General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Anyone use the bath road towards heathrow? WTF?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 09:57 PM
4x4
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone use the bath road towards heathrow? WTF?

as above, just used the bath road towards heathrow and they've turned one whole lane into a fooking ANY TIME bus lane leaving only one lane for cars!

There was never a problem on that road but now its a different story! anyone use that road now at peak rush hour??? has it made things worse now that cars can only use one lane!

The amount of private cars travelling down that road to heathrow is massive compared to the 1 bus every 5 mins!

bad move by local counsil or whoever made that plan go ahead? Nice way to ease a heathrow congestion charge huh?
Old 02-05-2008, 08:33 AM
Hardeep_Singh
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by 4x4
as above, just used the bath road towards heathrow and they've turned one whole lane into a fooking ANY TIME bus lane leaving only one lane for cars!

There was never a problem on that road but now its a different story! anyone use that road now at peak rush hour??? has it made things worse now that cars can only use one lane!

The amount of private cars travelling down that road to heathrow is massive compared to the 1 bus every 5 mins!

bad move by local counsil or whoever made that plan go ahead? Nice way to ease a heathrow congestion charge huh?
yeah i live of bath road, got to be one of the dumbest ideas, as you say theres not much traffic down that road therefore no problems for public tranport so i see no benefits from it at all to them. As for traffic during peak hour when i leave home for work at 8:30 its normally fine but from the car wash to the jolly wagnor pub round about theres traffic but thats always been there, when going home its not to bad either but i can see serious problems when they close the m4 exit nearby as they do quiet abit

dumb idea though as you say i've heard theres road traffic cameras that will snap a picture of you if you drive in the bus lane all the way down so dont risk driving in it

Last edited by Hardeep_Singh; 02-05-2008 at 11:18 AM.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:51 AM
frog
0-60 in 17 seconds (eek)

Thanks for the heads up, I often use the bath road to get to heathrow as it used to be quicker than the M4 at peak times, sounds like this is no longer the case
Old 02-05-2008, 09:20 AM
b_kennedy
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Angry

I drive down there all the time. It actually seemed better after the opening of T5. Seemed to have eased slightly. But now they put these lanes in it f**ked it up even more!!! Just glad that my tax money could be of use
Old 02-05-2008, 11:18 AM
4x4
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by frog
Thanks for the heads up, I often use the bath road to get to heathrow as it used to be quicker than the M4 at peak times, sounds like this is no longer the case
don't think its made too much of a difference after what hardeep said but still its a fooking piss take. Thought us car owners pay enough £££ to not be restricted on the roads we pay for.

the clarkson quote comes to mind in these situations "why do the poor have to get to their destination faster" or something like that! lol
Old 02-05-2008, 11:21 AM
Hardeep_Singh
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by frog
you should fine! like i said only if the m4 exit nearby is closed off you get diverted onto bath road where this used to cause havoc even before the bus lane was done!