General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

For the owners/admin etc

Search this Thread

Old 13-06-2008, 08:49 PM
Edmund
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For the owners/admin etc

I have spotted a flaw in your ruling,in the rules which i read when i signed up,it gives great guidelines as to what you may or may not post BUT on the Muppet Room description it says this:

For basically saying and doing as you please, especially if its to get away from cars for a while. BUT BE WARNED. This room contain's all sorts of bizzare and very unusual posts. Some are just plain useless and some may be VERY offensive!! If you are easily offended, do NOT enter

To me this says you can say what you want regardless of the rules as VERY offensive is just that.Can the admin/owners please clarify there view of VERY offensive as i cant get my head around it as i beleive VERY offensive to be the jokes pointed at say Diana jokes or Jamie Bulger jokes or Zeebruger jokes or rascism so i am unsure what i can post??
Old 13-06-2008, 08:53 PM
charlie luciano
10K+ Poster!!

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

You really need to get out more often

Luciano
Old 13-06-2008, 08:54 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

According to that you can post racist remarks, but that's not the case...
Old 13-06-2008, 08:54 PM
GTechR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Surely it's common scence mate... Do you really feel the need to post something that would cause such offence?

Some people would be offended by jokes of a sexual nature etc... But why would anyone wanna put posts up such as the ones you suggested? i don't get your question...
Old 13-06-2008, 08:57 PM
Edmund
Banned

Originally Posted by GTechR
Surely it's common scence mate... Do you really feel the need to post something that would cause such offence?

Some people would be offended by jokes of a sexual nature etc... But why would anyone wanna put posts up such as the ones you suggested? i don't get your question...

Hi mate,well i wouldnt post anything like that but the muppet room rules state i could if i wanted yet the rules say otherwise.

I am only trying to understand the reason they say "very offensive"
Old 13-06-2008, 08:57 PM
dakar
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think to go in the muppet room you have to be VERY broad minded and not be offended by anything.You are warned before you enter there
Old 13-06-2008, 08:58 PM
nickscunny

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GTechR
But why would anyone wanna put posts up such as the ones you suggested? i don't get your question...

Because all our humour levels are different, I have been sent some quality "homo" jokes on my mob that i could post on here, I think they are absolutley hilarious and im sure 98% of this forum would too, but theres always that 2% theres a homo about......
Old 13-06-2008, 09:00 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

very offensive is purely down to personal opinion. there was peadophilia (non)jokes posted in there the other week by someone.not sure whether they were removed or not.
Old 13-06-2008, 09:03 PM
dakar

Originally Posted by Edmund
I have spotted a flaw in your ruling,in the rules which i read when i signed up,it gives great guidelines as to what you may or may not post BUT on the Muppet Room description it says this:

For basically saying and doing as you please, especially if its to get away from cars for a while. BUT BE WARNED. This room contain's all sorts of bizzare and very unusual posts. Some are just plain useless and some may be VERY offensive!! If you are easily offended, do NOT enter

To me this says you can say what you want regardless of the rules as VERY offensive is just that.Can the admin/owners please clarify there view of VERY offensive as i cant get my head around it as i beleive VERY offensive to be the jokes pointed at say Diana jokes or Jamie Bulger jokes or Zeebruger jokes or rascism so i am unsure what i can post??

Tbh if anyone put a James Bulger joke on there i would consider that sick
Old 13-06-2008, 09:04 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by dakar
Tbh if anyone put a James Bulger joke on there i would consider that sick
In which case you'd find it very offensive, you have been warned!
Old 13-06-2008, 09:05 PM
dakar

Originally Posted by C4llyT
In which case you'd find it very offensive, you have been warned!
That is true
Old 13-06-2008, 09:09 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

That is true
I understand this thread, the way that's worded anything goes - but this is not the case.
Someone was recently banned when they referred to a woman as a 'filthy paki', this was later dealt with as he meant filthy as in filthy (), and paki as in the abbreviation of pakistani.
So if racism, or anything else isn't tolerated, it does need adding to that text, as anything goes the way it reads at the moment.
Old 13-06-2008, 09:49 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

I think to go in the muppet room you have to be a moron and have no life

harsh