General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Car finance help

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 08:41 AM
snedboy
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car finance help

Right i need someone in the know who can help but if someone has experienced the same then any help appreciated

Right first of i have a car thats worth 6k px price but i have 8k left on finance.
I want to px against a car of same price (6k) or less and wondered how this would effect my px price and how the finance would all work out?

I haveant went to any garage as of yet as i dont want a red face in the place asking things like this lol and would like to know a bit more before trying to negotiate any sort of deal etc

Any help much appreciated
Old 05-04-2008, 08:54 AM
Rick Astley
Never gonna give you up!

Basically your in what they call negative equity which means your assets do not exceed what you owe. So you owe 2k.

Essentially when you say you want to part ex they will take your negative equity (2k) and add it onto any other finance package you take out with the garage.

HTH
Tim
Old 05-04-2008, 09:09 AM
snedboy
BANNED
BANNED

Right that was what i thought tbh but would i still get 6k for my car px'ing against a car of less value or would they drop the px price of mines?

I was basically looking at an audi a4 estate or subaru legacy or impreza estate and some of them are like 4k from garages and just wondered what sort of deal i would get basically

If theyre gonna offer me peanuts for my car against there's then i'll prob not bother and just keep my current estate witch iseant the car im talking of px'ing lol
Old 05-04-2008, 09:23 AM
XRdodgybird
Praise the XR!

If they have offered you 6k for the car, that's what you'll get for it, what you owe on it doesnt affect the price. you will just end up paying the shortfall on the new car.