these things don't handle..........well, I guess it's all relative, but believe me they go where they're pointed with very little fuss. It's a car that you need to understand to drive propertly, and not suited to anyone who has no mechanical or track style driving knowledge.

sounds like you have a good one think the last one i seen was on the side of the A1 after the bonnet fell off lol
P.S what did you make the long haul to the shit hole that is boro for
Old 21-09-2008, 03:40 PM
Jim Green
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Blacky : It's my home town...............originally, so visiting the old mum who still lives in Guisborough.

The good thing is abit like having a Cosworth.............Plenty of spares available from written off ones.
Old 21-09-2008, 03:47 PM
Jim Green
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Staffi
Glad you,re enjoying it Jim, hope all stays well with it...
Thank's Pete................Been keeping up to date with your programme for the Cossie, and I believe at the moment you've made the right decision............by letting Mark play with the cams and a re-map.

Like any enthusiast car, they can be a total money pit. She has everything on her to keep the engine reliable, and a reliable fast road/track day car. Let Mark have a play, and then enjoy her for what she is. There isn't alot that's going to keep up with you as she is now.

Sensible Decision. There's always the future.
Old 21-09-2008, 03:48 PM
blacky.
BANNED
BANNED

Blacky : It's my home town...............originally, so visiting the old mum who still lives in Guisborough.
not far from us you should have poped in lol
Old 21-09-2008, 03:52 PM
Jim Green
PassionFord Post Troll

I'll drop you a PM next time.............Mum's abit too old to know which are the "In Places"......LOL
Old 21-09-2008, 03:55 PM
blacky.
BANNED
BANNED

lol not a problem mate if its on a weekend we are normaly at wennys fixing cosworths im sure you remember what thats like lol
Old 21-09-2008, 04:33 PM
Jim Green
PassionFord Post Troll

Don't mind fixing "other peoples" Cosworths............that's not expensive.

As long as they have a few tins in the fridge.
Old 21-09-2008, 07:37 PM
blacky.
BANNED
BANNED

Don't mind fixing "other peoples" Cosworths............that's not expensive.

As long as they have a few tins in the fridge.
a few come on the lads get through a 24 pack most weds when we are up there lol

& if we catch ginge (paul16v) without a can in his hand we no there is something up
Old 21-09-2008, 08:28 PM
andyescos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Yep............That what the later TVR's were all about. Built for petrolheads.

Exactly what I've been trying to tell people for months now! Here's my Cerb, so far I've done 500 miles no worries so the whole "breaking down" thing is slowly becoming a distant memory.

Old 21-09-2008, 08:41 PM
rsnissan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

What year is the Cerb Andy ?

P.S nice work Jim glad its all going well so far how does the pace compare with the cossie on the road?
Old 21-09-2008, 08:54 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

I LOVE it Jim!!

i've bought an M5 now, i'm following in your footsteps
Old 21-09-2008, 09:40 PM
Jim Green
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by rsnissan
What year is the Cerb Andy ?

P.S nice work Jim glad its all going well so far how does the pace compare with the cossie on the road?
Performance figues differ so much, as do the actual BHP of the engines, there's definately good ones and bad ones out there, but Auto Car managed 0 - 60 in 3.8 and 0 - 100 in 8.3, and accelerate to 100mph faster than a Porsche GT3, and 180 mph plus, so they're not slow. As for my old Cosworth, I'd guess there's very little in it either way, but the TVR seems to put the power down better. Could be just down to the tyres though.

ANDY : Now those are even faster...........very little will keep up with a good Cerbera. My brother in law has one, and it's amazing. As for me...........I just prefered the looks of the Tuscan, but the cerbera is definately the faster. As usual..............all reliability problems draw more attention than the fact that more go right...........than wrong.

Last edited by Jim Green; 30-10-2008 at 01:53 AM.
Old 21-09-2008, 09:41 PM
Jim Green
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by bud-weis
I LOVE it Jim!!

i've bought an M5 now, i'm following in your footsteps
M5 is a great choice, the definitive performance super saloon, I know you won't be dissapointed. A car I'd always be willing to return too.

Get some pics up.
Old 22-09-2008, 09:36 PM
andyescos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Performance figues differ so much, as do the actual BHP of the engines, there's definately good ones and bad ones out there, but Auto Car managed 0 - 60 in 3.8 and 0 - 100 in 8.1, and accelerate to 100mph faster than a Porsche GT3, and 180 mph plus, so they're not slow. As for my old Cosworth, I'd guess there's very little in it either way, but the TVR seems to put the power down better. Could be just down to the tyres though.

ANDY : Now those are even faster...........very little will keep up with a good Cerbera. My brother in law has one, and it's amazing. As for me...........I just prefered the looks of the Tuscan, but the cerbera is definately the faster. As usual..............all reliability problems draw more attention than the fact that more go right...........than wrong.
Tuscans are still pretty quick! I love the interior on em too, all the billet alloy bits on the dash are sweet. I'm going to get one in January to sit next to the Cerb in the garage. One of the things I love about the Cerb is how long and low it is, you look in the shop window reflection and it amazes me everytime how low I am! Does the rear window come down on yours? I need to see more pics!

Glad you love it.
Old 23-09-2008, 07:40 PM
Jim Green
PassionFord Post Troll

It's quick enough for me, standard 4.0ltr puts out around 350 -360bhp, and the Red Rose Engine around 380bhp, so the power to weight ratio is (1100kg makes it a damned fast car). Bearing in mind a 3dr Cossie weighs in at around 1250kg, it should be about the same performance as a 420bhp Cossie. Maybe someone could work out what power the cosworth would need to give the same power to weight ratio...... I'm guessing somewhere between 400 - 420bhp.

Tuscan Red Rose : 1100kg - 380bhp =

Cosworth : 1275kg - ???bhp =

Rear Window : It just unclips (Clips are hidden behind the leading edge of the boot) and it then stow's in the boot.

Last edited by Jim Green; 23-09-2008 at 08:09 PM.