General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

ghosts,paranormal????

Search this Thread

Old 28-02-2008, 10:35 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My auntie used to always buy me a bar of choclate, whenever she did I used to see flashing lights, she told me it was her husband calling me. I never believed it, and when she passed away I carried on buying the same bar of choclate, and could see the same flashing lights above my eyes. Then one day I was sure I was being possesed as I stopped breathing, and hitting myself with a shoe.

Turns out, I was allergic to the choclate, and was having a seizure, brought on by classing migraine.

Benni.
Old 28-02-2008, 10:43 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by maria
I once saw a clairvoyant.... and she told me things about my family past, about my present, and about different happenings in my life that she could never of known unless she had some sort of source telling her.

The things she was telling me couldnt of been found out on google, or on any other search engine or in fact by any means.. as a lot of them were secretive to myself.....

explain that?
Very easily.

It's called "cold reading".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_reading

Give you another example.

Everyone's heard that urban legend/myth about waking up in bed, and not being able to move.... being totally paralysed. I've heard versions where ghosts were holding down their legs, or they felt like they were being crushed by some mystical figure....

Hmmmmm..........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

Nah, fuck it. It MUST be ghosts!
Old 28-02-2008, 10:57 PM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trust me Pon, she would never of been able to figure some of this stuff on her own.... and i defintely wasnt giving anything away!!!!
Old 28-02-2008, 11:11 PM
dovboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by RichardPON
Very easily.

It's called "cold reading".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_reading

Give you another example.

Everyone's heard that urban legend/myth about waking up in bed, and not being able to move.... being totally paralysed. I've heard versions where ghosts were holding down their legs, or they felt like they were being crushed by some mystical figure....

Hmmmmm..........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

Nah, fuck it. It MUST be ghosts!
not myth ,its happened to me and i would go with the wikipedia explenation,not ghosts.
Old 28-02-2008, 11:12 PM
xr_craig
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Benni
My auntie used to always buy me a bar of choclate, whenever she did I used to see flashing lights, she told me it was her husband calling me. I never believed it, and when she passed away I carried on buying the same bar of choclate, and could see the same flashing lights above my eyes. Then one day I was sure I was being possesed as I stopped breathing, and hitting myself with a shoe.

Turns out, I was allergic to the choclate, and was having a seizure, brought on by classing migraine.

Benni.
i'm nearly crying
Old 29-02-2008, 09:07 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Trust me Pon, she would never of been able to figure some of this stuff on her own.... and i defintely wasnt giving anything away!!!!
But you would have been without realising.

They drop related keywords in a sentence, and you can unknowingly give away clues to that subject without even saying a word through simple completely unintentional eye movement and other body language movements.

Plus, the fact that you're there means that you are subconsciously far more open and willing on that level to share information.

That's what they do - it's a scam, and some of them are very good at it.
Old 29-02-2008, 09:33 AM
Mr C
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Lambchop
absolutely PMSL!

Now i thouroughly agree and was wondering how the hell i could reply tactfully without totally taking the piss. then i read your post and you summed it up quite well there

GHOSTS = LOAD OF BULLSHIT!
Yep me too, I just dont get it, ghosts??? Give me a break, unexplained stuff happens yes but ghosts, no you die and rot.
Can we do a thread on religion next- it will be equally insightful and full of shit no doubt. P.S. you cant ACTUALLY die and come back to life- discuss...
Old 29-02-2008, 09:36 AM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

But you would have been without realising.

They drop related keywords in a sentence, and you can unknowingly give away clues to that subject without even saying a word through simple completely unintentional eye movement and other body language movements.

Plus, the fact that you're there means that you are subconsciously far more open and willing on that level to share information.

That's what they do - it's a scam, and some of them are very good at it.

fair point.
Old 29-02-2008, 10:05 AM
Nash
Cake lover!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

3 years ago i would have said i dont belive it because i havnt seen it, this is why i actually do think there is something there:

Staying at Stephs one night and get woken up by a nudge off Steph. She says whats that[points to corner of room] because theres someone in the corner of the room. I look across and sure enough theres the figure of a man about 5,8ft tall, couldnt see his face as he has a long brown coat on with the hood up. For some totally random reason i just said dont worry about it, gave Steph a cuddle and went back to sleep. The next morning, i said did i see what i think i saw last night? She went man corner of the room and described him exactly as i had seen him.

Theres also a house in some woods on a training area we use with work, some of the lads refuse point blank to stay there. They have even said can charge me but i will not stay there again. We call it Mad house plantation, think you can guess what it used to be. Everyone who has stayed there overnight has a story to tell, probably doesnt help its now got a reputation and this just makes you belive stuff aswell.
Old 29-02-2008, 04:08 PM
picky775
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by Mr C
Yep me too, I just dont get it, ghosts??? Give me a break, unexplained stuff happens yes but ghosts, no you die and rot.
Can we do a thread on religion next- it will be equally insightful and full of shit no doubt. P.S. you cant ACTUALLY die and come back to life- discuss...
Mr C u do talk bollox,how can you say u cant die and come back to life???? Last year i had a severe case of ghastro enteritis and severe de hydration that severe i ended up collapsing and bein rushed to hospital when i arrived the doctors didnt think i was going to survive as they called my whole family to the hospital and told them it was 50/50.i had lost 98% of my body fluids and flatlined twice.So if you cant die and come back to life then how am i still here writing this now??? unless im a ghost and if thats the case then you wont be reading this thread or even puttin posts up as you dont believe in ghosts.I say each to there own about beliefes but as for your comment about you cant die and come back to life is utter bollox.
Old 29-02-2008, 05:03 PM
Mr C
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Wink

Originally Posted by picky775
Mr C u do talk bollox,how can you say u cant die and come back to life???? Last year i had a severe case of ghastro enteritis and severe de hydration that severe i ended up collapsing and bein rushed to hospital when i arrived the doctors didnt think i was going to survive as they called my whole family to the hospital and told them it was 50/50.i had lost 98% of my body fluids and flatlined twice.So if you cant die and come back to life then how am i still here writing this now??? unless im a ghost and if thats the case then you wont be reading this thread or even puttin posts up as you dont believe in ghosts.I say each to there own about beliefes but as for your comment about you cant die and come back to life is utter bollox.
I didnt just read that post above as it doesnt exist ahem...

No seriously though

I mean christ like as in the bible- not medically as if you were rotting you are unlikely to come round fella, FFS I know what doctors can do but that has nothing to do with religion which was my poke etc. in fact science craps all over religious beliefs daily but hey lets not start on that or I may be stoned for MY beliefs/disbeliefs.
Old 29-02-2008, 06:14 PM
picky775

Originally Posted by Mr C
I didnt just read that post above as it doesnt exist ahem...

No seriously though

I mean christ like as in the bible- not medically as if you were rotting you are unlikely to come round fella, FFS I know what doctors can do but that has nothing to do with religion which was my poke etc. in fact science craps all over religious beliefs daily but hey lets not start on that or I may be stoned for MY beliefs/disbeliefs.
see what your saying but in your post above you say its UNLIKELY to come around agian,that sounds to me that you not so sure????
Old 29-02-2008, 06:16 PM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Personally, I don't believe in ghosts and the paranormal, because I'm not a fucking idiot.

totally agree
Old 29-02-2008, 06:17 PM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

fair point.
have you ever read derran browns book? tricks of the mind?! read it and you will never see a cold reader again LOL
Old 29-02-2008, 07:56 PM
picky775

Originally Posted by GARETH T
totally agree
what do you not agree with ghosts/paranormal or your not an idiot????
Old 29-02-2008, 08:11 PM
Robski
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

until you experience something you will always be a doubter IMO...in my time i've seen and and experienced things that just can't be explained.

I'm a serioulsy synical and critical nit picking fucker of a person,even more than this PON guy!.....and i must say programmes like Most haunted don't do the paranormal argument any help either(cry)

Seriously though,i believe in that stuff....but im sure there are loads that don't,but thats life!!

like i said,until you expereince something....you will always be a doubter....
Old 29-02-2008, 10:49 PM
picky775

Originally Posted by Robski
until you experience something you will always be a doubter IMO...in my time i've seen and and experienced things that just can't be explained.

I'm a serioulsy synical and critical nit picking fucker of a person,even more than this PON guy!.....and i must say programmes like Most haunted don't do the paranormal argument any help either(cry)

Seriously though,i believe in that stuff....but im sure there are loads that don't,but thats life!!

like i said,until you expereince something....you will always be a doubter....
WELL SAID THAT MAN
Old 29-02-2008, 10:51 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

I've experienced stuff that could be ghostly apparitions, and I STILL don't believe in ghosts......

Personally, if you believe in something magical or mystical over and above a scientific explanation, you need your head testing.
Old 29-02-2008, 10:54 PM
picky775

I've experienced stuff that could be ghostly apparitions, and I STILL don't believe in ghosts......

Personally, if you believe in something magical or mystical over and above a scientific explanation, you need your head testing.
good job its each to there own then realy.
Old 29-02-2008, 10:57 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Or good job that some people can tell the difference betwen blind faith and stupidity!

Seriously now.......

If you saw some sort of ghostly figure, are YOU more likely to believe that it is a ghost, or that your brain is processing an image that isn't there?
Old 29-02-2008, 11:00 PM
Robski

SO.....if you think its not real THAN YOU MUST be correct then?
What a Prick you are!!.....all bow down to the Ponster,he MUST be right!!....next you will be curing cancer and solving the Princess Diana murder mystery! (cry)..and by the way who mentioned "magical or mystical"?
Old 29-02-2008, 11:04 PM
xr_craig
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

To be honest i see things more from Paddy's point of view. I don't doubt people have seen things and i do find it interesting. I'd like to see for myself for proof.
Old 29-02-2008, 11:06 PM
picky775

Or good job that some people can tell the difference betwen blind faith and stupidity!

Seriously now.......

If you saw some sort of ghostly figure, are YOU more likely to believe that it is a ghost, or that your brain is processing an image that isn't there?
first of all i believe very much in ghosts as i have seen them and as for your brain processing an image that isnt there WHY would it do that if as YOU say the image ISNT there??? Thats just like sayin to someone 'did u phone that guy back that phoned earlier' when no one phoned!!!!! Think ya talkin out ya arse tbh,you could do with thinkin what your postin before you post it.Fair enough you dont believe in ghosts an stuff but you dont need to try and justify the reason why,some people believe sum dont.
Old 29-02-2008, 11:11 PM
Robski

Originally Posted by picky775
Think ya talkin out ya arse tbh
to be honest the "PON" is famous for doing this!
Old 29-02-2008, 11:17 PM
picky775

Originally Posted by Robski
to be honest the "PON" is famous for doing this!
can believe it mate
Old 29-02-2008, 11:22 PM
RAT8OY

My Grandparents lived on a farm, that my great grandparents used to own (building dates back to the 14th century). The great grandparents sold the place and moved to a much bigger farm around the turn of the century. When my grandad had his own family (inc my Dad) they bought the place back. In between this time 2 old spinsters owned the place and died within 2days of each other !! The details of their deaths were never really told.

My grandparents had an open coal fire they used to put out WITHOUT fail every night after the chimney caught fire many years ago and set the hay store on fire as well. My Grandma came down one night and walked into the lounge of the farm to see not only an open fire fully ablaze as if somebody had put fresh logs on about 10mins before (she had gone to bed about 5 hrs before) but also saw a brief glance of what looked like two elderly ladies sat either side of the fire.

I grew up until I was 4 at this house and used to have a recuring nightmare (as most kids do) that a monster that looked just like my grandad except that his head looked liked it had been pulled off from above. Didnt think of it again until I was 15 and returned to the house for the first time in 4-5years (following a big family argument) Sat down having a family meal and there was a photo of my family and my Grandad stood next to his tractor with his head blurred JUST like i used to see in my dreams! Would of put it down to seeing the pic as a kid but the photo was taken just 2 years before. Scared the living fuck out of me!
Old 29-02-2008, 11:27 PM
picky775

Originally Posted by RAT8OY
My Grandparents lived on a farm, that my great grandparents used to own (building dates back to the 14th century). The great grandparents sold the place and moved to a much bigger farm around the turn of the century. When my grandad had his own family (inc my Dad) they bought the place back. In between this time 2 old spinsters owned the place and died within 2days of each other !! The details of their deaths were never really told.

My grandparents had an open coal fire they used to put out WITHOUT fail every night after the chimney caught fire many years ago and set the hay store on fire as well. My Grandma came down one night and walked into the lounge of the farm to see not only an open fire fully ablaze as if somebody had put fresh logs on about 10mins before (she had gone to bed about 5 hrs before) but also saw a brief glance of what looked like two elderly ladies sat either side of the fire.

I grew up until I was 4 at this house and used to have a recuring nightmare (as most kids do) that a monster that looked just like my grandad except that his head looked liked it had been pulled off from above. Didnt think of it again until I was 15 and returned to the house for the first time in 4-5years (following a big family argument) Sat down having a family meal and there was a photo of my family and my Grandad stood next to his tractor with his head blurred JUST like i used to see in my dreams! Would of put it down to seeing the pic as a kid but the photo was taken just 2 years before. Scared the living fuck out of me!
spooky mate.
Old 29-02-2008, 11:48 PM
RAT8OY

Although not ghost related, when we used to visit my grandparents on the way to the farm there was a very old set of terrace houses (5 in a row) and the middle one was boarded up and had not been lived in for around 30 years. I always used to spot it as a kid on the way . When I was about 17 there were temporary traffic lights up for road works near the house and me and my Dad were waiting in traffic (in his stage 3 saff I might add) right next to this empty house. My old man lent across and said do you know in that house about 30 years ago a bloke murdered his wife and cut her up into bits on the kitchen table? It was a proper Hanibal Lectur scene by all accounts and nobody had lived there since. About 2 years later it was refurbed and it now has people living there.

Whats the betting they didnt know that when they bought it?
Old 29-02-2008, 11:49 PM
Robski

Originally Posted by RAT8OY

when my mum was giving birth to me she had major complications(and till this day she still calls me a pain in the c**t PML)..anyway,she had the priest called as she wasn't expected to live through the birth.
When all this was happening she had what they call" a near death experience" and she had that floating to the top of the room and looking down on yourself experience and then she saw a light and was transpoted to a field...Where this old man was,that kept telling her(my mum)"its not your time girl,you have to go back"anyway...she survived the operation and got on with her life.
YEARS later,her mum(my nan) was seriously ill and my mum was going through her stuff and stumbled upon an old photo album and she flicked through it and then she turned a page and was frozen with shock. Eventually she asked her mum(my nan) who is that? She said "thats your great grandad,but you never met him"...and that was the old man that she saw in that near death experience!...and my mum was NEVER allowed to go upstairs and look at photo albums when she was younger BEFORE the synics say"ah,she must have looked in that photo album years before"...spooky stuff...but i'm sure the PON will say"your mum must have watched life on mars in 1974"..lol

Last edited by Robski; 29-02-2008 at 11:55 PM.
Old 29-02-2008, 11:53 PM
RAT8OY

It deffo makes you think!

There is a fuckload off stuff we dont understand!!
Old 01-03-2008, 12:00 AM
Robski

i've seen stuff and experienced stuff that HAS to make you think...but in PONS world its just my brain processing stuff that i didn't realise that was there all the time...lol
Old 01-03-2008, 12:03 AM
RAT8OY

Everybody has to find a way to explain things to themselves!

Everybody is welcome to their opinion!
Old 01-03-2008, 12:16 AM
Dre.1983
PassionFord Regular

Going back up the page to sleep paralysis. I have suffered with this. I never thought that i was being pinned down. It just proper shits you up. My experience of it for about the first year was i'd wake up just as i nodded of and my whole body would be taken over by a buzzing sensation, and your powerless to do anything, feels like your gasping for breath and cant breath. funny thing now i know about it, it doesn't happen anymore. I used to dred going to bed as i could feel an attack coming on.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:38 AM
Robski

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Dre.1983
Going back up the page to sleep paralysis. I have suffered with this. I never thought that i was being pinned down. It just proper shits you up. My experience of it for about the first year was i'd wake up just as i nodded of and my whole body would be taken over by a buzzing sensation, and your powerless to do anything, feels like your gasping for breath and cant breath. funny thing now i know about it, it doesn't happen anymore. I used to dred going to bed as i could feel an attack coming on.
i've had this on MANY occasion and have NEVER once thought it was paranormal...i just thought my brain had woke up before my body...but still its a REALLY unsettling experience
Old 01-03-2008, 12:42 AM
RAT8OY

Christ I am going to sound like some kind of weirdo but here goes,

I agree with the above totally!

We had some very bad news in that a very close friend of the family died around 20 years ago at 54 years old of a massive heart attack ( I learnt afterwoods when I was a bit older his was on the job!!) and about 10 mins after we got the news we were on the landing and stairs and the house lights flashed on and off 3 times which freaked everybody out. Anyway my brother was very very close to this guy and was suffering from exactly what was explained above, and could not get any sleep for around 6 months . They one morning (he was about 6-7 at the time) he said uncle Percy had sat at the bottom of his bed and told him not to worry about him and he was very happy! He didnt seem in the bit phased by this at all and never had a problem with sleep to this day as far as I am aware!

I am fully aware all this sounds like a load of shit!

The chap I am talking about used to work for Charles Clarke of Shrewsbury back in the day (60/70s) as a paint sprayer and started at the same time as 4 other guys. Within 6 months they were all dead, 2 of leukimea, him of a heart attack and the other rolling a XR2I in the snow! Makes you wonder about the paint as I was told breathing gear was sparse to say the least!
Old 01-03-2008, 12:46 AM
RAT8OY

Again here goes!

The bloke explained above, His Mrs told us that when she was on a holiday about 10years before his death in Cyprus she had her fortune read and was told she would loose her husband at 54 years old. Although she was also told the normal shit that they wont 'Normally' tel you this.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:48 AM
Dre.1983
PassionFord Regular

I aint had it happen for a while. But i really used to worry about it. The feeling i used get was unreal, it felt like i was fighting for my life. As i said i could feel it coming on as i was drifting off. Whether it had owt to do with how much i used drink as ive cut down now. It made me feel a whole lot better when my mate( i'd never spoke about it) came out that he had been having the experience.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:16 AM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

There is definatly something out there, fuck knows what though.

Has anybody had a kinda pre death experiance, where somebody will say something or do something out of the norm that really stands out, and the next thing is they are on the way to see the big man.

My Grandad leading upto his death needed constant care, couldnt walk alone, needed feeding, toileting, changing etc, his body had given up on him for his last couple of weeks, so his last night my mam puts him to bed then comes home,
Next morning my sister goes round to find him sat on his favorite chair in the lounge, best PJ's on and just looked like he was having a kip,
He had walked from his bed to his chair alone, first time in a month he was able, but diverted to the bathroom for a wash, brush of the teeth and change into his best newest PJ's,
We knew he was on his way out, it was just a matter of when, but how did he manage to sort himself out like that, did he know?

That is what tells me there is somekind of paranormal out there, because what happened that night was not normal.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:37 AM
tgevans2002
Virgin

My mother used work at an old pub in town, the previous owners, there son was out picking conkers in a village nearby and was run down by a car as he got too close to the road, freak accident. Anyway the reason my mum was working there was because her boyfriend knew the man that was going to be the new landlord and the place had been shut up for a few years. It was bare walls and floorboards inside, nothing, the day he began moving in, he took a box upstairs ( new landlord did ) came down, back up again with another one and there was a huge pile of around 100 conkers on the floor, now to me that seems impossible, but other things happened, the dumb waiter would go up and down by itself, one day my mum was in the kitchen and took all the cutlery out of the dishwasher and put it into piles of knives, forks, spoons etc on the table, went out into the bar to help out, and the whole lot had been scattered into one big mess across the table.

In the lounge out the back several customers reported there drinks ' dissapearing ' aswell.

Also my bedsit where im living at the moment, the landlords wife died of cancer aged in her late 40s.

The washing machine has been turned off at the switch twice ( have to pull the machine out to turn the switch back on )

I put a empty plastic milk jug on the cooker, and turned round i could hear this popping turned round again and the hob nearest the plastic container was on full blast and melting the jug.

Seen a lot of freaky stuff, also my nan died in October last year, about 2 weeks later my grandad kept waking up in the early hours of the morning and the bungalow was like a sauna.... heating had been cranked right up..
Old 01-03-2008, 07:17 AM
picky775

some spooky stories there folks KEEP em coming

Quick Reply: ghosts,paranormal????