General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Police abusing their powers!

Search this Thread

Old 24-06-2008, 05:33 PM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Police abusing their powers!

I was driving along a dual carriageway going to pick my nephew up from school & I was approaching a roundabout with two lanes, I was in the left lane (straight ahead) & in the right lane (right turn) was a police car & at the last second he moved over into the left lane without signaling making me slam my brakes on to avoid hitting him so I put my hand up as if to ask what he was doing & the next thing I know he pulls over lets me pass & pulls out after me & pulls me over!

Then the conversation went like this....

Bent copper "get out your car & get in the police car"

I did as he asked & then he said

Bent copper "what do you think you're doing"?

AJ "driving properly - what were you doing? You pulled out in front of me at the last minute without signaling"

Bent copper "I don't need to signal"

AJ ( in a state of disbelief of what I'd just heard) "of course you need to signal, what makes you think you don't need to"?

Bent copper "dont tell me how to drive anyway there was no one around"

AJ "errrrr, th front of my car was almost level with the back of your car in the lane next to you so I think you'll find there was someone around"

Bent copper " don't argue with me"

AJ "I'm not arguing, I'm just saying that you need to signal if you're going to change lanes"

Bent copper "what makes you think you know more about driving than me"?

AJ "I don't think I'm better than you but I do this day in day out as I'm a driving instructor"

Bent copper "you raised your hand to me in a threatening manner"

AJ "no I just put my hand up in a sort of what are you doing way"

Bent copper "OK, admit to gesturing at me in a threatening manner or I'm going to arrest you for a public order offence"

AJ "are you having a laugh"?

Bent copper "no, I will arrest you unless you admit to doing it"

AJ " well it's obvious that If I don't agree with you I'm going to be arrested for something which just isn't true so I'm going to have to agree to what you're saying mate"

Bent copper "I'm not your fucking mate"

AJ " whatever mate"

Bent copper says to his partner "let him out the car"

And that was it

What the fuck was that all about?!! I'm so pissed off about it
I've been & made a complaint about it at the police station & after waiting for almost 2 hours there they came back to me & said they've had a word with him & he holds his hands up to not indicating!

I said is that it? What about threatening to arrest me just because I didn't agree with him about something?

They said the officer felt threatened & that's why he said he'd arrest you to which I said if that was the case then why didn't he arrest me? To which they said we'll have a word with him about his conduct (obviously they wont & are probably having a laugh about it as I type)

Then they wonder why people are losing faith in the Police!

Rant over
Old 24-06-2008, 05:35 PM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Cunts mate, utter, utter cunts the lot of them.
Old 24-06-2008, 05:37 PM
vinnyvangough
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its dispicable really, but this goes on a lot more than people realise, and the ones who aint strong minded enough tend to get done a lot more.
Old 24-06-2008, 05:38 PM
orionmojo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

a- hole.

and are you realy a driving instructor? i would've said the same thing, i drive 32 ton tipper trucks for a living and you'd be surprised the moves people pull.
Old 24-06-2008, 05:38 PM
rsnissan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

not really anything new TBH. will say that NOT ALL ARE THE SAME though but you will definately get the twattish element, same as any other job/profession
Old 24-06-2008, 05:39 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

next time dont slam on your brakes to avoid, crash . big claim.
Old 24-06-2008, 05:39 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Yeah you are defenceless really to this sort of thing.
At least you can get him filling in 3 million bits of paperwork about the incident with a bit of luck.
Old 24-06-2008, 05:40 PM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by orionmojo
a- hole.

and are you realy a driving instructor?
Yes mate, been one for about four years now.

I still can't believe what happened
Old 24-06-2008, 05:40 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Received 259 Likes on 238 Posts

Is there an independant complaints body you can go to ??

Behaviour and threats like that cannot be tolerated. And it happens a lot more than they would have you believe....
Old 24-06-2008, 05:41 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
Is there an independant complaints body you can go to ??

Behaviour and threats like that cannot be tolerated. And it happens a lot more than they would have you believe....
IPCC?
Old 24-06-2008, 05:42 PM
orionmojo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by A J
Yes mate, been one for about four years now.

I still can't believe what happened
ok, i did just wonder though, it must've been smugly satisfying to give that reply

what gives you the right to tell me how to drive.... err
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by RWD_cossie_wil
Nope!

Just a very large percentage of them IMHO.

And sadly that makes people hate them in general, which is unfortunate for the few good ones left!

I think most of them must have joined up the force in the first place to get their own back for being bullied at school or something
Pob

W**kers!!

I remember when i was 19, i got stopped in town on a busy saturday night. I had one indicator bulb out-the copper who pulled me was expecting ronnie kray or something, he put in checks on everything-expecting me to have a warrant out???? Yep i know, when it came back all clean he threw his file around the cab he was in a right huff.
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by C4llyT
IPCC?
The one that is run by ex-policemen?
Old 24-06-2008, 05:43 PM
KSA-Cossie
Professional Waffler

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Agree m8,total and utter inbred wankers.
Old 24-06-2008, 05:44 PM
Smiggy
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

AJ,

You will obviously know better than me if you're a driving instructor, but do you have to indicate if you are moving into the slower lane. I was always under the impression that it was not required when moving from an outer lane into a slower one, although moving from a slower lane out did require the use of an indicator.

And yes police are cunts. I got pulled the other week for moving a cone and barrier that was blocking off a road so I could swing a car and trailer into my mates drive. Tried to caution me under the highway regulations or something like trying to alter highway markings and directions blah blah blah.
Old 24-06-2008, 05:44 PM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

I know not all coppers are that bad, Arch off here for one - he's a real top bloke & I also have a couple of other mates who are in the force but things like this make you feel like it really is you against them
Old 24-06-2008, 05:47 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Smiggy
AJ,

You will obviously know better than me if you're a driving instructor, but do you have to indicate if you are moving into the slower lane. I was always under the impression that it was not required when moving from an outer lane into a slower one, although moving from a slower lane out did require the use of an indicator.
If anyone will benefit, simple, pedestrians included; not in this case I know...
Also, shouldn't affect anyones course or progress, which he did severely in this case.
Many cops don't indicate if it's of no real benefit, like on motorway with no cars close by, and are trained this way.
Personally, I think they should lead by example.
A lot don't appear to know how to drive (I used to do tuition too) so can tell.
Old 24-06-2008, 05:48 PM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by Smiggy
AJ,

Yes mate if there are cars etc around you must signal so that it's clear to everyone what you intend to do.

Last edited by Physio; 24-06-2008 at 05:50 PM.
Old 24-06-2008, 05:51 PM
aduz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Id take that further if you can as that takes the piss...luckily every copper ive had contact with have mostly been sound so havent met a bad one yet
Old 24-06-2008, 05:51 PM
Smiggy

Originally Posted by A J
Yes mate if there are cars etc around you must signal so that it's clear to everyone what you intend to do.
No bother.
Old 24-06-2008, 05:57 PM
charlie luciano
10K+ Poster!!

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

Nice 1 mr pig if you had done that to them they'd be looking to nick you for due care and attention

Luciano
Old 24-06-2008, 05:58 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by charlie luciano
Nice 1 mr pig if you had done that to them they'd be looking to nick you for due care and attention

Luciano
Woman who sped through a red light knocking mate off his motorbike, witnessed by copper, and left mate in permenant pain, got done with that.
Bit of a joke really.
Old 24-06-2008, 05:59 PM
Paddy
Legend

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by A J
I was going to pick my nephew
THAT old chestnut? Trawling the local schools at kicking out time....

and so we hit apon the real story.

Originally Posted by Chip
Nope!

Just a very large percentage of them IMHO.
I agree.

The ones in uniform that pull you over are invariably the police equivalent of the gimpy shopfloor workers at McDonalds with little or no ambition above getting 3 stripes/stars which means they get to boss around the 16 year olds on the deep fat fryer.

There are alot of decent coppers but most of them will obviously get promoted quickly so you won't [hopefully] see them day to day.
Old 24-06-2008, 06:08 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

agreed there some cunts, but i got one the other day i was lost in leeds ( middleton ) on some estate so decided to phone me brother and get directions but didn;t realise there was an undercover cop behind me followed me then pulled me as i reached me brothers house just wound the window down and said " you know why ive stopped dont do it again " and off he went
Old 24-06-2008, 06:12 PM
arch

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

AJ, don't be shy mate, who,when,where,what? What car was he in? Some of the new ones even I wash me hands of, useless bunch of tarts.

(also, watch out for a silver 330d, 08 plate)
Old 24-06-2008, 06:14 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Arsehole copper hiding behind his badge. Bet he hasn't got any bollocks when he ain't in a uniform.

Wanker.
Old 24-06-2008, 06:20 PM
TurboShed
Cossiemodo

They're only human.

I got into an argument on the way to work one morning, guy carved me up, I gave him the finger, he waved his police badge at me and pulled me over, was an inspector on his way to work in an unmarked car.

We had a little rant at each other then we both calmed down and mutually apologised, it was quite childish really.

In this case BOTH of us were at fault, unlike what AJ experienced. But AJ you walked away with nothing more than hurt pride, the copper was the one that made himself look like a complete jerk in front of his colleague. You should be the one smiling at his idiocy and then forget all about it
Old 24-06-2008, 06:21 PM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Probably a probationer!
tabetha
Old 24-06-2008, 06:25 PM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by TurboShed
They're only human.

I got into an argument on the way to work one morning, guy carved me up, I gave him the finger, he waved his police badge at me and pulled me over, was an inspector on his way to work in an unmarked car.

We had a little rant at each other then we both calmed down and mutually apologised, it was quite childish really.

In this case BOTH of us were at fault, unlike what AJ experienced. But AJ you walked away with nothing more than hurt pride, the copper was the one that made himself look like a complete jerk in front of his colleague. You should be the one smiling at his idiocy and then forget all about it
Thats the thing, if the copper had put his hand up to say sorry, it would have been done and dusted. We all make mistakes driving, 99.9% of the time as soon as you say sorry it diffuses the situation, but coppers have a real problem in admitting fault for some reason
Old 24-06-2008, 06:33 PM
mk3matt

tw@t!

reminded me of a time a while ago, me and my mates where in his fiesta, going from a 30mph to a 40, a large police 4x4 comes up behind us, we're all expecting to get pull so we accelrate to the said 40mph, then thsi muppet gets up our arse and over takes on a bend, nearly forcing us of the road, he drives off, just as we go into a national, so my friend ( bit road raged) boots it after him, catch up about arf a mile later at a round a bout and they just go round it the way we were going and pointed and laughed!?!

joke wa on then thou, cos one of the lad in the back of our car filmed the whole thing ( thinking we were gna get pulled for no reason) he showed it to his dad who is quite involved with the local police, anbd he went mad hahaha, nt sure what came of it, but his dads wasn't impressed, it clearly showed the number plate too!
Old 24-06-2008, 06:36 PM
mk3matt

Thats the thing, if the copper had put his hand up to say sorry, it would have been done and dusted. We all make mistakes driving, 99.9% of the time as soon as you say sorry it diffuses the situation, but coppers have a real problem in admitting fault for some reason
ha, i remembered anuther, agaes ago, my dad came to a blind humpback bridge, it was his right of way so he proceeded, a car came fromt he other way and slammed on its breaks beeping at me dad ( stupid really cos me dad was in a couple of tons of landrover and dsnt give a shyt about the paintwork) any way, the bloke jumps out after my dad refuses to move ( it was his right of way) and goes

'im an off duty police man, get out the way!'

my dad says

'im an off duty headmaster...now fuck off'

haha priceless

Last edited by mk3matt; 24-06-2008 at 06:43 PM.
Old 24-06-2008, 06:36 PM
big_wig_074
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

had nearly EXACTLY the same happen to me and my dad,they were very in our faces and when asked for his license my dad asked why,the police said he was doing him for not producing,but my dad said "no i have it in my hand,i just want to know why you want to see it as its my right"the cops eventually realised my dad knew his rights and they let us go after several threats.
report them for dangerous driving and threatening behaviour,as threatening to arrest you is just that!
Old 24-06-2008, 06:39 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

usually your lucky a complaint does anything at all, even the small amount it did.

as they all mates no complaint get taken seriously, taken more like a joke TBH.

i complained once, they invited me there and the copper was blatantly the others mate and treated it like a joke, after 5 mins i told him it was obvious i was wasting my time.

the copper in question only shat himself and started acting normally once he realised i knew who his son was
Old 24-06-2008, 06:58 PM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by arch
AJ, don't be shy mate, who,when,where,what? What car was he in? Some of the new ones even I wash me hands of, useless bunch of tarts.

(also, watch out for a silver 330d, 08 plate)
Alright Si

He was in a 56 reg Astra (I wont post up the reg but if you need it I'll text it to you)

I told him he was out of order & that a few of my mates had been in the force for years & dont go around threatening to arrest innocent people then he asked me who I knew that was meant to be such a top copper so I mentioned your name & he said I know Simon, I'll be having a word with him about you
Old 24-06-2008, 07:08 PM
Dan
20K+ Super Poster.

Fucking arseholes mate, prob just had a bad day and you got the brunt of it!

Cunt!
Old 24-06-2008, 07:12 PM
orion_crazy_carl
orion=mini saff

fucking pigs, i know some are ok, but most ive seen latly have been so rude i've lost all respect for them,
Old 24-06-2008, 07:23 PM
Adam.
Needs Beer Tokens.....

One Rule for us, Another for the police!
Old 24-06-2008, 07:41 PM
Tangodeltasierra3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

AJ you will probs get pulled every week now lol so id change yer car.
Old 24-06-2008, 09:34 PM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by Tangodeltasierra3
AJ you will probs get pulled every week now lol so id change yer car.
I'm fully expecting that mate

Quick Reply: Police abusing their powers!