General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

4-2

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 06:53 AM
Redkop
Member No: 39

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's understandable that Arsenal fans are going to be really bitter... as Liverpool have effectively ruined Arsenal's season in the space of a week.

ManU/Chelski fans should be grateful!
Old 09-04-2008, 07:26 AM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Redkop
Well it makes a change for Liverpool to get ref's decisions on their side.... they certainly didn't at the beginning of the PL season nor countless other calls during the season.... The old adage applies - it works itself out over the season.

Remember Rob Styles anyone?

At least Liverpool aren't linked up to referees like some managers are....

OINK OINK
Quality Link ....

It was an absolute RIOT in our 'T'bar last night, all the neutrals were shouting for Liverpool, going down 1-0 to Arsenal so early and such a sloppy goal was worrying, especially as they totally dominated the first 25 mins (why do Liverpool always start slowly? ), then we picked the pace up and took the game to Arsenal, and got rewarded with a towering header from Sammy, , and looked favourites most of the game after that.....

Torres, what can you say, goal from an area he had no right to score from, then credit where credit is due, Walcots run was awsome ( but two players had the chance to take him down and the yellow would have been worth it), really thought we were in trouble then , then a min later Stevie G is stepping up to take the pen, how mad was that??? ....

The Babel goal just wrapped up the game and the evening , Liverpool win a lot of games from showing real grit and determination, Arsenal switched off as soon as they had scored the second goal, and it cost them......

Things we have learnt from this game:

1) Torres is a baby faced assasin
2) Even when Stevie G plays poorly he still pulls out a result for us.
3) Wenger is a bad looser
4) Walcott is fucking dangerous
5) Chelsea are now shitting themselfs (P.s you are going out again)
6) Man U fans are still cunts
7) Never, ever, write Liverpool off in Europe

Liverpool Vs Man U final is where my money is, 1-0 at anfield 0-0 at the bridge to get there.

YNWA :b anana::ban ana:
Old 09-04-2008, 07:33 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well done Liverpool for beating us. Brilliant game. No way was that a penalty, but your last goal was brilliant. I hope they go on to win the whole thing
Old 09-04-2008, 07:43 AM
Redkop

Originally Posted by CossieRich
Well done Liverpool for beating us. Brilliant game. No way was that a penalty, but your last goal was brilliant. I hope they go on to win the whole thing
Not a penalty?

Look closely
Attached Thumbnails 4-2-pen4.jpg  
Old 09-04-2008, 07:48 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Not a penalty?

Look closely
No, not even close, he didnt need to go down like that, but you got the decesion in your favour. It doesnt matter as your 4th goal made the outcome.

As a little kid i was a liverpool fan, but with living in South London i stopped supporting them to support Crystal Palace but i soon got fed up with watching them loose and wating my money, so Arsenal got my vote. I shall now be rooting for liverpool just like i do everytime Arsenal arent involved any more
Old 09-04-2008, 07:51 AM
Redkop

No, not even close, he didnt need to go down like that, but you got the decesion in your favour. It doesnt matter as your 4th goal made the outcome.

As a little kid i was a liverpool fan, but with living in South London i stopped supporting them to support Crystal Palace but i soon got fed up with watching them loose and wating my money, so Arsenal got my vote. I shall now be rooting for liverpool just like i do everytime Arsenal arent involved any more

OK then
Old 09-04-2008, 07:53 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

OK then
You better beat Chelsea
Old 09-04-2008, 08:08 AM
Redkop

The funniest bit of the match was one of the commentators saying neither Gillett or Hicks were at the game............ cue ITV cameras zooming in on Gillett sat next to Rick Parry in the director's box...
Old 09-04-2008, 08:39 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

The funniest bit of the match was one of the commentators saying neither Gillett or Hicks were at the game............ cue ITV cameras zooming in on Gillett sat next to Rick Parry in the director's box...

That is lost on me im afriad Lynne. I have no idea who yu are talking about. Football isnt my chosen sport to follow
Old 09-04-2008, 08:50 AM
Redkop

Football isnt my chosen sport to follow
No shit!
Old 09-04-2008, 08:52 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

That is lost on me im afriad Lynne. I have no idea who yu are talking about. Football isnt my chosen sport to follow

is that why you change your team so often?
Old 09-04-2008, 08:55 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Originally Posted by Lambchop
is that why you change your team so often?

probably yes Chop . No point in supporting a team whose ground im never going to visit
Old 09-04-2008, 09:00 AM
Hardeep_Singh
PassionFord Post Troll

Got to say arsenal and liverpool fans show admiration for each other like no other big team fans do

even at work no dissing is going on from the liverpool fans to the arsenal ones just lots of smiling, arsenal fans have said they want us to go all the way now

what a game!

i didnt want to comment on this but the pen was just the same as kuyt foul and i like all liverpool fans agreed on that match thread that it was a pen therefore so was this, just the ref got it rite this time!

Last edited by Hardeep_Singh; 09-04-2008 at 09:02 AM.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:01 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Hardeep,

that only because every Arsenal fan loathes Chelsea
Old 09-04-2008, 09:04 AM
Hardeep_Singh
PassionFord Post Troll

yeah but there saying they want us to win the whole thing not knock chelsea out then lose!
Old 09-04-2008, 09:05 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Originally Posted by Hardeep_Singh
yeah but there saying they want us to win the whole thing not knock chelsea out then lose!
Of course we want you to win. And give Chelsea a proper hammering en route
Old 09-04-2008, 09:06 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Definitely a pen Rich. There was contact, he went down in the box - penalty. Whether that is right or not is another matter that is more to do wth rules than interpretting the rules, but it was clumsy.

Arsenal had no-one else to blame but themselves. They defended so poorly, with Senderos being the main culprit. Who stands off Torres from that distance?

Interestingly, when Arsenal needed that equalizer, they had no ideas whatsoever! Constantly lumping the ball up to Adebayor and missing. You could see as soon as Liverpool took the lead, they moved touch tight, closed everything down and didn't let Arsenal play, and the Goons didn't know how to respond. It only took a piece of individual brilliance from Walcott to make something happen.

Good game for us Spurs fans though!
Old 09-04-2008, 11:25 AM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

It was a fantastic game, really really special.

As for us getting lucky decisions....that's not strictly true, it's just the way some people like to comfort themselves. ( i for one was shouting how lucky Uniteds equalizer against Boro was, Rooneys shot was an easy save for the keeper til it took a huge deflection and went in. )

Penalty decisions are sometimes 50/50, but i doubt anybody who saw that incident the very first time, live, thought it was anything but nailed on.....Toure was clumsy, he was all over the back of him and Babel couldn't stay on his feet (he didn't dive at all, or even go to ground easily.) Last week Hleb's should have been given, but he does go down easy and maybe that's why the ref never gave it....for me last weeks ref was 99% perfect.

I can't believe no-one took Theo out, he should've been launched into row Z but he just kept going...amazing assisst, possibly the best we'll see this season.

As for Arsenal, Wenger got it wrong again, team selection, tactics, motivation all wrong....that's why you lost, not because of a 'dodgy' penalty.

Arsenal will spend money in the summer, i fully expect them to win the CL in the next 5 yrs.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:36 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thats because if we do beat chelsea, the chances are we could get united in the final, and just like us, arsenal hate them aswell. if arsenal had beat us last night, id want them to go on and win it, id much rather them than united or chelsea
Old 09-04-2008, 01:48 PM
GTechR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Has to be said, there is some sort of strange admiration between Liverpool and Arsenal Fans, I got a few texts last night from Arse fans and to a 1 they where all very positive...

I always check to see what they have done score wise, along with Newcastle...
Old 09-04-2008, 01:50 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Its because Liverpool fans generally dislike the same teams as Arsenal. ie scum u and chelsea
Old 09-04-2008, 05:22 PM
Hardeep_Singh
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Fiddy UK
Thats because if we do beat chelsea, the chances are we could get united in the final, and just like us, arsenal hate them aswell. if arsenal had beat us last night, id want them to go on and win it, id much rather them than united or chelsea
oh yes absolutely, thats why i have a soft spot for them and the way they play football
Old 09-04-2008, 05:29 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

oh yes absolutely, thats why i have a soft spot for them and the way they play football
when they played in the final against barca in 06, i was shouting arsenal on, if that was united or chelsea against barca, id have been shouting barca on . but i agree, arsenal do play some really nice football, they way they move the ball, its nice to watch