General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

need my brakes looking at, but who and where? HELP asap pls

Search this Thread

Old 20-02-2008, 08:53 PM
rst in breaking
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need my brakes looking at, but who and where? HELP asap pls

im having problems getting my brakes to work, i converted it from a non servo with the master cylinder on the drivers side to a mk4 servo and linkage set up but i cant get any pressure on the pedal, ive been bleading them iwth and easy blead kit for hours and pedal feels like it starts to bite but dont want to bite anymore? i dont think the servo is pushing the master cylinder far enough? i was wondering could the pedal box be different causing this? im at the end of my teather with the brakes as i have a tight schedule and was wondering who could be the person to help? cheers
Old 23-02-2008, 08:28 AM
jonesymk2
PassionFord Post Troll

have you got discs on the back atall mate
Old 23-02-2008, 09:29 AM
Micky
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would have left it non servo on the drivers side,direct link from pedal to master cylinder.Now you have that stupid bar arrangement across the bulkhead to the master cylinder,loads of flex etc.Anyway this is'nt causing youre problem.If you have calipers on the back,make sure when bleeding them that the nipple is at the TOP,you may have to remove the caliper to get the nipple into this position.Other than that if you have calipers all round the master cyl may be too small to provide enough brake fluid pressure.We really need to know you're caliper set up.Regards,Micky
Old 23-02-2008, 09:34 AM
jonesymk2
PassionFord Post Troll

Talking

Originally Posted by Micky
I would have left it non servo on the drivers side,direct link from pedal to master cylinder.Now you have that stupid bar arrangement across the bulkhead to the master cylinder,loads of flex etc.Anyway this is'nt causing youre problem.If you have calipers on the back,make sure when bleeding them that the nipple is at the TOP,you may have to remove the caliper to get the nipple into this position.Other than that if you have calipers all round the master cyl may be too small to provide enough brake fluid pressure.We really need to know you're caliper set up.Regards,Micky

thats exactly what i was thinking with the rear calipers mate,i had the same problem with my estate when i did the brakes as ive got cossie discs and calipers on the rear,all you need to do is unbolt the caliper then just move it round to the top of the disc and bleed the brakes
Old 23-02-2008, 11:04 AM
XRT_si
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts
Thumbs up

Yes he has discs on the back. Sounds like this could be the issue
Old 23-02-2008, 01:34 PM
rst in breaking
PassionFord Post Whore!!

its not a feeling of air though. i can take the master cylinder of the servo and pedal works freely as it should, i can push the master cylinder manually but pressure is little and at the very end, if i put the master back on the servo the pedal has very little movement but does nothing?