General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

What are the legal implications of parking a van..

Search this Thread

Old 23-10-2004, 05:13 PM
James
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What are the legal implications of parking a van..

Ok, here's the story i have a company car and some bastard has hit it whilst it was parked outside my house on the road. The problem is the road is narrow outside my house so oncomming traffic squeezes past each other in opposite directions along parked cars on one said and parked cars on the other side, most motorists have the sence to wait ten metres down the road and let the comming traffic pass, those that don't hit anything in the way. There is also a problem with theft/mindless vandalism so i like it outside my door, along with my other two cars.

Now this Focus i've had for three weeks, 240 miles on the clock now with a dented wing, door, and rear door which costs me £70 per pannel The same happened about 5 times whilst i had the last one within three years aswell No fucker hits my old cars that have been there for twenty fooking years!

Anyways, heres what i was thinking, buy a transit van, park a few inches from the kerb so people have to go around this so prehaps miss the focus infront? Now i am sure i have read somewhere that theres a law against parking a goods vehicle on a road/residential area or something, anyone know anything about this?

The peeps nest door are funny fuckers so if there is a law they'll look into it and get the coppers on my back

Cheers for any advice/ideas!
Old 23-10-2004, 05:42 PM
DazC
10K+ Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A Transit isn't a HGV as long as it's less than 3.5 tonnes GVW IIRC (not on a tachograph)...

I park my Transit on the road outside my home....
Old 23-10-2004, 05:42 PM
Alvyn
PassionFord Post Whore!!

u can park upto a 5 tonne lorry may even be 7.5 outside your house so a van will be a NO problem. stuff your neighbours
Old 23-10-2004, 05:46 PM
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can park a tractor unit (summat like a nice scania 164M) outside yer house providing the 5th wheel has been disabled/removed as it is then unable to carry a load and is catagorised as a PLG (private light goods) and ya can drive it on a car licence then too

if someone hits that then they're blind
Old 23-10-2004, 06:47 PM
Rs Baz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

put a dumper truck there and let's see how much of a mess it doe's to there car