General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Company Name Ideas :) ?

Search this Thread

Old 16-06-2008, 12:35 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by pa_sjo
But then it also limits to what you can be; i've seen so many companies do that then expand into other areas and end up with a bunch of different company names which they only end up merging 10 years down the line anyway!
all he need to worry about right now is getting the first company up and running, its not exactly hard to order new notepaper without the word recruitment on 5 years down the line if he decides to do fish and chip shops as well.
Old 16-06-2008, 12:46 PM
DanCossie
Post Whore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Rainbird
Just "Walton & Powell Recruitment", sounds professional and doesn't get you pigeon-holed as a one trick company. This way you can branch out into other areas of recruitment without having to change the name or get over-looked, because people perceive you as doing only one aspect of recruitment. If you get a name for the automotive arena, an unspecific name won't hinder you, whereas a specific one could limit opportunities .

My marketing advice is £10k, I expect to receive payment in 7 days .
Great advice Mike. Cheers matey

in regards to payment im sure we can come to some other agreement
Old 16-06-2008, 01:37 PM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by Mike Rainbird
says what you are on the "tin" .
What, cunt?

Old 16-06-2008, 01:40 PM
DanCossie
Post Whore

Originally Posted by A J
What, cunt?

i do hate you
Old 16-06-2008, 02:47 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DanCossie
depends how good you are mate.

done it for years now and something i enjoy...im a recruitment manager for 57 sites across the country now and coping very well lol...if i got a placement fee for eveyone i employ for this company like an agency would i would be getting £5-6k a week
pikey the question i would ask is why you seem to need so many people to keep filling jobs, temp/placement recruitment is all different companys filling a slot with there book of staff

where you are is HR for a company with a high turnover of staff,,,, all good for you but surely theres a reason why you go through soo many staff ?

i think its a good idea if you got the backing but paying out wages each week to temp staff then have companys pay you at the end of the month means you need a big bank account

have you and your mate thought about what the set up cost is gonna be for this idea with the purse included

you HAVE alot of contact though i know that, getting a office aint a big deal either its just the actual cash behind you till you get paied i would worry about
Old 16-06-2008, 03:22 PM
DanCossie
Post Whore

Originally Posted by Ginge !
pikey the question i would ask is why you seem to need so many people to keep filling jobs, temp/placement recruitment is all different companys filling a slot with there book of staff

where you are is HR for a company with a high turnover of staff,,,, all good for you but surely theres a reason why you go through soo many staff ?

i think its a good idea if you got the backing but paying out wages each week to temp staff then have companys pay you at the end of the month means you need a big bank account

have you and your mate thought about what the set up cost is gonna be for this idea with the purse included

you HAVE alot of contact though i know that, getting a office aint a big deal either its just the actual cash behind you till you get paied i would worry about
Hi Ginge. Been thinking about this for a very very long while now and we have gone over all your questions many many times. as we all had the same concerns.
We are not going to be doing temp staff to start with purely perms, and we are both still going to be working were we are till its got a firm hold and solid work going through us.
We have got backing from his parents to start with and we are also going to be home based to start very easy to do this. all i need is a phone and internet access mate and i can do my job
its the guy i used to work with at Maiday. Work have even said if its successful we can leave them but still supply them staff as an agency.
Will get the ball rolling within a couple of weeks..finally decidced i aint gonna make good money working for someone and need to move before i get too old or lose my contacts.
Cheers for ya concern matey
Old 16-06-2008, 03:25 PM
Turbocabbie
Top Cab !!

Originally Posted by DanCossie
cool..like that one maybe take the Nihe bit out
Direct Automotive
sounds cool.. I would suggest emailing Direct Automotive for their lawyers opinion though

directautomotiveltd.co.uk
Old 16-06-2008, 03:27 PM
DanCossie
Post Whore

Originally Posted by Turbocabbie
sounds cool.. I would suggest emailing Direct Automotive for their lawyers opinion though

directautomotiveltd.co.uk
cheers
Old 16-06-2008, 03:29 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

just making sure, i aggre that you wont need a big place to start with as clients are the biggest issue which you have

good luck though and hope all goes well for you

im soon gonna be changing a little but in my carreer and i find out this week if i got it or not
Old 16-06-2008, 03:33 PM
DanCossie
Post Whore

Originally Posted by Ginge !
just making sure, i aggre that you wont need a big place to start with as clients are the biggest issue which you have

good luck though and hope all goes well for you

im soon gonna be changing a little but in my carreer and i find out this week if i got it or not
Cheers mate..you could be my first placement

Good luck matey
Old 16-06-2008, 03:41 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

i doubt it mate as when i will be going i dont intend to leave for a long time