General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

wheres khans post

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 11:38 PM
Westy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default wheres khans post

come on here and its gone.. race cards out?!
Old 05-04-2008, 11:45 PM
rst in breaking
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Westy
come on here and its gone.. race cards out?!
its been removed due to racist comments
Old 06-04-2008, 12:03 AM
Westy
10K+ Poster!!

not good

bring it back
Old 06-04-2008, 12:08 AM
c.fogarty
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Canned I think...

...someone commiting the sin of using a old, outdated, offensive & disgusting word (abreviation to be precise)

(rhymes with Jakie)

Please ignore the many less sensitive people, who try to convince you of no morethan a harmless slang word in ref' to Khan's country of origin.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:43 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

I said it would be deleted.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:59 AM
c.fogarty
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by Benni
I said it would be deleted.
Whooooaa........

No doubt about it. You have a true gift from God himself.....

You must channel this rare ability to see into the future, and use it for the good of mankind......

P.S And can you P.M next weeks lottery numbers mate ??
Old 06-04-2008, 01:04 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by c.fogarty
Whooooaa........

No doubt about it. You have a true gift from God himself.....

You must channel this rare ability to see into the future, and use it for the good of mankind......

P.S And can you P.M next weeks lottery numbers mate ??
You have a Private Message.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:09 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Now I have told you these, I don't expect them to spread like an STD, Warts and Mad Yums top speed.

I hope you respect my wishes, Benni.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:37 AM
Martyn
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes it was deleted, as people were complaining about it.
Racism is not welcome on PF and will not be tolerated.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:21 AM
NEO™ŽŠ
PassionFord Post Troll

as above
Old 06-04-2008, 09:42 AM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the abriviation is not racist technically..
Old 06-04-2008, 09:51 AM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

id deny an abbreviation is rascist, although it depends in the context of the sentence its being used if it is meant as offensive. if abbreviations are rascist can we expect posts with references to scots being deleted?
Old 06-04-2008, 09:52 AM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I don't give a shit what colour or background etc he has, always draped in the union jack, and earns respect and pride from the uk.
Many whiter than white brits could do with a leaf out of his book....
Old 06-04-2008, 10:04 AM
vroomtshh
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by c.fogarty
ref' to Khan's country of origin.
You mean the UK?
Old 06-04-2008, 10:08 AM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Originally Posted by vroomtshh
You mean the UK?
obviously he means the country of his ethnic origin.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:03 AM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by C4llyT
I don't give a shit what colour or background etc he has, always draped in the union jack, and earns respect and pride from the uk.
Many whiter than white brits could do with a leaf out of his book....

At the end of the day he is BRITISH and should be supported for what he is achieving.

Regarding this abbreviation, yes technically i agree its not actually racist as its just an abbreviation just like a british person is called a brit, but as fuzzy said, it depends on how the word is used, and in this country in general, that particular word IS used as a word to cause offence. Whether or not the people its aimed at are actually 'really' offended by it.....who knows, only they do.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:06 AM
Mark 3D

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

im not racist!! i just think he is a complete tosser.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:21 AM
Paddy
Legend

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by fuzzy
id deny an abbreviation is rascist, although it depends in the context of the sentence its being used if it is meant as offensive. if abbreviations are rascist can we expect posts with references to scots being deleted?
If you look at the race relations act, for something to be considered a racist incident, it can be perceived to be racist by the victim or any other person involved.

So whether we find it offensive or not, if someone does, that's enough for any complaint to be taken seriously. So if you're offended by people using the word "Scot" in a derogatory way, make a complaint.

Whether people think that's stupid or not, it's an actual law and for the sake of argument I'm sure everyone can agree it's better to keep PF free from this sort of thing, if you want to keep the forum going.

In fact, as ignorance is always a key factor in this topic, I googled it and found it for people HERE.

An interesting read

Last edited by Paddy; 06-04-2008 at 11:22 AM.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:38 AM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

i dont think scot is rascist .i was just using it as an example of how silly things have become because according to law there will be some who will be offended by that and would complain.
generally people need to get a fucking grip and stop being so offended at every minor thing. theres far worse things to be genuinely offended by than an abbreviation.
its not ignorance ,its the fact that i can decide for myself whats really offensive without having to rely on some upper class government goon to tell me how to think.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:39 AM
Diamonds.
BANNED
BANNED

even if he had blonde hair, blue eyes and his blood line was perfect clean English the fact is....he is still a little cock
Old 06-04-2008, 11:44 AM
BRIGSPORT
UNAUTHORISED DEVELOPMENTS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know plenty of people of that race that refer to themselves by that word,and even have it on their reg plates!
Stop being so sensitive people!
Old 06-04-2008, 11:46 AM
Paddy
Legend

generally people need to get a fucking grip and stop being so offended at every minor thing.
I agree with you entirely and I know you were making an example about the Scot thing. Imagine if I got offended every time there was a joke about the Irish?

People need to get a grip AND do something about it. Join a political party or run for local government or join an action group that may actually affect things.

The problem with the internet is that it's far easier for people to comment on things than actually do anything about it.

And the problem with that is that if people want PF to stay open, they have to not only abide by the rules with their comments, but also by the law.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:49 AM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by BRIGSPORT
I know plenty of people of that race that refer to themselves by that word,and even have it on their reg plates!
Stop being so sensitive people!
yh diffrence is there saying it themselves.. its completey diffrent if a white person, indian or a black man say it.. its the same with the term 'nigg*r' if a black man says it its fine.. if you say it you better run your ass off
Old 06-04-2008, 11:53 AM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Originally Posted by Paddy
I agree with you entirely and I know you were making an example about the Scot thing. Imagine if I got offended every time there was a joke about the Irish?

People need to get a grip AND do something about it. Join a political party or run for local government or join an action group that may actually affect things.

The problem with the internet is that it's far easier for people to comment on things than actually do anything about it.

And the problem with that is that if people want PF to stay open, they have to not only abide by the rules with their comments, but also by the law.
i understand the side of the fence that you have to sit on as a moderator
your name causes a conflict.technically paddy would also be classed as a stereotypical rascist comment and could result in gordon browns gestapo paying me a visit but as its your name then its then not offensive?
Old 06-04-2008, 11:56 AM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Originally Posted by R5FORD
yh diffrence is there saying it themselves.. its completey diffrent if a white person, indian or a black man say it.. its the same with the term 'nigg*r' if a black man says it its fine.. if you say it you better run your ass off
but are they genuinely offended by the term? obviously not if they are using it themselves. or is it the middle class white man from the race relations board faining moral outrage on behalf of his black brothers for fear of being branded rascist himself and causing a problem where none previously existed?
Old 06-04-2008, 11:59 AM
Paddy
Legend

I'm not sure calling an Irish person a Paddy and inferring they are all thick as pig shit is TECHNICALLY racist, or even derogatory unless someone can prove it's not true?

But the fact is that ANYONE can decide something is racist under the race relations act, if they feel offended or aggrieved.

Agree with it or not, it's probably useful in a lot of circumstances and has actually got me out of a spot of bother in the past with a thug who called an ex of mine a Paki. If there weren't independant witnesses who classed his attack as racist, I would have been in a lot of shit.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:59 AM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

but are they genuinely offended by the term? obviously not if they are using it themselves.
Think of it as you calling your mum a silly old cow, or similar, I know I have.
Wouldn't stand for anyone else doing so though.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:03 PM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

[QUOTE=fuzzy;3211216]but are they genuinely offended by the term? [QUOTE]

erm yh maybe when you or i would say it .. its like when your pissed of with your missus and you call her ' an annoying fuktard bitch' you wouldnt let anyone else would you?

ps i dont call my missus that
Old 06-04-2008, 12:28 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

so its not the fact they are genuinely offended by the words its more a face saving excercise in not letting someone else get away with using the term .
Old 06-04-2008, 12:29 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

No different to you or I in the above examples though.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:37 PM
Westy
10K+ Poster!!

it got a bit messy when ULTIMATE SLEEPER came on here and claimed no one on this BB likes asians/muslims....... pathetic. I personally, like others I'm sure,do not have a problem with asians at all.. and obviously muslims for that matter..

when he said the "paki" word, I then asked if he was asian, as obviously a white man saying this is rascist Unfortunately got no answer...

chances are, he is asian, and complained of racism...
Old 06-04-2008, 12:42 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

i personally dont have a problem with anyone no matter what colour or religion they are, i do have a problem with people playing the race card to absolve themselves of any blame in situations.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:30 PM
Paul_RS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

I'm not sure calling an Irish person a Paddy and inferring they are all thick as pig shit is TECHNICALLY racist, or even derogatory unless someone can prove it's not true?
Do you like dawgs?

We are all super smart
Old 06-04-2008, 01:53 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

I didn't realise you were actually Irish, just thought it was a username. Puts a whole new slant on your witty ramblings now.

Where in Ireland are you from?
Old 06-04-2008, 01:57 PM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

it got a bit messy when ULTIMATE SLEEPER came on here and claimed no one on this BB likes asians/muslims....... pathetic. I personally, like others I'm sure,do not have a problem with asians at all.. and obviously muslims for that matter..

when he said the "paki" word, I then asked if he was asian, as obviously a white man saying this is rascist Unfortunately got no answer...

chances are, he is asian, and complained of racism...
yhhhh and your point isss???? he is asian and he said the 'paki' word.. and then you asked him if he is asian? and then you got no reply and he was complaning of racism.. whats your point
Old 06-04-2008, 02:10 PM
Westy
10K+ Poster!!

my point is, its funny how no-one else gets upset and runs to the mods isnt it..!!!

Fact is, HE being an INDIAN/PAKISTANI or whatever, came on here claiming this board does not like paki's or muslims.... WTF is that all about..? race card out already...!!!!!!

So as you can see... its ok for a paki to say paki, but if a white man does, its racist? and the thread gets deleted..?

Understand?
Old 06-04-2008, 02:25 PM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

my point is, its funny how no-one else gets upset and runs to the mods isnt it..!!!

Fact is, HE being an INDIAN/PAKISTANI or whatever, came on here claiming this board does not like paki's or muslims.... WTF is that all about..? race card out already...!!!!!!

So as you can see... its ok for a paki to say paki, but if a white man does, its racist? and the thread gets deleted..?

Understand?
yh i understand.. but why dont you understand that if a asian calls a white guy a 'white prik' its the same as you calling a muslim a 'paki' understand.. if a asian wether he be indian or muslim calls you a white prik your gona bring the race card out..

its also ok for a 'nigger' to say nigger and no one else
its ok for a indian to call achother 'pakis' as a diss but if someone else does all hellbreaks loose.
white guys can call themselves 'wiggas' but if a indian does then same thing happens
Old 06-04-2008, 02:31 PM
indycos
helooooo!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Understand?
typical englishman
Old 06-04-2008, 02:35 PM
Westy
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by R5FORD
yh i understand.. but why dont you understand that if a asian calls a white guy a 'white prik' its the same as you calling a muslim a 'paki' understand.. if a asian wether he be indian or muslim calls you a white prik your gona bring the race card out..

its also ok for a 'nigger' to say nigger and no one else
its ok for a indian to call achother 'pakis' as a diss but if someone else does all hellbreaks loose.
white guys can call themselves 'wiggas' but if a indian does then same thing happens

Whaaaaaaaaaat??

If someone called me a white prik as you put it.. I certainly wouldnt bring out the race card, I'd laugh it off and take no offence. I'm bteer than that to get offended so easily... See, maybe thats where we are different...!
Old 06-04-2008, 02:38 PM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

Whaaaaaaaaaat??

If someone called me a white prik as you put it.. I certainly wouldnt bring out the race card, I'd laugh it off and take no offence. I'm bteer than that to get offended so easily... See, maybe thats where we are different...!
the only diffrence is your saying all this shit now.. say you was at a club.. you got called a 'white prick' and you got jumped by 3 asians.. you end up in hospital with stitches..police come to see you and ask you if you provoked the fight

'nah they called me a white prik so must have been racist'

Quick Reply: wheres khans post