General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Evolution Chips dealers

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 09:19 AM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evolution Chips dealers

How are sales going for you guys at the moment?
Old 07-08-2008, 12:04 PM
GTechR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by SapphyMike
How are sales going for you guys at the moment?
Slowly
Old 07-08-2008, 12:08 PM
AlexF
10K+ Poster!!

Looking ok my way.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:15 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

i think you will get out what you put in - there seem to be plenty of people out there interested in remaps if you can point out the benefits to them, especially fuel economy benefits that my customers have seen improve by 10% on turbo diesels.

you just need to get word out about evolution chips, as to be honest they are not as well known as superchips, ABT etc. the sales brochures from evolution chips should help
Old 07-08-2008, 12:20 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

do you guys just sell the chip's or actually install and set-up the car afterwards?
Old 07-08-2008, 12:23 PM
Bobby Singh
PassionFord Post Troll

Its ok but i dont think i'll be giving up the day job just yet. But it does take time for the word to spread etc.

Cheers
Old 07-08-2008, 12:25 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by foreigneRS
the sales brochures from evolution chips should help
Bit of a nosey question, but do you have sales brochures, or are you waiting on them.. I just know a designer who would jump at the chance to do them for a good price.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:26 PM
Bobby Singh
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by CossieRich
do you guys just sell the chip's or actually install and set-up the car afterwards?
Not sure about the others by I send ECU's to MSD that require "chips" - flashing is possible.

I normally do some data logging on a remapped car after but everything has been perfect so far.

Last edited by Bobby Singh; 07-08-2008 at 12:31 PM.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:27 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

no actual chip involved rich - just a reflash of the ecu via the diagnostic port. read all baout it at http://www.pinsharpauto.co.uk/what.htm
Old 07-08-2008, 12:28 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
Bit of a nosey question, but do you have sales brochures, or are you waiting on them.. I just know a designer who would jump at the chance to do them for a good price.
i have some already, stu has had them printed up and they are very smart sorry.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:40 PM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Thanks for the replies

How many do you reckon you do a month on average of flashes?
Old 07-08-2008, 02:45 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Even our bussiest dealers are slowing a little. There is NOBODY in the motor trade that would tell you the credit crunch hasnt affected them at all sadly. Remapping is a luxury market thus making it a tricky one to gauge, but our busiest dealers have NEVER dropped below 20 tunes per month and we expect them to stay above this level.

As with any business though its all about advertising. If you dont, you cant expect any business. Period.

As for this topic, i expect that If you called any tuner in the UK and asked them how much a month they earn, i imagine you would get a frosty reception Mike, the same reception i imagine you would give if some stranger asked you.

Why do you ask?

Last edited by Stu @ M Developments; 07-08-2008 at 02:59 PM.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:46 PM
AlexF
10K+ Poster!!

Good reply stu...

Alex
Old 07-08-2008, 02:49 PM
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Incidentally - Stu, do you do the flash mapping for the Mitsubishi L200, can't find it on your site (2.5 TD Mk4 (04 reg)
Old 07-08-2008, 02:51 PM
The DIVA
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I only officially started trading recently despite having had a genius for a while,but i have had a lot of enquiries in the last few days which will hopefully turn into real customers..........despite the fact that liverpool is flooded with wannabe tuners undercutting each other with various systems

I am selling them on the quality angle and the customer support,which i don`t think can be beaten,especially by the back street no hopers
Old 07-08-2008, 03:07 PM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Again, thanks for the replies.

If anyone asked me then i'd answer it

I am just looking at whether its worth the cost right now, especially with the credit crunch.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:09 PM
DanCossie
Post Whore

Same with any self employed sort of thing..... You get out what you put in Mike
Old 07-08-2008, 03:12 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by foreigneRS
point out the benefits to them, especially fuel economy benefits that my customers have seen improve by 10% on turbo diesels.
Thats what I'd be doing... less of the go faster, more of the go further
Old 07-08-2008, 03:16 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Sadly, a lot of people are brain washed. I was on an Astra forum when I was thinking of buying a Diesel and when I suggested a Remap from Motorsport develepmonts I was slated. I recieved a PM like the following.

'Hi mate, our company can take the 100ps Astra to 180bhp with a tuning box, 30-40bhp isn't much for the price'.

So he offered me an 80% Power increase, which all his customers had and where impressed with. Which we all should know is impossible. If you had a demo car, gave out a few free remaps in return for using there car at RR days, promotions etc, showing them how good your map is, or how bad theres is you would get lots of custom I think.

Benni.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:22 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Originally Posted by Porkie
Thats what I'd be doing... less of the go faster, more of the go further
i'm hoping that the advertising taken out by Evolution Chips in the future brings this to the fore, as any advertising that i do myself will.

i am looking at the taxi and airport car business, as well the towing market (caravans, boats, horse etc - those people always have money)
Old 07-08-2008, 09:09 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

I am just looking at whether its worth the cost right now, especially with the credit crunch.
Is your trading area still available Mike? I dont know your postcode but check you dont have a dealer within 15mile as thats the area we offer our dealers. Its been a long time since we spoke and things may have changed.

Its true that we have concentrated on advertising Motorsport Developments too much and Evolution Chips too little. We have had the Evolution chips brand for 8 years now and most of you would be amazed who supplies our chips regularly, but we were happy to let them brand them as their own as long as we had the sales. It was a mistake from a marketing point of view, but a goal from a sales point of view. A marketting genius i am not, but i am learning and the tables are turning.

As for business, we have plenty of Mobile dealers who live purely off remaps and they do just fine, but if your expecting the work to roll in without you advertising, then your going to struggle. Of course, this is also dependant on how much you need to be comfortable.

For our part of the advertising we are about to do a new run of adverts in one of the mainstreams (will decide which one this weekend i expect) to replace one ive dropped due to poor performance, thus bringing our full page advertisement run back up to a compliment of five strong selling audience targeted magazines. Also, our new 2008 corporate Branding and free 8 page matt laminated retail brochure is now complete and it has been rolled out to all dealers along with the option of a 3m workshop/wall banner. It will be followed by some large posters to draw atention to your brochures on the counter that should be ready for distribution next week.

It all helps bring in business of course but you need to be advertising your own company as opposed to relying on a product manufacturer who is marketing you as a reseller because often these things are bought by people who didnt even know they were elligible and thus were not actually looking for the product.

Evolution Chips turnover has more than doubled in the last 12 months and we have just invested in a high tech telephone system to cope better with the demand. Remapping is strong in the UK and the Evolution Chips brand is building fast. We take on at least one extra agent per week and every one adds more brand awareness along the way. The business is what you make of it mate, no point really asking others how they are doing and using it as an indication of brand strength unless you know the strength of their individual marketing strategy.

Plus, we offer more support and unique selling points than ANY other remapping company in Europe IMO.

Last edited by Stu @ M Developments; 07-08-2008 at 09:21 PM.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:26 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Whats involved to become a dealer? and could the dealer run it as a part time jobby outside his/hers main line of work
Old 07-08-2008, 09:30 PM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

ive been tempted myself,,, just too busy to sort anything about it out!
Old 07-08-2008, 10:18 PM
SAFFYCOSSIE
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Me and my mate mark, RSDEANY of here. Have just become agents yesterday and have spent all night doing posters, cards ect. Like others have said i think its what you put in as to how much you get out. I must say though, really impressed by the service and help of stu and kenny so far. Really professional. Cheers guys.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:50 PM
NEIL A
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Again, thanks for the replies.

If anyone asked me then i'd answer it

Im in the same situation Mike looking at Stu's map on his site there is no one for the whole East of Scotland , but was waiting to hear feedback from a few people first.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:26 PM
Doby
Banned

I dont know how we are doin..LOL not asked them but its a very small part of our business.

Sapphymike why are you advertising as a dealer when you are not one??
http://anotherfordforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=762 and http://www.chipmycar.co.uk/or is this not you?
Old 07-08-2008, 11:45 PM
rst deany
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SAFFYCOSSIE
Me and my mate mark, RSDEANY of here. Have just become agents yesterday and have spent all night doing posters, cards ect. Like others have said i think its what you put in as to how much you get out. I must say though, really impressed by the service and help of stu and kenny so far. Really professional. Cheers guys.
Tell me about doing posters wen pub open is not good but u have to put the effort in to see the rewards.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:55 PM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Doby
I dont know how we are doin..LOL not asked them but its a very small part of our business.

Sapphymike why are you advertising as a dealer when you are not one??
http://anotherfordforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=762 and http://www.chipmycar.co.uk/or is this not you?
it is me, but EvolutionChips arent the only remap suppliers in the world you know, and I dont mention them anywhere.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:15 AM
Doby
Banned

oh i see sorry mate.Just got wires crossed thinking you was advertising evo chips but not a dealer sorry.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:35 AM
Mark_w
Advanced PassionFord User

While all you evolution chips dealers are in one place

https://passionford.com/forum/showth...20#post3485320

regards mark
Old 08-08-2008, 10:30 AM
Bobby Singh
PassionFord Post Troll

Mark sent u a PM mate thanks
Old 08-08-2008, 10:31 AM
Mark_w
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by Bobby Singh
Mark sent u a PM mate thanks

pm back to you
Old 08-08-2008, 10:55 AM
Garage19
PassionFord Post Troll

Stu, i think it is a perfectly fair question to ask. He might be thinking about becoming a dealer. It would be stupid of him not to do his homework before investing.

Originally Posted by Stu @ M Developments
Even our bussiest dealers are slowing a little. There is NOBODY in the motor trade that would tell you the credit crunch hasnt affected them at all sadly. Remapping is a luxury market thus making it a tricky one to gauge, but our busiest dealers have NEVER dropped below 20 tunes per month and we expect them to stay above this level.

As with any business though its all about advertising. If you dont, you cant expect any business. Period.

As for this topic, i expect that If you called any tuner in the UK and asked them how much a month they earn, i imagine you would get a frosty reception Mike, the same reception i imagine you would give if some stranger asked you.

Why do you ask?
Old 08-08-2008, 11:08 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Originally Posted by Garage19
Stu, i think it is a perfectly fair question to ask. He might be thinking about becoming a dealer. It would be stupid of him not to do his homework before investing.
Of course he needs to do his homework, but I ask you this: If someone:

A) Posted on a public forum and asked you to divulge your monthly earnings, but didnt say why.

B) Called you personally and asked you to divulge your monthly earnings and explained why, whilst assuring you he was'nt going to try and take customers from your area.

Which would you be most likely to answer honestly? Do you see where i am going?
Old 08-08-2008, 11:30 AM
GTechR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

We've been discussing this today, we are looking at doing a mailshoot to the comercial lads ie Vito, Sprinter owners etc...

Stu I may be contacting you soon for some more Brouchers...
Old 08-08-2008, 11:49 AM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Fair comment Stu. didnt think it through properly.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:47 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Big G
Whats involved to become a dealer? and could the dealer run it as a part time jobby outside his/hers main line of work
Anybody?
Old 08-08-2008, 08:21 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Originally Posted by Big G
Hi,
Not really G, we want people who are in the remapping / garage trade and will be strengthening the brand by using the equipment and bringing the revenue in every week.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:22 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Originally Posted by GTechR
Stu I may be contacting you soon for some more Brouchers...
No problem at all, got thousands in stock and they are yours to use as you wish pal.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:30 PM
RWD Pete
Banned
BANNED

Originally Posted by DanCossie
Same with any self employed sort of thing..... You get out what you put in Mike

Totally agree mate

Quick Reply: Evolution Chips dealers