General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

PUMABUILD - a reslut

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 08:37 PM
focuschivvy
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you was there saturday werent you dojj?
Old 10-02-2008, 08:38 PM
AndyRST
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by simhopper
Originally Posted by AndyRST
Now thats a bad state of affairs Where the hell would you go to get that sorted.

Simhopper, what car was it and what did you have done?
fiesta mk6 with a focus rs engine fitted

headgasket had gone before i collected!,blamed me for running 21psi of boost

shafts where short

wiring loom was a crock of shit with more warning lights that blackpool illuminations

lower engine mount snapped,weld looked like bird shit

and it only took about 8 months to get it back!
Old 10-02-2008, 08:39 PM
AndyRST
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Dojj, why didnt you mot it anyway and get the proper fail sheet (VT30 is it?) then you got a proper leg to stand on in a court about dangerous goods supplied and fitted
Old 10-02-2008, 08:41 PM
simhopper
PassionFord Regular

Now thats a bad state of affairs Where the hell would you go to get that sorted.

Simhopper, what car was it and what did you have done?
fiesta mk6 with a focus rs engine fitted

headgasket had gone before i collected!,blamed me for running 21psi of boost

shafts where short

wiring loom was a crock of shit with more warning lights that blackpool illuminations

lower engine mount snapped,weld looked like bird shit

and it only took about 8 months to get it back!
and was on budget right until the day i collected

id rather take my car to quickfit that pumabuild
Old 10-02-2008, 08:42 PM
RSandy

ouch, pumabuild is quite local to me, and from friends experiences, i wudnt go there myself

my friend used to work there in an apprentice type role, and whilst there he had an engine conversion carried out. shortly after this he had to part company with pumabuild, and when he was told he cud no longer store his old engine there, obviously, he went to pick it up.........

.....perfectly good engine had every port purposely filled the sawdust

nice fella's
Old 10-02-2008, 08:42 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

focuschivvy

yes mate

my mate said i was remakrably calm for someone who's just been fucked out of Ł560 plus everything else, but whats the point in kicking off? it's not going to get me anywhere and i was willing to walk away with Ł1100 and take the rest as just a lesson well learnt

but he got real upset real quick

what i can't understand is the ammont of people who acctually recomended him

i did all my homework, knew exactly what i wanted and thought i was getting what i got

only to put th epics up and then find out i'd been done up like a kipper

if the brakes were decent then i could have accepted it but they were so shit it was like putting mk2 fiesta stoppers on your 370 brake cossie
Old 10-02-2008, 08:46 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

I know of a focus ST owner who went there for a 300bhp conversion and then the owner openly admitted on an internet forum it was no faster than a standard ST. He then changed to Wolf tuning, he know can't afford to run the car and is selling up for either another Fiat Stilo, as he loved his last one, until he roofed it. Altough he might be getting himself a Renault Clio. He also said that Alan struggled to return his calls, and the quality of workmanship was poor. I guess the whole reason he thought Alan knew his stuff is because, when one idiot is talking to another idiot, they both automatically assume the person they are talking to is smart.

Benni.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:48 PM
dojj

AndyRST
i've still got his word that he saw the condition of the stuff fitted, but it's more important to me to have a car on the road and useable with the mrs expecting and having spent most of a week in hospital

he was doing me a favour in anycase but i've got loads and loads of pics, th eonly pic i don't have is the different sized bolts fitted to one of teh caliper brackets, one was stickout about half and inch and the other wasn't all the way through

oh yeah, someone in the other post asked me to check the wheel nuts were tight

the lockers were tight enough to have me worried if they were going to come out, and yet of the other 3 one the passenger side one was nipped up but not tight and the other 2 were as tight as i would expect

on the drivers side the lockers were even tighter and the 2 others were nearly as tight (still way to tight) and the other one was lose again

this was also the side that the wheel was starting to hit the caliper
Old 10-02-2008, 08:57 PM
monkey nutz
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

I thought they were meant to be good I was gonna order some brake discs & pads plus a splitter for mine off them, but I won't bother now
Old 10-02-2008, 09:01 PM
focuschivvy

i think it might be a case of all the bad stuff getting posted, but none of there good stuff ever does?

yer its abit shitty what theyve done to your brakes, but when ive been up there, some of there work has been
Old 10-02-2008, 09:06 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by focuschivvy
i think it might be a case of all the bad stuff getting posted, but none of there good stuff ever does?
There could be a reason for that? 'You went while Alan was having a bad day, and as a result I suspect you would make much more use of your bus pass'. Sorry mate, I have never seen a bad thread about MSD, Reyland etc. And when I did see one once from an idiot, there was over 11 pages of replies and every single one of them said MSD was amazing.

Benni.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:08 PM
simhopper
PassionFord Regular

yer its abit shitty what theyve done to your brakes, but when ive been up there, some of there work has been
so that makes it all ok then,so if he brake caliper had caught on his wheel caused him to spin and killed him?.....that would be ok aswell as the work you have seen has been ok?

yes the bad reviews are always the ones you hear about but when the owner does not give a shit and gets stroppy with the customer for there mistakes

do you here of these problems with the likes of a.g motorsport or reyland...NO

alan farmer has little or no respect for the people that line his pockets
Old 10-02-2008, 09:09 PM
James-W
PassionFord Post Whore!!

focuschivvy
good firms don't have any "bad stuff" to have posted against them.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:09 PM
focuschivvy

im not sticking up for them benni, im just saying, nothing good ever gets posted about them, so i thought i would i recall m reyland saying that he knows alan and hes good at what he does?

or something along those lines anyway, i stand to be corrected
Old 10-02-2008, 09:11 PM
JjCoDeX75
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Sounds like nothing short of con men at work to me.

Court seems like a reasonable measure to me Dojj, but why make yourself seem stupid with the way that you started the thread?

JJ
Old 10-02-2008, 09:14 PM
Martin-Hadland
1st to 200 without NOS

Received 119 Likes on 80 Posts

im not sticking up for them benni, im just saying, nothing good ever gets posted about them, so i thought i would i recall reyland saying that he knows alan and hes good at what he does?

or something along those lines anyway
I do know Alan quite well but am surprised that he has let this go so far..
Old 10-02-2008, 09:30 PM
robertthorpe
PassionFord Regular

if somthing had happened and you a carreerd off and wiped out a bus stop full of people it would be on your head, take the fucker to court teach him a lesson if he is that bad!!!!!! go to a range of mechanincs and garges and ask them to check your brakes when they say "holy fuck" you explain you hae recently had some work done, then ask them to right down exactly what they think of the work and sign it!!}! just a idea to build up a good case! it not just your life it was your familys and other road users!!!!!!

to be fair i dont know alan or ever used them so i cannot comment on him or his company all iam saying is if it is as bad as it is then somthing has to be done
Old 10-02-2008, 09:40 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by JjCoDeX75
Sounds like nothing short of con men at work to me.

Court seems like a reasonable measure to me Dojj, but why make yourself seem stupid with the way that you started the thread?

JJ
i wasn't sure if i wanted to make my case public or not
seems that i was not an issue seeing as a lot of peole have had bad experiences of them

martin, i'm fairly shocked at how things have gone as well
first he didn't make me aware that what i wanted wasn't going to fit
and then, litarly right at the last moment when it was all said and done, he said he couldn't sell it as a new kit so he was only going to give me second hand money for it and to take him t court if i didn't like it

i hadn't even said anything at all about it as i was expecting him to refund me the mo0eny for the kit as the labour i was fairly prepared to give him, even though it was the whole labour of putting washers into the kit to space it out

and i'm still willing to not take it further if he's willing to give me the extra Ł200

and he wasn't as polite about finding out i had been offered a better deal as you have been about him either, as this is what flipped him over the edge as soon as i mentined that he was out with the Ł900 and take me t court" statement
Old 10-02-2008, 10:20 PM
kiddie

Originally Posted by robertthorpe
if somthing had happened and you a carreerd off and wiped out a bus stop full of people it would be on your head, take the fucker to court teach him a lesson if he is that bad!!!!!! go to a range of mechanincs and garges and ask them to check your brakes when they say "holy fuck" you explain you hae recently had some work done, then ask them to right down exactly what they think of the work and sign it!!}! just a idea to build up a good case! it not just your life it was your familys and other road users!!!!!!

to be fair i dont know alan or ever used them so i cannot comment on him or his company all iam saying is if it is as bad as it is then somthing has to be done
Old 10-02-2008, 10:42 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by robertthorpe

i removed them form the car last week
it was booked ot have it's mot this week but i was called into work so it wasn't done
the mot guy last week spotted it and when i got home i remove the brakes, i did call him the day before but he said he would charge me for the labour to reove and refit my original brakes so i thoguht "fuck that, lets see whats been going on then" and that's wheni found the problems tha ti thought i wasn't going to find

to be honest, when he heard about the brake hoses he did look shocked and said the guy who fitted them shoul dhave changed them as he had the machinery and stuff to make new hoses up on site but he orgnally came to me to say that the braided hoses in the kit wern't returned and where were they

i'm sure tomorrow will be another day and i'm just glad i found and rectified the problembefreo it could get any worse

pics tomorrow (i hope) but now i'm off to bed
Old 10-02-2008, 11:10 PM
Elwood

I've read of similar problems encountered by another Focus ST owner. He has taken his car to the same company for work to be done on the exhaust system, new clutch, new turbo, NOS system to be installed amongst other low level jobs. He did post up a list and a competent mechanic with access to a full lift and all the necessary tools would probably only take a week or two to get the work finished.

This guy has now been without his car for three months.

When he questioned the owner over the delay, he was told "Yeah, we work on your car when we have the time".

According to the owner, who is fool enough to sit there and take it, there is no end in sight and a firm date for the return of the car is not forthcoming.

Draw your own conclusions from that account.....
Old 11-02-2008, 02:21 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by Elwood
I've read of similar problems encountered by another Focus ST owner. He has taken his car to the same company for work to be done on the exhaust system, new clutch, new turbo, NOS system to be installed amongst other low level jobs. He did post up a list and a competent mechanic with access to a full lift and all the necessary tools would probably only take a week or two to get the work finished.

This guy has now been without his car for three months.

When he questioned the owner over the delay, he was told "Yeah, we work on your car when we have the time".

According to the owner, who is fool enough to sit there and take it, there is no end in sight and a firm date for the return of the car is not forthcoming.

Draw your own conclusions from that account.....
3 months!?!???
Old 11-02-2008, 08:27 AM
dojj

got most of my money back now

alan was much more plesant on the phone this morning and i did explain to him that it was, as i have always maintainted, a breakdown in comuminctation between the staff

now that this matter has been resolved, ok so it's not the best way to get it sorted but it's sorted, can i just make everyone aware that it's not always this easy to solve matters and i was fairly well prepared to take it all the way to court if need be

also a bit of a wake up call to those who pay for stuff and assume it will be the things they require, make sure your reciepts are fully documented for what you have purcahsed

one mroe thing, techincally speaking, flying is still the safest way to travel
Old 11-02-2008, 10:10 AM
Redeye Jedi
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whats a re-slut?!
Old 11-02-2008, 10:14 AM
Billabong
PassionFord Post Whore!!

See the last link in Dojj's sig'
Old 11-02-2008, 10:16 AM
Redeye Jedi
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Billabong
Thanks, thats cleared it up nicely! Speeling isnt his strong point then!
Old 11-02-2008, 01:00 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by Redeye Jedi
Originally Posted by Billabong
Thanks, thats cleared it up nicely! Speeling isnt his strong point then!
unfortuntaly not
Old 11-02-2008, 04:36 PM
a_beast33
Virgin

hi guys

the guy that's been without his st for 3 months is me.

am after some advice, people on that link say court etc but ill need better proof and what charges i.e names.

as soon as i get my st back am off to superchips and then an engine tuner to check everything.

now i would like to ask pumabuild for a discount only thing is how i say it, i mean i cannot say gimmie a discount cos ur taking to long, he never gave me a date.
Old 11-02-2008, 04:37 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by a_beast33
hi guys the guy thats been without his st for 3 months is me.
WOW! I don't know you havn't gone mad? Make a new, more detailed thread?
Old 11-02-2008, 04:38 PM
GTechR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Fookin hell dude... was you a saint in another life? 3 Months? jees you want your head testing
Old 11-02-2008, 04:39 PM
rssteve

Dojj, the fact is you came on here saying how shocking his work was, and you was going to take him to court. You have also stated you have got most your money back, so obviously not all. You have lost money and taken time off work to sort his shit out. Now take him to ourt like you ame on here saying you were going to. imo you look like a cunt now, seriously look back at these threads and tell me you can really say its sorted when you have not got all money plus compensation back.
Old 11-02-2008, 04:42 PM
Rab
Fucking superstar........

Originally Posted by GTechR
Fookin hell dude... was you a saint in another life? 3 Months? jees you want your head testing
3 months! LOL

You should take it to AVA. Get it back quicker
Old 11-02-2008, 06:14 PM
dojj

all in i'm about Ł200 out of pocket, but i think it's money well spent considering i was willing to get my money back for the brakes

now i've got it back i'm not going to stop saying the service and treatment and fitting was shocking, but i can say that, with persistance, i was able to get the majority of it sorted to my satisfaction

i think it was the fact that i was fairly willing and able to get the mot guy to tell me in court that it was unsafe and dangerous and once he knew that he sort of stopped being so hostile

he didn't fit the brakes and he made it clear when i returned the items that there were brake pipes missing, but once i told him there were none fitted and the extent of the stretch on the brake lines he did visable change and took a lot more intrest

i went to him with the idea that he would refund me the money for the brakes and the rest i could put down to "experience"

i think that i've made my point
Old 11-02-2008, 06:36 PM
OldDan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

So basically- Alan has seen this thread - shit himself releasing that you've actually got the balls to go to court and give you the money back?

Now for beasts turn
Old 11-02-2008, 06:46 PM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Mate you must be on crack, I would want every penny back for the hassle you have gone through. Fucking appaling behaviour, fitting brakes is one of the most simple jobs to do, a "proffesional" should be able to do this in a few hours to a high standard.....

If you let these people get away with it they will continue to take the piss, you asked for a service and product and recived neither to an acceptable, let alone good standard, therefore you are not obliged to pay a penny, stand up for yourself and get your hard earnt back, if someone came into your house and took money off you, you would be livid and chasing the cunt for it...

Just my opinion
Old 11-02-2008, 08:22 PM
dojj

i could say stuff but then it would not do me any favours

lets just say it's sorted, and thank you to all concerned who made it happen
Old 11-02-2008, 09:08 PM
simhopper
PassionFord Regular

hi guys

the guy that's been without his st for 3 months is me.

am after some advice, people on that link say court etc but ill need better proof and what charges i.e names.

as soon as i get my st back am off to superchips and then an engine tuner to check everything.

now i would like to ask pumabuild for a discount only thing is how i say it, i mean i cannot say gimmie a discount cos ur taking to long, he never gave me a date.
join the club,anything but simple exhausts and brake conversion he takes the piss with

woodys car took forever,theres plenty of fiesta st owners where alans had the car longer than what the owner has

then theres his mapping on cars,and the damage that he has done to some fiesta st`s

a lad of ukfn had his mk4 fiesta in for a duratec converison that still was not complete/hardly touched in six months

then theres the tango focus that had headwork done to a extrememly poor standard that scored the cams,and basically wrecked his head,and this was after his headgasket gave up twice after pumabuild had allegedy fixed it,and the windscreen sealant used on the head blocked the oil and water ways

well done alan ya ma must be proud
Old 12-02-2008, 09:03 AM
a_beast33
Virgin

woodys car took forever,theres plenty of fiesta st owners where alans had the car longer than what the owner has

well beat this,

i brought the car brand new from evans halshaw, drove to pumabuild which is 10 mins away and i haven't seen it since.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:06 AM
Ad4m RST
BANNED
BANNED

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well beat this,

i brought the car brand new from evans halshaw, drove to pumabuild which is 10 mins away and i haven't seen it since.
Un-fuckin-believable mate
Old 12-02-2008, 10:09 AM
monkey nutz

well beat this,

Fucking piss take mate, can't believe that Performance Ford endorse this lot then?!

Quick Reply: PUMABUILD - a reslut