General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

The Religion Debate...

Search this Thread

Old 23-05-2008, 09:04 PM
Ryan_3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well shouldnt one have some respect for others? its not asking much..
Old 23-05-2008, 09:07 PM
Ima Racing
Advanced PassionFord User

I once beleived in God..read all liturature but a few weeks ago i threw my £300 cross/chain down the toilet.

..wont go into why BUT if you beleive you aint had anything bad happen to you or your a thick idiot that thinks its a test from the Holy one.

Spend one day in a sufferers shoes to realise God is there only salvation or have a happy life and think its cause there is a God its the perfect scenario and you will NEVER see life outside Earth all the time religion is profitable,so never,wy do you think Roswell was denied?...The pope had a twitchy ring that day
Old 23-05-2008, 09:09 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan_3
well shouldnt one have some respect for others? its not asking much..

What, like your response to their view?
Old 23-05-2008, 09:11 PM
The Rapid 1

Originally Posted by Iain Mac
And here goes religion, starting another fight.

Like I said further up, religious people should be free to worship so long as they don't start telling everyone else what they can think or do.

You don't like someone else's opinion, that's fine. But don't start throwing insults around when someone says something you find offensive - doesn't the good book say something like turn the other cheek?

I think I'd like a mod to lock or even delete this thread before anyone says something they shouldn't or that they might come to regret when the red mist clears.
WHY close it cos ONE person throwing there toys out the pram
As normal in this country, fuck the majority keep the minority happy

Like yourself say, dont force your views (of religeon) on anyone else Ryan3 IS, he saying we are pricks and have to "STFU" cos it isnt what he beieves, but carnt see out of 100 posters only say 3 believe in a GOD, so surely that proves initself as doubtfull all the other educated people are gonna be wrong !

ANYWAY, someone earlier said about disproving the big bang theory, and where did all the gases that caused it actually come from ?
WELL my answer is a question in return, where did GOD come from, what was he GOD over before he created this universe, and for that matter the bible states he created Eden with Adam and Eve etc, but dont mention when he got round to the rest of the Universe , did he get bored with his play things here on earth !

Steve
Old 23-05-2008, 09:12 PM
Ima Racing

Rapid1 i reckon God intervened in your 2.99 to 60...did you pray before to get dodgy timing gear?
Old 23-05-2008, 09:15 PM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

ryan, please do not call me a prick
Old 23-05-2008, 09:17 PM
Ima Racing

Jim if the cap fits?
Old 23-05-2008, 09:31 PM
The Rapid 1

Originally Posted by Ima Racing
Rapid1 i reckon God intervened in your 2.99 to 60...did you pray before to get dodgy timing gear?

You got Lee sitting there with you

BUT

YES science can be used to prove everything lol, if not dodgy timing gear maybe GOD could be used to explain how it was a blind git that sat me 10ft behind the line giving me a nice head start

Steve
Old 23-05-2008, 10:10 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

could you pls stfu man, have some respect for others, who the fuck think you are?
I think I'm a realist mate. You're just so gullible you believe what I see everyday in my local village as a miracle.

Old 23-05-2008, 10:31 PM
All4it

ive got 2 Buddha ornaments, i call them BILL and BEN the Buddha men they sit aether side of a tree plant, i call the tree of life,

next on my list is the fountain of youth, last will be the fish of wisdom
Old 23-05-2008, 10:33 PM
kennyA
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

To try to discuss politics is difficult enough.

but a religious debate.

I once lived next to a vicar, a very nice man and a really good neighbour, but I simply could not discuss religion with him.

There simply was no discussion, so for me religion ended.
Old 23-05-2008, 10:36 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

though i dont believe in fuck all in the slightest, complete non believer in anything...

i DO think people are right sad cowardly cunts for abusing someone on the internet just because of what they believe in, esp when they clearly believe in it strongly enough that its hurtful to act like a cunt about it like some are...
Old 23-05-2008, 10:40 PM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Do you as a grown adult belive in the tooth fairy?? Well where is the difference then if you belive in a god

Sorry but religeon is the cause of all wars in the world IMHO...
Old 23-05-2008, 10:40 PM
Ryan_3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

FFS! i agree with the big bang theory

the adam and eve part, its a story to resemble us human, and ur sins. surely you want understand it.

god was at the beging of time. for all of us its a mystery.
Old 23-05-2008, 10:43 PM
The Rapid 1

FFS! i agree with the big bang theory

the adam and eve part, its a story to resemble us human, and ur sins. surely you want understand it.

god was at the beging of time. for all of us its a mystery.

IF you believe in the big bang theory, how can you also believe in God ?

Surely one contradicts each other by saying there way created Man
Old 23-05-2008, 10:45 PM
Ryan_3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

no it doesnt contradict.
Old 23-05-2008, 11:05 PM
The Rapid 1

Oh and just out of interest, for those saying they dont care what individuals believe, as long as they dont FORCE it upon "me", well my son just been diagnosed as Dyslexic, so I would like him to have some extra English lessons, to help him learn the basics of reading and writting (not much to ask for ten years old ), so I thought that maybe he could get some extra help by removing him from a less important lesson. Oh and seeing as he does RE (forced onto him at ten years of age) I thought that would be one of the lessons least important to him (as 99% of people now realise what a lie and waste of space religeon is), BUT NO, they have agreed to let him out of maths (of course he will never need maths later in life but will RE, oh and he aint that good at maths cos he gets all the signs confused and cant read the questions properly ) saying BY LAW he MUST attend RE, and even if I battle (could take up to a year, after "I" find out how to have him removed legaly from RE cos they aint gonna tell me) and get him removed he must still get some sort of re lesson somehow , confused on that bit think they were saying at the least I/ex must come into school and teach him or summit (will find out, google is MY friend), Know what i will teach him about religeon , fooks sake more important a ten year old is taught LIES than how to read and write
Old 23-05-2008, 11:07 PM
Ryan_3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

well we all have opinions.

Last edited by Ryan_3; 23-05-2008 at 11:08 PM.
Old 24-05-2008, 12:15 AM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

99% of people now realise what a lie and waste of space religeon is..

can you please show me where you pulled that random bullshit figure out of?

end of the day.. i belive in god.. theres somethings that happend in my life that science cannot answer for..
Old 24-05-2008, 08:43 AM
The Rapid 1

Originally Posted by R5FORD
99% of people now realise what a lie and waste of space religeon is..

can you please show me where you pulled that random bullshit figure out of?

end of the day.. i belive in god.. theres somethings that happend in my life that science cannot answer for..

Yep quite right, just a random figure i made up , just showing in principle people arent this day and modern age being led blindly, because science guides us with the ANSWERS.

Can you please explain WHY there has to be reason behind everything that happens in your life ??? Each time you burp, fart, shit, walk to your car start your engine, is it God making you do them in a certain way ? Like say when im at work and wearing a hard hat and then hit my head ducking under a beam, is that cos God showing me how lucky I am, and that if I hadnt worn my hat, I would have hurt my head, OR is it just down to the fact, "I" mis judged the extra height on my head and wouldnt have hit my head at all if I WASNT wearing the hard hat

Oh and for all the people wanting a place to go when you die, well I'll tell you where that is, In the fooking ground where you then get eaten by worms and the like, and your body decomposes into the ground, would look a sorry site walking round in "heaven" with worms and grubs crawling out of every orifice
Old 24-05-2008, 09:24 AM
morcheen

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

how many different gods/religions have been invented now? take your pick and join the sheep.it's a 'belief' not a fact. you might as well worship the lockness monster.religion =control for the masses by the rich few. get rid of it all i say,and the worst thing is having it in schools! lettuce pray
Old 24-05-2008, 11:29 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Galbally
erm, studying it?

far too much of a detailed discussion to get into on a forum
that's the point i'm tring to make jim

studying something is one thing

living the life according to those codes and ethics and all the other stuff that goes with it is a whole different ball game, you probably haven't even scratched the surface

i would probably wager that i knew more about "real life" islam than you, but i couldn't say the same about any other religeon other than sikhism

but for all you believers, god created man to create god

to all the non belivers, man crated god to create man

you can no more proove the existance of god than you can disproove it, it all comes down to what you believe, and if you don't believe then fine, but if you do, then that's equally fine by me, just don't try and force your beliefs onto me and we'll get along just fine

and i know the hispocracy with sikhsim is that you must have been born a sikh to be a true sikh, although we will accept everyone no matter who they are to come and pray with us and eat our food as long as they are not intoxicated
Old 24-05-2008, 11:48 AM
Kam B
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

bloody non beleivers

if you dont beleive in god your are all going hell* haha

(*im being sarcastic)
Old 24-05-2008, 06:25 PM
Ryan_3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by EsCosRacer
disgrace for what ?? god fearing people ?

i am still typing....so i guess ur allmighty god aint watching ? as little as watching any catastrophy in the world ??

oh yeah, i forgot, god the allmighty and good has his reasons why 100´000+ people starve, get killed etc....on a daily basis

lovely god u worship..... i rather worship a taiwanese whore, at least i know what i am dealing with
wtf? people starve because of politics. WE are to blame for all that not god.
Old 24-05-2008, 06:44 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by EsCosRacer
god is a bit like a ford cosworth....
Of which MAD are the GOD of tuning them. Sorry, couldnt resist it back mate
Old 24-05-2008, 07:21 PM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

rapidone, by law you do have to be taught some RE in school. however its only sometihng like a single lesson every 6 months or something, not a full time class. the school obviously has its own policies, but dont let them confuse this with LAW.
Old 24-05-2008, 07:33 PM
Mr C
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Lee Ivatt
exactly what it is.

in the past we didnt really have any science, religion was used to explain the world and its events.

now we can use science to explain 99.9% of everything.

thats all religion is/was, a tool to give the masses hope and understanding.

sadly now tho, the science has taken the unexpained object away, but religion was also like a moral guide. hence why today the world is a more unsavory place. as now parents use computer games to raise their children.
that has always been my blief, a book written on the wonders of the earth to try and help people come to terms with things they werent able to understand. now for desperate people to follow fanatically unfortunately- to the extremes of mass murder, and for those still seeking moral guidance.
For the latter I can understand needing help and understanding but to still follow crap about a "GOD" and higher force, adam and eve etc blah blah, should be illegal to spout such lies and teachings, it really isnt healthy

PUNKIE WTF are you doing, you`re bringing this forum a little above the gutter with your threads on abortion and religion, seriously though good discussions and its good to read and get involved in subjects such as the above- nicely done. Gushing over ahem from your new fan Mark
Old 24-05-2008, 07:35 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by Jim Galbally
rapidone, by law you do have to be taught some RE in school. however its only sometihng like a single lesson every 6 months or something, not a full time class. the school obviously has its own policies, but dont let them confuse this with LAW.
steve, based on this what jim has stated id like to tell you that i was excluded from RE when i was at school for offending the teacher,,,,, i was wearing a t-shirt that had jesus in bright yellow and the words " kill your idols ", now she asked me why im wearing that,,,, i couldnt answer and she asked me my belief,,, im of NO belief as its all rubbish and the reason for all wars from the start of time,,,

she took offence and refused to teach me and sent me to the head who had me excluded until i appologised,,,,, my parents didnt understand it either so respected me not saying sorry

now im FAR from religious and was HAPPY to be sent home at 14:45 every monday and ive lots nothing apart from understanding others religion better,,,, though i doubt i would have learned that in school anyway

MATHS is needed,,,,,, geography/history/RE isnt as important in general IMO
Old 24-05-2008, 07:51 PM
Mr C
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Matt J
I dont read any papers as they're the same as politicians, all full of shit.

Couldnt put it any better than this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WLoa...eature=related

And she was born and raised a muslim by the way.
THAT IS A POWERFUL INTERVIEW!!!
I REALLY have to to do more research on this evil that is crushing the world, just from that very clip I have to say that being a Muslim and following throught the holy books wishes is an evil and tyrarannical thing to do and everybody but them know it how is it possible that such actions are allowed to be practiced? And to think its all through the written word!
Old 24-05-2008, 08:46 PM
Rod-Tarry
Happily retired

Received 237 Likes on 151 Posts

what a pointless thread.

Can I however add a point.

If there is no God/judgement, then both sides of this arguement have nothing to fear cos life will end at death. If however the believers are correct a few on this thread have a bit of a problem.
We cant explain/prove many things like where space ends ? if it does whats beyond it or if it dont end surely thats impossible, dare I say thats no more impossible than a God/Creator who has the answer.
Dont some of you lads be so cock sure of yourselves & credit to the few on here who have taken a stand for their faith. .

I expect a tirade of abuse over the above statement from certain quarters but remember thats your gamble not mine.
Old 24-05-2008, 08:54 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

rod,,,,,, is there a reason why your sitting on the fence,,,, is it cause your getting closer your worried about your past and trying to cover your arse pmsl
Old 24-05-2008, 09:31 PM
cossiecrew
PassionFord Post Whore!!

god aint real.its all make believe bullshit what ever religion.prove there real and i might believe you until i will stick to my veiws its all fairy tale crap
Old 24-05-2008, 09:32 PM
cossiecrew
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Ginge !
rod,,,,,, is there a reason why your sitting on the fence,,,, is it cause your getting closer your worried about your past and trying to cover your arse pmsl
sorry but thats fuckin funny
Old 24-05-2008, 10:13 PM
Mark V8
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 166 Likes on 145 Posts

Religion is just mind control aimed at weak minded fools.
Why on earth people waste a good part of their lives praising one lord or another perplexes me.

I'm down on the census as a Jedi, it has just as good a chance as being right as all the other crap being spread by bomb toting mullahs and the sad cunts who call themselfs christains but like to shag choir boys up the arse in the name of god

Religion= brain poison

Mark
Old 24-05-2008, 10:17 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

i believe in god

but when i was dead, there were no shiney lights, there was nothing until i woke up again

so does this proove or disproove the exestance of god?

or some other deiety that is all powerfull but hides in the distance?

or should we all be living our lives as portrayed in the dark matters books?
Old 24-05-2008, 10:32 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

sorry but islam is NOT forced on others at all !!

i work with a large selection of faiths in my place from seikh, muslim and another faith i cant remember right now where you can eat pork but not a cow

Hindu !

anyway,,,,,, none of them force it onto me, when they fast they get on with it,,,,, they been doing it all there lifes hence they dont get bothered about it

they aint nut cases,,,,,, they DO occasionally remind me or haram ( or what ever its called ) but they get on with things !

Quick Reply: The Religion Debate...