General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Those who watch Dragons Den

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 02:07 PM
dvid
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Those who watch Dragons Den

Has that stoney faced bint ever given any money?! I have only really started watching it this series and am yet to see her invest or even show an interest in anyone!
Old 02-09-2008, 02:12 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Not watch this series, but yes she has in the past.
Old 02-09-2008, 02:13 PM
john16v
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

She has once I think this series but that was in partnership with another dragon IIRC.
Old 02-09-2008, 02:15 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I fail to see why Deborah or Duncan are on the series. Both sour faced and boring
Old 02-09-2008, 02:17 PM
CossieRob
PassionFord Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was with the girlfriends family watching the last one and we all said that! just reckon she stands in front of the mirror thinking up new ways of getting to the "i'm out" bit! sour faced wench!
Old 02-09-2008, 02:19 PM
Robski
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

shes a right old trout sniffer that one...last night she said about some invention "i can't invest in this,as i hate the use of unnecessary plastic"..i thought to myself,some f***ing plastic surgery on your mush wouldn't be unnecessary in the slightest!
Old 02-09-2008, 02:31 PM
Nash_mr2
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

she tends to only invest if someone invests with her, and thats normally Theo Pathetis - she is a very tight old cow and she doesnt seem to ever have a good word to say about anything.

i haeard the comment the other day about un-nessacary plasitc and i too was like WTF what a stupid excuse to not put your hand in your pocket - tight cow.

Duncan Bannatyne makes me laugh, he got torn a new one the other day while trying to rip someones invention apart (the skirting board radiator) the inventor came back with some great answers and made bannatyne look a cock.........needless to say he didnt get an investment but it was funny
Old 02-09-2008, 02:56 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't get why they slag some people of for wanting there weight and judgment in the business world aswell as the money??

Surely, that is the whole point of going to the dragons and not the bank??

BUT I really don't get it when someone has NO CHANCE of getting their business of the ground, but ` dragon clearly has the contacts to make it big - why not give 50% away, better to have half of a big thing than all of nout??

Personally i would love to work with Peter and theo (sp)
Old 02-09-2008, 03:13 PM
chris85uk1
Regular Contributor

Yeh it always makes me wonder why shes there as you never see her invest in anything and she always puts people down with daft excuses, wasnt she bankrupt herself at somepoint? or am i getting mixed up with someone else??
Old 02-09-2008, 03:50 PM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by CossieRich
I fail to see why Deborah or Duncan are on the series. Both sour faced and boring
I agree that Deborah is boring but Duncan on the other hand makes me laugh - especially when he goes off on one
Old 02-09-2008, 04:11 PM
Nath
10K+ Poster!!

Just picture her naked, if that doesn't make you laugh, nothing will
Old 02-09-2008, 04:21 PM
pa_sjo
Colossal Pervert

I had a dream about her a week or two ago

She was very 'mummy', but still put out
Old 02-09-2008, 04:30 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

hi i'm deborah...and i'm out.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:44 PM
Red16
10K+ Poster!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nash_mr2
Duncan Bannatyne makes me laugh, he got torn a new one the other day while trying to rip someones invention apart (the skirting board radiator) the inventor came back with some great answers and made bannatyne look a cock.........needless to say he didnt get an investment but it was funny
Haha... how good was the radiator bloke, he was extremely composed and quick witted

I thought his idea was a great one, was suprised when nodoby invested in it.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:20 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by chris85uk1
wasnt she bankrupt herself at somepoint? or am i getting mixed up with someone else??
You're thinking of the previous token female. Found this on http://www.theinternetforum.co.uk/bbc/dragonsden.html

Rachel Elnaugh's company, Red Letter Days, went into administration just after the second series was recorded. Some assets of Red Letter Days have been bought by Peter Jones and another dragon.

Two individuals who were promised funding by Rachel Elnaugh in series one of Dragons' Den have not received all the investment promised.

Elizabeth Galton, a jewellery designer, was promised Ł55,000 for a 15% stake in her company by Ms Elnaugh on the show. They then fell out over payment for a Ł3,000 designer necklace that Ms Elnaugh used in a photo-shoot and Ms Galton never received the promised investment.

Paddy Radcliffe, of Snowbone, a company making attachments for snowboards, is still looking for investors after Ms Elnaugh decided not to put up the full Ł75,000 she promised on the show for a third of the business.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:56 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Iain Mac
You're thinking of the previous token female. Found this on http://www.theinternetforum.co.uk/bbc/dragonsden.html

Rachel Elnaugh's company, Red Letter Days, went into administration just after the second series was recorded. Some assets of Red Letter Days have been bought by Peter Jones and another dragon.

Two individuals who were promised funding by Rachel Elnaugh in series one of Dragons' Den have not received all the investment promised.

Elizabeth Galton, a jewellery designer, was promised Ł55,000 for a 15% stake in her company by Ms Elnaugh on the show. They then fell out over payment for a Ł3,000 designer necklace that Ms Elnaugh used in a photo-shoot and Ms Galton never received the promised investment.

Paddy Radcliffe, of Snowbone, a company making attachments for snowboards, is still looking for investors after Ms Elnaugh decided not to put up the full Ł75,000 she promised on the show for a third of the business.
the bitch

but being bought out by other dragons is

deb meadon is just there to make the others look good, why do you think peter sits so far away and theo sits right next to her
Old 02-09-2008, 06:00 PM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Nash_mr2

Fail to see how he got torn a new one...he's a multi millionaire with an awesome lifestyle, the bloke who ripped him a couple of smartarse answers has sunk 400k of his own cash into a business thats making a loss and is on its arse with no investors.

Awesome example of NOT ripping Duncan a new arse
Old 02-09-2008, 06:43 PM
rs1072
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by CossieRich
Old 02-09-2008, 06:50 PM
ballin
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I think they are all great, nothing against Deborah at all
Old 03-09-2008, 07:57 AM
Nash_mr2
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by Mondeo Man
Fail to see how he got torn a new one...he's a multi millionaire with an awesome lifestyle, the bloke who ripped him a couple of smartarse answers has sunk 400k of his own cash into a business thats making a loss and is on its arse with no investors.

Awesome example of NOT ripping Duncan a new arse
^^^ i agree with what your saying, but some people feel intimidated by duncan when he starts unleashing on them, this guy didnt, he gave as good if not better than he got. he stood up to him.

One of the best ones i heard was from peter jones a few series back - some lads had a Dating website idea for business people, they were getting a bit cocky with the dragons and said to peter "so we'll expect to see you signed up on there then peter?" - Peter replied "I dont need to use dating websites, 1 - Because i'm good looking and 2 - Becuase i'm extremely rich!" ......they didnt recieve and investment LOL