General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

ms getting more popular....

Search this Thread

Old 29-06-2008 | 06:36 PM
FULLBORE
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Default ms getting more popular....

Ive noticed as time goes by more and more threads regarding megasquirt management. It seems that more and more are turning to this management.What are the reasons for this because i read before on here people slating it saying its very cheap and doesnt compare to cossie management etc etc. Ive even read that people are taking their ms equiped cars to well respected tuners now........

Has anyone ever achieved decent fiqures using this management?? this meaning bhp fiqures, qtr mile times etc etc? whatever car you have with this fitted id like to know what results have been achieved using ms

Ive heard of a few diy systems but this one pops up over and over again.If anyones got any comments on this management(even you tuners out there) it would be most helpful.
Old 29-06-2008 | 06:40 PM
pa_sjo
Colossal Pervert

Megasquirt is fine.. you have to appreciate it's a DIY system and is constantly evolving with multiple groups of people working on different parts so everything isn't always going to be 100%..

There is no power limit, you could run a 2000hp engine on MS if you really wanted to.
Old 29-06-2008 | 06:48 PM
FULLBORE
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

hi, yeah i understand its not going to be 100%, and ive read about how it can potentially power a 2000bhp car,but without sounding like im being funny,you could say that about most management systems.

i after ACTUAL figures,and what people have recorded using ms....
Old 29-06-2008 | 07:51 PM
NEEDFORSPEED
PassionFord Post Troll

was spot on on my fiesta cant remember exactly but around 250hp. very good to use etc