General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Don't swerve for holes in the road!!!

Search this Thread

Old 14-06-2008, 06:02 PM
Lowson
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Don't swerve for holes in the road!!!

Can you believe this? I'm out in the van at night and was needing a bottle juice. Decided to drive up through town to a chipper. I pursue my thirst quenching plan while cruising at a low speed up through the busy town. This was at half eleven at night.

Right, on Union Street, the road i was driving up, there are a few sunken manholes perfectly aligned with either your left or right wheels to crash into. I'm sure most of you will agree this is a nightmare and will avoid these "holes in the road" by placing your car or whatever slightly left or slightly right so the holes pass under the centre of the car thus avoiding them. Baring in mind it's maybe a foot of movement to the left or right.

So as driving, i'm casually and slowlyy avoiding these manholes with a Focus hard up my ass. He toots his horn at me and i just tooted back at the fucker. I reached my destination and got my juice. Taking a slightly different route, i left the chipper and was driving away. About a mile down the road i have blue lights in my mirrors. BRILLIANT i thought, what the fuck's this all about?

I get taken into the back of the police car and told i have been reported as alleged drink driving dangerously because i was spotted swerving all over the road through the centre of town late on a Friday night! I was ike WTF?! That just set me off and i was in knots in the back of the police car and couldn't stop laughing I haven't had a drink in a matter of weeks! To be fair though the coppers were spot on with me and just had to breathalise me as a matter of course and then let me on my way.

The ironic thing is i have the van so i don't have to give a shit about it. The second i care about driving through a couple of holes i am pulled by the coppers haha
Old 14-06-2008, 06:04 PM
vinnyvangough
Advanced PassionFord User

Just typical.
Old 14-06-2008, 06:06 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as if they dont have better things to do on a friday night though

i bet if you rang and said you were being attacked youd have been laid there half hour before they turned up

quality though
Old 14-06-2008, 06:10 PM
Lowson

But i was all over the road dangerously

makes me sick when i move slightly for a hole in the road and you see the person behind me just smash into it, it's like, "have you not got any sense?"

Saying that though i think i will just drive through them with the van now
Old 14-06-2008, 06:10 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

to be fair if theyve had a tip off about a possible drunk driver at least they did something about it.they wouldnt know until they stop you.
are you sure you werent slowing down and swerving in to look at all the fat chicks with their tits hanging out that are so numerous on union st at night?
Old 14-06-2008, 06:17 PM
Lowson

Originally Posted by fuzzy
to be fair if theyve had a tip off about a possible drunk driver at least they did something about it.they wouldnt know until they stop you.
are you sure you werent slowing down and swerving in to look at all the fat chicks with their tits hanging out that are so numerous on union st at night?
Very true, they did have to check and i understand that but it was just the fact it was a few holes i was avoiding that made me crease out in their car

Ha ha a perfect explanation of Union St there

I was more concerned about the focus wanting in the back of my van. The limit is a 20 and i was doing 20, if the boy wasn't happy, fuck him
Old 14-06-2008, 06:25 PM
hawko
Part of the Furniture

Only you scotty boy!
Old 14-06-2008, 06:26 PM
Lowson

Well, you know me

How's it going anyway?
Old 14-06-2008, 06:38 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I miss holes, and i swear im the only fcker who does it?

Im lowered all round though so missing the holes is for my own health
Old 14-06-2008, 06:43 PM
Lowson

Originally Posted by VW_08
I miss holes, and i swear im the only fcker who does it?

Im lowered all round though so missing the holes is for my own health
My van sits higher off the road than some planes at cruising altitude but it's just the principal of driving into holes that i cant get my head around, can get my van round them though
Old 14-06-2008, 07:13 PM
woodz77
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i got pulled over for exactly the same thing last year . i told them what i was doing and they laughed . they thought id been drinking but i said i dont drink full stop , and they said they couldnt smell beer etc on me and i checked out so they let me on my way lol

Weeners !
Old 14-06-2008, 09:11 PM
CalibreDan
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

There's some I ALWAYS miss in my 106, got pulled one night and told that I was driving erratically and dangerously... When I argued that I was doing under 5mph, coming off some traffic lights and turning left they just argued that I took the "wrong" line for the corner and got really arsey
Old 14-06-2008, 09:27 PM
Lowson

Originally Posted by woodz77
i got pulled over for exactly the same thing last year . i told them what i was doing and they laughed . they thought id been drinking but i said i dont drink full stop , and they said they couldnt smell beer etc on me and i checked out so they let me on my way lol

Weeners !
It's mad like eh? I suppose they were only doing their job like though...
Old 14-06-2008, 09:30 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

I always think to myself that when going some of the fine roads our many taxes pay for and having to play a game of Dodge The Defect, the person behind must think I am driving like a loony! However, I cringe at the amount some people have no respect for their cars and bounce them off of potholes and off speed bumps. I even get people overtaking me on bumps FFS! How fast do you want to fucking go over bumps!
Old 14-06-2008, 09:50 PM
Mark V8
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 166 Likes on 145 Posts

I've split the side wall on a tyre by hitting a pot hole
Now I zig zag like a mad man just to avoid low drain covers, that cunt Gordon Brown really pisses me off taking billions in road tax and giving us third world roads

Mark