General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Who's been through this???

Search this Thread

Old 29-10-2004, 03:41 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Who's been through this???

Travelled 250 miles round trip last night to view a Fiesta Si for the misses, discribed as immaculate, low miles 2 previous owners, small bit of rust on each back arch but other than that mint!!!

Now we all tell fibs when selling a car and mint is the biggest overstatement, but this was a knackere on it's last legs

I asked this guy to make sure the car wasn't started before I got there as I wanted to see it from cold, I arrived to find the block warm???

It was burning oil, running unevenly, nocking top end and squeeling belts, the bodywork was all dented, the sill had a big hole in it, the interior was well worn with alloy pedals and gearknob.On a test drive the clutch felt vague, the suspension was shot and it had sluggish response, the seller said that sometimes the started missed on start up and would go the second try (he put this down to an idle controll valve needing adjusting???), I heard it and it was either starter knackered or ring gear gone £££

Ok we all keep some of the bad points back on selling a motor, after all it's upto the buyer to find the probs, not always fair but thats life and if you told a prospectus buyer every fault they would never come to view it expecting it to be the tip of the ice burg. But this was a complete knacker and a million mile away from the discription.

Oh well, just makes me more determined to find my misses a good one.

Rant over and £50 quid down the drain
Old 29-10-2004, 03:45 PM
FletchCossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did similier mate... Went to Doncaster (300miles thee and back) to view A Vauxhall Astra. Was described as mint, but when we got there it was trapped in between 2 rusted cars and the car had dink, dents and rust everywhere... Wasn't impressed...

Luckly I tied the trip with a cruise up North that night, so we went there straight after seeing the car
Old 29-10-2004, 04:16 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Rudey, top one.

Went to see a Fiest Turbo a couple of years ago, nothing really said about the car over the phone other than that it was good condition.

Got there, he opened the garage and I nearly fell over, it was beautiful, perfect mods and really well done, had it away quick smart and sold it a year later, still love it even today and wish I had never sold it.

Nice when that happens, but it ain't often!
Old 29-10-2004, 04:32 PM
Lou Lou.
10K+ Poster!!

when i was lookin for a fiesta turbo travelled bout 150 miles for 1 the blokes said was mint and hpi clear

got there was blatently stated on the hpi that was a complete write off, it was even an xr2i shell with a turbo lump in it

not to upset cos got a minter a month later
Old 29-10-2004, 04:48 PM
MikeyXR2i
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

yeah i viewed Car in Reading, he wanted me to travel to dartford, lucky i didn't the car was described as "As new condition" i was not pleased when i turned up.
The car had 2 new front wings front panel, and all the joins were fillered over. so there were no joins anywhere. Lot of things hidden on it, the interior was described as mint, the dash was cracked right the way along, Recaro ripped all the way up to shoulder and he said it was Mint.

Full of shite he was.