General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

The Religion Debate...

Search this Thread

Old 23-05-2008, 12:37 PM
dvid
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For me its the fact that scientifically, physically or whatever, it is impossible for "god" to exist and that is enough for me, if god exists then I will get struck by lightning on the way home or something like that. I foster a boy with disabliities and his mum is VERY religious! Hasn't she been well rewarded for her faith, a child with complex disabilities

IMO all religious people are brainwashed and under the false believe that "god" will light the way etc.... No, what will be will be
Old 23-05-2008, 01:23 PM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

the one religion that makes the most sense to be is budhism. and thats not technically a religion anyway...lol

if i had to piack a mainstream proper religion as the one that makes the most SENSE, it would be islam tho
Old 23-05-2008, 01:31 PM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

comments like that show how little people know about islam, stop reading the sun
Old 23-05-2008, 01:31 PM
dvid
PassionFord Post Troll

Ooh god hob nob time
Old 23-05-2008, 01:49 PM
Ryan_3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Punkie
I dont think they would let innocent people go through as much shit as they do.
god is there to help you through shit, not throw you into shit. this is were you all wrong. god didnt create deseases etc, its nature and our way of living that is creating sickness with all our harmful chemicals etc. so dont blame it on god, blame it on humans. as I said, god doesnt want to see us suffer with sickness, but helped us with remedies suck as medicines etc.

this clearly is my opinion, and no I am not a FOOL if I beleive in god, be tolerant.

thankx
Old 23-05-2008, 01:51 PM
Ryan_3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by dvid
For me its the fact that scientifically, physically or whatever, it is impossible for "god" to exist and that is enough for me, if god exists then I will get struck by lightning on the way home or something like that. I foster a boy with disabliities and his mum is VERY religious! Hasn't she been well rewarded for her faith, a child with complex disabilities

IMO all religious people are brainwashed and under the false believe that "god" will light the way etc.... No, what will be will be
its a cause of nature mate, stop saying that god gave him the disabilities.

you cant prove god by science.
Old 23-05-2008, 02:15 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

i may not be the first to have not read the whole thread, but god exists, they've made films about it (indiana jones for example) and he's also on the simpsons

that's proof enough for me

on a more serious note, scientits cannot explain how eyed developed so theres one for the notn believers
Old 23-05-2008, 02:18 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by Jim Galbally
if i had to piack a mainstream proper religion as the one that makes the most SENSE, it would be islam tho
all accepted religions teach the same basic things, "be good, don't do evil things"

it's how these are put across that causes the problems

as for becoming a muslim jim, i don't think you really understand religeon
Old 23-05-2008, 02:22 PM
dvid
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Ryan_3
you cant prove god by science.
What can you prove it by then?
Old 23-05-2008, 02:23 PM
Ryan_3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

dojj sorry toaks, can I ask what religion you follow, out of curiosity mate

I am a roman catholic.
Old 23-05-2008, 02:23 PM
Ryan_3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by dvid
What can you prove it by then?
in the poor and every living thing.
Old 23-05-2008, 02:25 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dojj
all accepted religions teach the same basic things, "be good, don't do evil things"

it's how these are put across that causes the problems

as for becoming a muslim jim, i don't think you really understand religeon
i can assure you Jim does understand religion. Very well in fact
Old 23-05-2008, 02:30 PM
dojj

ryan
i'm a sikh

rich
jim made the statement that he was an athiest, so to become religious he must have had some sort of spirtual thing going on where he saw the light and became religious
hence the question that he can't understand religeon
Old 23-05-2008, 02:31 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by Matt J
What about Fossils, where did they come from? or is God just winding us up and putting them in the ground for a laugh?

that's a whole different kettle of iguana's though mate, you have creationalists and the other lot who believe in the bible

and there are plenty of people who will make you undestand how it works one way or the other so i can see both sides of the arguement
Old 23-05-2008, 02:32 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

ryan
i'm a sikh

rich
jim made the statement that he was an athiest, so to become religious he must have had some sort of spirtual thing going on where he saw the light and became religious
hence the question that he can't understand religeon
Dojj,

He understands religion. He may be an atheiest but just because he isnt a beleiver, donest mean he doesnt understand what he is going on about.
Old 23-05-2008, 02:43 PM
dojj

not being a believer means you cannot understand what's going on

it's like them girls who went to india to do stuff for the 20:20 cricket and were told "you can't go and dance, you're too dark"

knowing something and thinking you know about something and then finding out you didn't really know as much about what you thought you knew as you do when the shit hits the fan and it's too late are 2 totaly different things

being converted to islam and being a convert are 2 totaly different ends of the spectrum so if he's turned to islam then i would have to question why

mike tyson did it because the nation of islam was the place to be inside a prison, and no matter how hard you can hit, and however many muctherfuckers to knock sparko out, there is a limi to the amount of times you can do it before someone gets lucky

covert conversions and public conversions and the likes of tom cruise blowing his life and career trying to be one of them space freaks as he has been portraied in some of the media doesn't help
Old 23-05-2008, 03:26 PM
Paul Eggleton
PassionFord Post Whore!!

god is there to help you through shit, not throw you into shit. this is were you all wrong. god didnt create deseases etc, its nature and our way of living that is creating sickness with all our harmful chemicals etc. so dont blame it on god, blame it on humans. as I said, god doesnt want to see us suffer with sickness, but helped us with remedies suck as medicines etc.

this clearly is my opinion, and no I am not a FOOL if I beleive in god, be tolerant.

thankx
Do you believe in creationism Ryan? Or that we should all be back in caves, do you even think cave men existed?
Old 23-05-2008, 03:31 PM
Ryan_3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

can you define creationism pls mate?
Old 23-05-2008, 03:33 PM
Paul Eggleton
PassionFord Post Whore!!

can you define creationism pls mate?

Adam and Eve, Garden of eden etc
Old 23-05-2008, 03:50 PM
percybigun
Twistin me melon man

anna stop starting (or start stopping!) debates that you know will cause a load of arguing lol
Old 23-05-2008, 03:53 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

I believe anyone who goes around in this weather wearing a jilbab is mentally ill. This is my belief, but I won't be going to there country any time soon and becoming offended by it as I am going there by choice. Some people seem to forget this.

Benni.

Last edited by Benni; 23-05-2008 at 04:04 PM.
Old 23-05-2008, 04:04 PM
dojj

they come from a hot climate so they'll be used to it
Old 23-05-2008, 04:06 PM
jameswrx
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

The biggest joke for me is the whole Jesus and 'immaculate conseption' thing

I mean FFS!

A virgin becomes preganant and her husband hadn't even touched her Get real, the old scrubber was putting it about behind his back, got up the duff and claimed she was still a virgin. The bloke must have been slightly reatrded and believed the line, next thing many other retards spread the word like wild fire and the 'son of god' was born!
Old 23-05-2008, 04:08 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

they come from a hot climate so they'll be used to it
That is one of many reasons why I disagree with it. A British women could not go into her local jeweler wearing a balaclava. I also feel it makes a mockery of the whole CCTV system my local city center have in operation.

Benni.
Old 23-05-2008, 04:10 PM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

dojj, you've misunderstood, i do not beleive in anything and have not been converted to anything. i eman based on the studies i've done of all the major religions, the one that seemed to have the most sensible down to earth approach was islam.

i'm not saying i beleive in it, i just mean it seemed like it was taking a sensible common sense approach rather than just being all made up to control people.

obviously, there are parts that are dodgy tho, but that can be said of everything.
Old 23-05-2008, 04:17 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by jameswrx

I mean FFS!

A virgin becomes preganant and her husband hadn't even touched her Get real, the old scrubber was putting it about behind his back, got up the duff and claimed she was still a virgin. The bloke must have been slightly reatrded and believed the line, next thing many other retards spread the word like wild fire and the 'son of god' was born!
God created the heaven and the earth; yet nobody could not see the fact that Mary was having her pasty smashed in my the next door neighbor.

This brings us back to Anna's other debate; abortion. Would of been so much easier if the neighbor paid, and said nothing to Joseph. What was back then a miracle, is now deemed a slag.

Benni.

Last edited by Benni; 23-05-2008 at 04:18 PM.
Old 23-05-2008, 04:21 PM
Turbocabbie
Top Cab !!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Serious question for people of all faiths !!!

We know that there are thousands of religions that have existed, hundreds that currently do, and 5 or 6 major ones at present.

By studying these religions it becomes apparent that they are all basically the same. None of them stand out as obviously better than the rest, they all have the same fundamental moral codes (don't steal, murder, rape, etc)

Now, a thing that people say is that man cannot "be moral" without "God."

Well, unless you are going to say that every religion has been divinely inspired then this statement is patently false.

First of all assuming that you believe that there is ONE true religion, then you have to accept that there are hundreds of other religions, and all of those religions are about equal to your "true one" in terms of content.

That means that you would have to acknowledge that every other religion is MADE BY MAN.

This would mean that there is no substantial difference between the religions made by man and the one "made by God."

Does it not seem odd to you that one religion would be divinely inspired, but all of the others, which are basically the same, were not?

Why would human beings develop religions in the first place if the origin of religion is supposed to be God? If the origin of religion is God then why are there more than one religion? If God made one religion then why are the others made by man virtually the same as the one God made?

If the idea of God comes from God then how did all these people who were without God develop religions?

If Christianity were truly divinely inspired it would stand out as markedly different from other religions which had to be created only by men, but it is not markedly different at all.

It's like having 10 paintings all of relatively the same quality, and then saying that one of them was made by God, and the rest were made by men. Kind of silly...

Last edited by Turbocabbie; 23-05-2008 at 04:29 PM.
Old 23-05-2008, 08:04 PM
Ryan_3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Benni
God created the heaven and the earth; yet nobody could not see the fact that Mary was having her pasty smashed in my the next door neighbor.

This brings us back to Anna's other debate; abortion. Would of been so much easier if the neighbor paid, and said nothing to Joseph. What was back then a miracle, is now deemed a slag.

Benni.
could you pls stfu man, have some respect for others, who the fuck think you are?
Old 23-05-2008, 08:04 PM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

erm, studying it?

far too much of a detailed discussion to get into on a forum
Old 23-05-2008, 08:06 PM
Ryan_3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by jameswrx

I mean FFS!

stfu if you dont know what ure talking about, have some respect, if ure not religious fine, but stop offending others.
Old 23-05-2008, 08:09 PM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

tbh benni's comments aren't really offensive, you just take them as such due to the way you've been tought.
Old 23-05-2008, 08:41 PM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

some very mature people on this thread
Old 23-05-2008, 08:44 PM
Ryan_3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Jim Galbally
tbh benni's comments aren't really offensive, you just take them as such due to the way you've been tought.
and i ve been thought good. ok fair enough youre not religous, but not anyones like you. prick.
Old 23-05-2008, 08:45 PM
Ryan_3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by EsCosRacer
james : so maria was a whore that humped someone else then claimed to be a pregnant virgin ??

sounds like the real bible story to me
ure a fuckin disgrace.
Old 23-05-2008, 08:57 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

And here goes religion, starting another fight.

Like I said further up, religious people should be free to worship so long as they don't start telling everyone else what they can think or do.

You don't like someone else's opinion, that's fine. But don't start throwing insults around when someone says something you find offensive - doesn't the good book say something like turn the other cheek?

I think I'd like a mod to lock or even delete this thread before anyone says something they shouldn't or that they might come to regret when the red mist clears.

Last edited by Iain Mac; 23-05-2008 at 09:00 PM.

Quick Reply: The Religion Debate...