General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

new rs

Search this Thread

Old 25-07-2008, 11:14 AM
THE RADMAN
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default new rs

do you think the new rs will end up classed like the series 1 and 2 turbos?
ie the series one has always been regarded as the "best" with its heritage and the series two more of a marketing/sales exercise [no disrespect to owners]

will folk class the orig focus as the "best" one with its sparco/brembo/oz gear and the new one as just another marketing sales exercise?
if so i think that in 5/6 yrs time the new one will be down to the same price as the orig one is now as there will be twice as many around if ford do sell 9000 of them that they hope for,there will be no supply/demand to keep the prices high,what do you reckon?
Old 25-07-2008, 11:20 AM
FastFordChris
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think with the way tax/petrol and not to mention interest rates are ford are going to struggle even more to sell such a car, much like the rs200 was in the 80's

whether the focus rs will have the same sort of following the older rst's did is yet to be seen but going by how the mk1 frs has been i think it may just happen, although saying that back in the 80/90's ford had the cosworth as the flagship rs which ford doesnt have now.
Old 25-07-2008, 12:19 PM
Ad4m RST
BANNED
BANNED

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by THE RADMAN
ie the series one has always been regarded as the "best" with its heritage and the series two more of a marketing/sales exercise [no disrespect to owners]
This time round the engine is so much better so not comparable with series 1&2, but as said with petrol & tax it's pretty much all relative

I'd still prefer an old RS, but this ones growing on me......slowly

Old 25-07-2008, 01:13 PM
Turbocabbie
Top Cab !!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by THE RADMAN
Could be the other way round like the Escos is less desirable than a 3 Door in many peoples eyes. [no disrespect to owners]
Its not always technically the better vehicle which is preferred