General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Radio control helicopters

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2004, 08:46 AM
Martyn
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Radio control helicopters

Any experts on here?!
Some bloke at work brought one and tried it once but was too scared to learn how to fly it
So hes given me it for the week to work it all out......
I get to the point where its just about to lift off the floor and it then just suddenly shoots in a random direction and crashes
Also, it seems to be having problems staying straight when the main rotor builds up, i have to give it alot on the rear one to keep it pointing straight.
Ive tried adjusting all the trims but cant seem to make it stay straight.
Am I right in thinking that once its all setup properly that you should be able to give the main rotor some power and it will lift off and hover, or are you supposed to be constantly adjusting everything?!
Only had it since yesterday and my knowledge of them is very limited as yet.... its certainly not as easy as my nitro car
Old 01-11-2004, 09:00 AM
Paddy
Legend

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

mate put up a pic, those things are is it one of the piccolo training things? I tried one of them once and a tiny bit of rotor and it lifted off
they're a bloody nightmare to control though. I think you can get a training thing on CD rom from whoever make that one

where we used to go kite buggying up at epsom downs [I am a saddo, I know ], there was an old bloke with an R/C chinook
Old 01-11-2004, 09:16 AM
essexrsturbo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

these things are cool
Old 01-11-2004, 09:18 AM
Martyn
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah the bloke who brought it got a cd and cable to connect it to a pc so u can use the software trainer, im going to get that off him tomorrow!

The one he got is a dragonfly, was only about 80 quid off ebay, about 2 foot long, so perfect for in the lounge once u master the thing!
Very similar to this one: