General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Well done Croft organisers.

Search this Thread

Old 30-06-2008, 09:55 AM
Tim
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lambchop
im NOT gonna be tarred by this brush forever!
yes good to meet up and perhaps you can take me out one day and prove im not a jinx

nice to meet you mate
And what happened to us a few years back lmao,you nearly did us both in lol
Old 30-06-2008, 09:56 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by maxest
It was but i was there on the saturday, and mine wasnt stripped out,, i was parked next to toughy's 22B,, and a green vauxhall combo van
Ah different clio.
So many french cars and jap cars at these ford events its hard to keep track of them all.
If you were in a cossie it would have been easier to identify you

Lambchop, no worries mate, at least if something does go wrong, i'll have someone to blame
Old 30-06-2008, 09:58 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Tim
And what happened to us a few years back lmao,you nearly did us both in lol

fuck me. it was your shonky tyres and/or driving i reckon! pmsl!
Old 30-06-2008, 09:59 AM
Chip

fuck me. it was your shonky tyres and/or driving i reckon! pmsl!
seems to me like you always have an excuse as to why ALL these crashes you are involved in are NEVER your fault, at least own up to it
Old 30-06-2008, 10:03 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Originally Posted by Chip
seems to me like you always have an excuse as to why ALL these crashes you are involved in are NEVER your fault, at least own up to it

luckily this wasnt a crash but we were heading for the wall at one point and saved it
Old 30-06-2008, 12:45 PM
Spiky
Professional Waffler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

chops, we survived a session

was an awesome weekend, did track for both days, with only one tiny problem that was fixed within 30 mins with cans of carling..pmsl

did 210miles on track and used around 90-100 quids worth of fuel

max, that was a great battle , really cool, shame the rest of the clio's could match you, as i passed them fairly easily

great to meed the irish lads, micky, and thanks for the jubille clips for the my exhaust
Old 30-06-2008, 12:48 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Originally Posted by Spiky

i saw your name and before i read that i clicked that i had a great no hassle session with you. that proves im not a jinx!

LOVED the puggy on track and it goes like shit! cheers again for the ride
Old 30-06-2008, 12:51 PM
Spiky
Professional Waffler

i saw your name and before i read that i clicked that i had a great no hassle session with you. that proves im not a jinx!

LOVED the puggy on track and it goes like shit! cheers again for the ride

we probably not going fast enough to crash

it's great taking passengers, EVERYone is welcome, well execpt ANDY R
Old 30-06-2008, 12:53 PM
maxest
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

was an awesome weekend, did track for both days, with only one tiny problem that was fixed within 30 mins with cans of carling..pmsl

did 210miles on track and used around 90-100 quids worth of fuel

max, that was a great battle , really cool, shame the rest of the clio's could match you, as i passed them fairly easily

great to meed the irish lads, micky, and thanks for the jubille clips for the my exhaust
We had a good doo didnt we,, i was pleased at how well the clio kept up considering it was in full road spec,, you did past me in the last session,, but i was taking it v.v easy as my near side tyre was about to blow out- came in early as we'd chanced it long enough!

Best bit for me was when i was behind you on the first lap of a session, and totally lost it at about 80mph and went spinning across the grass, we didnt catch it on camera
Old 30-06-2008, 12:54 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

it's great taking passengers, EVERYone is welcome, well execpt ANDY R

pmsl! come to think of it andy is a bad omen also! lets look at the facts

1. went out with linsay who's gearbox broke

2. went in mickeys rst and it blew a water hose

3. went in russ' evo and it had a sensor problem!

I think i have a case here to not be the worst omen!
Old 30-06-2008, 12:56 PM
Spiky
Professional Waffler

pmsl! come to think of it andy is a bad omen also! lets look at the facts

1. went out with linsay who's gearbox broke

2. went in mickeys rst and it blew a water hose

3. went in russ' evo and it had a sensor problem!

I think i have a case here to not be the worst omen!

sooooooooooooo true
Old 30-06-2008, 12:58 PM
Spiky
Professional Waffler

We had a good doo didnt we,, i was pleased at how well the clio kept up considering it was in full road spec,, you did past me in the last session,, but i was taking it v.v easy as my near side tyre was about to blow out- came in early as we'd chanced it long enough!

Best bit for me was when i was behind you on the first lap of a session, and totally lost it at about 80mph and went spinning across the grass, we didnt catch it on camera
yeah i say the spin in rear view mirror..lol i lost consantraion while watching you spin...lol

my near side tyre, is not looking very health either..lol, but thankfully lasted the whole weekend

great car dude, and can only be made quicker
Old 30-06-2008, 12:59 PM
Chip

Thought Id slip in a quick "big up the following" post while we are on the subject.......

Well, im sure people have noticed I had a great time from my responses in other threads, so just thought Id take a couple of minutes to thank the people who made it such a good weekend.

Firstly Si B for the lift up and back, was totally last minute, I was meant to be building a workshop this weekend but the digger was needed elsewhere at the last minute, so I didnt even know for certain myself I was going till friday. So I really did (unintentionally) mess him about a bit by stepping up to go so late on.

Really great guy to spend a weekend with, good safe drive on the way up, exciting laps of the track, and good company too, not to mention cooks a pretty decent bacon sarnie.

Nige (aka Sketch), Si's brother, dont really know Nige that well, only had the pleasure of meeting him a few times before, but he totally made me feel welcome and took me out for some really good laps, really good fast and safe driver, if you ever get the chance of a ride in with him you would be nuts to turn it down IMHO

Dave / Helen / Ian / Greg / AndyR / Nutter / Dingy / JC / etc - Fantastic people to spend an evening with talking bollocks and having a few beers etc which to me was as much of a part of the event as the track was.

The organisers, fantastic show, SO well run, track session went like clockwork and yet the whole thing seemed so laid back and casual too, difficult to achieve one of those things let alone both at once.

Everyone else who was there and just generally behaved themselves, showed good etiquette on track and had a great time, almost no exceptions to this, literally everyone I spoke to was sound and although ive since heard of a couple of people being idiots, they were certainly in the minority as I saw none of it.

Great weekend, really looking forward to next year
Old 30-06-2008, 01:43 PM
ESCYSCOTT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I had an excellent saturday,, met toughy, lambchop, and had a good battle on track with spiky,,, i was really suprised how good the clio was i took- well done to everyone involved
what reg was the clio max? Think I may have passed you in the 205 a few times on saturday
Old 30-06-2008, 02:37 PM
Andy_R
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well done to everyone involved in the organising and running of such a great weekendTHANK YOU

Greg, Iain, Chop & I spent the weekend camped with the Derbyshire group and we could'nt have been better looked after.
Rachael's cooking was brilliant. Thanks Rach your a star keeping 4 hungry Scottish lads fed in addition to the rest of the Derbyshire group, you deserve a medal for your effort.

Good to catch up with everyone in what can only be described as a relaxed friendly atmosphere, its kinda cool when internet personas and difference of opinions are put aside and everyone just gets on and has a laugh together. Cheers to everyone that made it the weekend it was, brilliant
Old 30-06-2008, 02:39 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Originally Posted by Andy_R
Greg, Iain, Chop & I spent the weekend camped with the Derbyshire group and we could'nt have been better looked after.
Rachael's cooking was brilliant. Thanks Rach your a star keeping 4 hungry Scottish lads fed in addition to the rest of the Derbyshire group, you deserve a medal for your effort.

morning andy

couldnt agree more about rach. what an absolute LEGEND with the cooking. a steak sandwich with onions and peppers was exactly what i needed after the beers on sat!
Old 30-06-2008, 02:57 PM
BRAMMER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Had a great day, first timer and i'll be back next year.

Well done to all involved, very professional
Old 30-06-2008, 04:28 PM
maxest
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by ESCYSCOTT
what reg was the clio max? Think I may have passed you in the 205 a few times on saturday
You didnt,, i wouldnt have let you I was in B group,,, 05 plate clio
Old 30-06-2008, 04:30 PM
Cossie Helen
10K+ Poster!!

We had a cool weekend in some good company.

Was great to meet you Lambchop & Scottish Greg, still cant belive how fast your vodka disappeared Also the other guy with you i cant remember his name Was good to catch up with Andy R again too

Was nice to see Nutter, Dingy, Claire, Dave Easton, Neil@FF, Bullett, Ginge & Nikki, Sarah & Dicko, Dave 4x4, Spiky had have a good catch up with you guys

Huge thanks to SiB for all my passenger rides out in the Evo, was out all day yesterday with him and enjoyed every minute of it, even the 2 spins we had Also thank you to Nigel for my session out in his Evo, I'm really addicted to Evo's now
Old 30-06-2008, 06:19 PM
maxest
PassionFord Post Whore!!

yeah i say the spin in rear view mirror..lol i lost consantraion while watching you spin...lol

my near side tyre, is not looking very health either..lol, but thankfully lasted the whole weekend

great car dude, and can only be made quicker
Tbh spiky, i'm selling that one- but i'm going to buy an older one i think and prepare it for track use,, all i'd do is strip it, set of slicks, and poss cam it up,, as it didnt kick in till 5k
Old 30-06-2008, 06:39 PM
JC
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

had a good weekend nice to see and chat to people
car ran well apart from headers blowing enjoyed doing the charity rides again
took a trafic cop out ,asked if he would catch me he replied no chance
i asked for this in writing as he left the car checking 4 bald tyres and my tax disc
something to dwell on
look at all the good coments on and about croft
and remember all the coments on nat day last year
wich would you rather go