General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

help please

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 02:30 PM
rsfido_1989
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default help please

i posted this up the other day
https://passionford.com/forum/showth...ats+this+worth

im going at the weekend to have a look to buy it.. what do i need to look for.. bad points.. battery tray. chassi legs. in general on top under side (im taking a jack and stands!) most importantly engine wise.. what should i look for.. what should i do to test the car? thanks a lot in advance for some help.. if i do decide to buy it ill get some better photo's up..

it does need some work as iv seen. the leather needs a trim on the drivers seat from wear and i dont want the wheels as i dont like them so if anybodys interested they will be forsale ( esc cos wheels will be fitted when i can afford them or if somebody wants a deal on a set if i get it)
Old 02-04-2008, 02:48 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

it "looks" nice

but if you've not seen it in the flesh and had a poke about, its probably not worth spunking that much oney on it

and like fuck would i go to his house with a wedge in my pocket, he'd get a cheque and be happy with it
Old 02-04-2008, 03:18 PM
rsfido_1989
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no i have seen it.. its really nice and as a whole its a better investment than my bonus.. iv been in it and it goes well but im going saturday morning for a good look under it and everywhere as now as iv done some insuance quotes i can afford it.i really need to know what i need to look at in more detail.. what are weak areas to look out for1

i know the back bumper is knackerd. but i have a new one and i have a friend to sort out the mounting point behind it. the interior needs a good clean up.

only reason he is selling is he cannot keep getting his kids in and out of it.

cheers darryl

and no he wont get the cash .. he will get a deposit.. deliver the car to my house with me sat next to him so he wont ragg it then get the rest of the money. he is related to my family and is sound as a pound with me... no bull shit he told me the faults and he as also just forked out another £500 on odds and sods for it as he is obsessed with having a reliable car ( and he wont fuk me about as me knows my dad and he is a big tattoo'd skin head and he knows it would be a bad move on his part .. gotta love family!)

Last edited by rsfido_1989; 02-04-2008 at 03:23 PM.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:43 PM
woodz77
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i emailed this geezer the other day . i offered him my golf and maybe some cash . i dont know what he reckons its worth but he wouldnt tell be a figure on top of my golf and he wouldnt even send me a contact number . he keep saying he'd spent a fortune on it , well i guessed that cos its a turbo and they are just money pits , in the end i said id bring a couple of hundred andmaybe a bit more . he still didnt send his number .

i took this as being rude . he should have said what he wanted on top . he just expected me to say a bigger sum of money on top . funny thing is , the golf is a second car and ive got the cash (£1750) to buy the cabs anyway i was just trying to see if i could do a deal first , and id have probably took £500 cash with it when i went to see it anyway but after the way he seemed i thought fook it and im going to look at another one 2moro !
Old 02-04-2008, 04:51 PM
sedan man
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks quite smart to me...