General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

x

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 06:05 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dont worry, a lot of people on here are numptys anyway.

But as said on other post, where did ou here the info? As imo its sounds like SNP rubbish. And dont judge everyone by few people on here, then imo if you did you would be as bad as them
Old 05-02-2008, 06:07 PM
McGoo 69
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i love it when people throw in the racist card, so fucking funny.

maybe it has nothing to do with your nationality, people may just not like you
Old 05-02-2008, 06:08 PM
JK99
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

He's got a fair point. He simply posted up about another form of Sterling not being accepted down south.

I'd hazard a guess that the English, Scottish, and Irish notes are all lumped together to create GBP?

Will we have GBP if England decide that they don't want to put in place measures to check the Scots and Irish notes?

I'm sure they have a system for checking Euros, Dollars etc etc!

CallyT - No wonder we think some of you lot are complete tools! I'd like to see all these facts you have regarding subsidising Scotland.

Look at transport for example, the 2 major bus companies are Scottish and they pump your government full of cash. First are no.1 in trains, again pumping your government with cash.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:08 PM
Moonstone Steve.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi Rhys, good to see the old siggy back

Steve
Old 05-02-2008, 06:09 PM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

WTF

Kids these days
Old 05-02-2008, 06:09 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

All prescription charges will be abolished in Scotland – with English taxpayers picking up the bill

The SNP administration had already decided to scrap prescription charges for chronically-ill patients from next April. But yesterday's move – which will cost Ł70million a year – was branded the last straw for English taxpayers forced to pay for a huge range of public service handouts for Scottish citizens.

Annual public spending on schools, hospitals and other public services is around Ł1,500 a head more in Scotland than in England – all funded by the British Treasury.

We have big financial problems in the NHS in England. I don't think the English taxpayer will understand why, in those circumstances, they are being asked to subsidise preferential treatment in Scotland.

Earlier this month, Scotland's First Minister Alex Salmond accused Chancellor Alistair Darling of short-changing Scots after his comprehensive spending review gave Holyrood a 1.8 per cent funding increase, compared to the UK average of 2.1 per cent.
But former Scottish Labour minister Sam Galbraith said that when Scotland gets 20 per cent more money per head for public services, Mr Salmond's comments "make us look like stupid, whingeing Jocks".
He added: "You can understand why the English complain about it.
"One of the things we have to remember is if you go to poorer parts of England – the North East, the North West and some parts of London – the expenditure per head is atrocious in comparison with Scotland."

Tip of the iceberg that
Old 05-02-2008, 06:10 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Jigga

CallyT - No wonder we think some of you lot are complete tools! I'd like to see all these facts you have regarding subsidising Scotland.
See my previous post
dazoriginal
prodigal son

He's got a fair point. He simply posted up about another form of Sterling not being accepted down south.

I'd hazard a guess that the English, Scottish, and Irish notes are all lumped together to create GBP?

Will we have GBP if England decide that they don't want to put in place measures to check the Scots and Irish notes?

Look at transport for example, the 2 major bus companies are Scottish and they pump your government full of cash. First are no.1 in trains, again pumping your government with cash.

some decent talking there
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Thought would get it out of retirement mate until i get a new car.. As cant put a sig with a fookin mondeo in
Old 05-02-2008, 06:11 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by dazoriginal

See below for even better

Originally Posted by C4llyT
All prescription charges will be abolished in Scotland – with English taxpayers picking up the bill

The SNP administration had already decided to scrap prescription charges for chronically-ill patients from next April. But yesterday's move – which will cost Ł70million a year – was branded the last straw for English taxpayers forced to pay for a huge range of public service handouts for Scottish citizens.

Annual public spending on schools, hospitals and other public services is around Ł1,500 a head more in Scotland than in England – all funded by the British Treasury.

We have big financial problems in the NHS in England. I don't think the English taxpayer will understand why, in those circumstances, they are being asked to subsidise preferential treatment in Scotland.

Earlier this month, Scotland's First Minister Alex Salmond accused Chancellor Alistair Darling of short-changing Scots after his comprehensive spending review gave Holyrood a 1.8 per cent funding increase, compared to the UK average of 2.1 per cent.
But former Scottish Labour minister Sam Galbraith said that when Scotland gets 20 per cent more money per head for public services, Mr Salmond's comments "make us look like stupid, whingeing Jocks".
"One of the things we have to remember is if you go to poorer parts of England – the North East, the North West and some parts of London – the expenditure per head is atrocious in comparison with Scotland."

Tip of the iceberg that
Old 05-02-2008, 06:12 PM
Shings
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 05-02-2008, 06:13 PM
dovboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

At the beginning of time, God was discussing the creation of the world with
the Angel Gabriel. Leaning back in His golden throne, He told Gabriel of His
plans for Scotland.

"Gabriel," said God "I am going to give Scotland towering mountains and
magnificent glens resplendent with purple heather. Red deer will roam the
countryside, golden eagles will circle in the skies, salmon will leap in the
crystal clear rivers and lochs, and the surrounding seas will team with fish.
Agriculture will flourish and there will be a glorious coming together of
water with barley to be known as whiskey. Coal, oil and gas - all will be
there. The Scots will be intelligent, innovative, industrious and …."

"Wait a minute!" interrupted Gabriel, "Are you not being just a wee bit too
generous to these Scots?"

But the Almighty replied, "Not really. wait till you see the wankers i'm putting next to them!"

dont realy care about the border between us thats all in the past,love the friendly banter with my english mates if there is football or rugby on but thats all it is banter!
Old 05-02-2008, 06:15 PM
Daviet
PassionFord Post Whore!!

cally all that says its we get more per person but we also pay more per person and if you fucking inbreds hadnt sold of our oil too cheap we would have even more
Old 05-02-2008, 06:15 PM
rauri
up in smoke........

i have to laugh at the way everyone is on about it as if its a different currency....its not,its sterling the only difference is that its printed by a different bank

and as for the "no way to see if its fake" i am informed by my g/f who work in a shop that bank of england and bank of scotland notes all test the same under the same uv tester thingy so thats a load of toss too it seems

i stated on the other thread that i was offended when i was told my scottish sterling was no good on my last trip to englanshire......that had fuck all to do with where i come from tho,twas only to do with the fact that i was being told i couldnt use sterling (because it said bank of scotland on it....all the notes i had were nearly new for the record)

altho i live in scotland and i was born here all my family are english and i was conceived in kesgrave so tbh i count myself as english and if it wasnt for the fact the oil is here and thats what i do for a living id be offski back down the road sharpish,altho going by some of the attitudes on this board i wonder if i would be welcome with my scottish accent.............
Old 05-02-2008, 06:16 PM
col cos1
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Diamonds
Originally Posted by col cos1
just get the old braveheart dvd out and watch it that will cheer you up mate
the bit where he is stripped naked and dragged through the city at the heels of a horse to the Elms at Smithfield. Then hung, drawn and quartered strangled by hanging but released while still alive, emasculated, eviscerated and his bowels burnt before him, beheaded, then cut into four parts. Then his preserved head was placed on a pike a top London Bridge. Then later joined by the heads of his brothers, John, and Simon Fraser. All his limbs then were displayed, separately, in Newcastle, Berwick, Stirling, and Aberdeen.

oh no they missed most of that out
aye they just included the bits where the english out numbered the scots and got slaughtered again and again by the scots with no armour
Old 05-02-2008, 06:18 PM
Shings
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by rauri
and as for the "no way to see if its fake" i am informed by my g/f who work in a shop that bank of england and bank of scotland notes all test the same under the same uv tester thingy so thats a load of toss too it seems

Which shop does she work in.. I'll be right round.

Seriously the UV light thing is OLD hat... and not even the slightest of deterants- and there are ways round it too....

Jake
Old 05-02-2008, 06:18 PM
dazoriginal
prodigal son

[quote="C4llyT"]

See below for even better

[quote= the english are so far up there own arses i'ts unreal
they moan groan and take the hump
spit the dummy oot they think they own the country
there all BIG MEN waiting to get you
maybe bum you so watch out
tossers
Old 05-02-2008, 06:19 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Daviet
Why you biting? Also as someone who is impartail i think you have some facts wrong too. Oil to cheap? dream on.... that the price it was at the time

IMO UK is best as a whole, but no reason why cant celbrate being Scottish, English, Welsh etc. People from both sides here have blinkers on.

IMO i dislike old Salmonnd up there, as hes a header with some of the shit he spouts out But also English sometimes dont help alot too.

If people sto whining and just have simple banter, then get over it. UK is VERY small country, lets face it where in it together.
Moonstone Steve.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by dovboy
At the beginning of time, God was discussing the creation of the world with
the Angel Gabriel. Leaning back in His golden throne, He told Gabriel of His
plans for Scotland.

"Gabriel," said God "I am going to give Scotland towering mountains and
magnificent glens resplendent with purple heather. Red deer will roam the
countryside, golden eagles will circle in the skies, salmon will leap in the
crystal clear rivers and lochs, and the surrounding seas will team with fish.
Agriculture will flourish and there will be a glorious coming together of
water with barley to be known as whiskey. Coal, oil and gas - all will be
there. The Scots will be intelligent, innovative, industrious and …."

"Wait a minute!" interrupted Gabriel, "Are you not being just a wee bit too
generous to these Scots?"

But the Almighty replied, "Not really. wait till you see the wankers i'm putting next to them!"

dont realy care about the border between us thats all in the past,love the friendly banter with my english mates if there is football or rugby on but thats all it is BANTER!

Thats all it should be m8 none of this racist crap talk ffs

Steve
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Daviet
cally all that says its we get more per person but we also pay more per person and if you fucking inbreds hadnt sold of our oil too cheap we would have even more
Why'd you idiots let us?
Old 05-02-2008, 06:21 PM
dovboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Rhys
Daviet
Why you biting? Also as someone who is impartail i think you have some facts wrong too. Oil to cheap? dream on.... that the price it was at the time

IMO UK is best as a whole, but no reason why cant celbrate being Scottish, English, Welsh etc. People from both sides here have blinkers on.

IMO i dislike old Salmonnd up there, as hes a header with some of the shit he spouts out But also English sometimes dont help alot too.

If people sto whining and just have simple banter, then get over it. UK is VERY small country, lets face it where in it together.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:22 PM
JK99

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tip of the iceberg that
CallyT - That's brilliant. A few biased 'facts' that don't really mention anywhere that "the English subsidise the Scottish".

Typical attitude that you feel that you are the only people that contribute to the BRITISH GOVERNMENT funding. Take oil out of Britain and you're fucked!

Some many of you lot moving up here now into "our" country to work in the oil.

To set the record straight, I have no problem with any country. It's just some people's narrow-minded attitudes that get to me. And don't worry, there's a lot of them up in Scotland too!
Old 05-02-2008, 06:25 PM
rauri
up in smoke........

Originally Posted by Shings

Seriously the UV light thing is OLD hat... and not even the slightest of deterants- and there are ways round it too....

Jake
long drive mate,and tbh im not even sure if thats what they use,my point was the notes are essentially the same apart from the pictures

mind you i know a lot of places that never check...got any duff ones?
Old 05-02-2008, 06:25 PM
Barry_GTi

Funny that whilst travelling I never had problems exchanging or using my Scottish Sterling in places like Hong Kong, Dubai, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand...... however drive to Birmingham and you get looks as if you are a Bank Robber of some sort trying to use your own printed money......

Either way it's all crap, Scotland would be better off in some ways being independant and worse off in others, no one is right saying either way.

I do know one thing though, every where I went people seemed "relieved" that I wasn't a Pomme......... The perception of the English World over is not good I am afraid and that is not me being racist, I have some very good English friends and made even more on my travels but there is a very strong dislike for you guys out there???
Old 05-02-2008, 06:26 PM
dazoriginal
prodigal son

a just like the way the english has handled this
fellow scots
topic is about abuse
then goes to fitbaw
then politics
then who shags who
then your granny
then the doggies balearics
then ///./,.,//.,/.,/.,/., talk about losing it
eminem watch oooootttttt
Old 05-02-2008, 06:29 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Gone full circle, now every fuckers raping and pillaging our country
Old 05-02-2008, 06:32 PM
dazoriginal
prodigal son

Originally Posted by Barry_GTi
Funny that whilst travelling I never had problems exchanging or using my Scottish Sterling in places like Hong Kong, Dubai, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand...... however drive to Birmingham and you get looks as if you are a Bank Robber of some sort trying to use your own printed money......

Either way it's all crap, Scotland would be better off in some ways being independant and worse off in others, no one is right saying either way.

I do know one thing though, every where I went people seemed "relieved" that I wasn't a Pomme......... The perception of the English World over is not good I am afraid and that is not me being racist, I have some very good English friends and made even more on my travels but there is a very strong dislike for you guys out there???

AGREED BIG TIME
Old 05-02-2008, 06:32 PM
Shings
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Shings

Jake
long drive mate,and tbh im not even sure if thats what they use,my point was the notes are essentially the same apart from the pictures

:

They're not mate.. there are a good 10 or so ways of checking an english note and they're all very common and in the public domain- a lot of the time you need a good real note to compare too.. thats where the scottish notes fall down as most people have never seen a good one often enough OR have one close to hand to compare with.

I now know 1 way of checking a scottish note.

The other is not accepting it.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:35 PM
dazoriginal
prodigal son

IF PEOPLE ANSWERED IN THE CORRECT MANNER IN THIS POST OR THE LAST THERE WOULD NOT BE SO MANY SHIT POSTS SIMPLE
YOUS CAN'T EVEN DO THAT WITHOUT HAVING A GO AT US SCOTS
SEEMS THE ENGLISH HAVE A PROBLEM

BY THE WAY WIT IS YER PROBLEM
Old 05-02-2008, 06:36 PM
dovboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

moaning scots sound like this lot(replace romans with english).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExWfh6sGyso

i think the problem is if you ask other nationalitys what you think of when you think of scotland its whisky,water,golf,oil/gas,fishing......etc etc

but with england the biggest export is football hooliganism
Old 05-02-2008, 06:39 PM
Shings
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Old 05-02-2008, 06:40 PM
dazoriginal
prodigal son

i think the problem is if you ask other nationalitys what you think of when you think of scotland its whisky,water,golf,oil/gas,fishing......etc etc

true
Old 05-02-2008, 06:41 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

IF PEOPLE ANSWERED IN THE CORRECT MANNER IN THIS POST OR THE LAST THERE WOULD NOT BE SO MANY SHIT POSTS SIMPLE
YOUS CAN'T EVEN DO THAT WITHOUT HAVING A GO AT US SCOTS
SEEMS THE ENGLISH HAVE A PROBLEM
If you expected this topic to follow those lines then that shows naivety mate

All good banter though, step-dad's a jock, and a good bloke.
I'm sure there'll always be this banter between the races
Old 05-02-2008, 06:41 PM
dazoriginal
prodigal son

Originally Posted by Matt J
if you didnt start mongoloid threads in the first place there wouldnt be all this shit.

Anyway, I'm done feeding the troll, grub time.
who says you have to answer mind yer ane feckin business
Old 05-02-2008, 06:42 PM
Shings
PassionFord Post Whore!!

true

Did you forget about the language or somet??????
Old 05-02-2008, 06:43 PM
dovboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

true
the fact you removed the tears from my comment shows what you are trying to do here tho
Old 05-02-2008, 06:43 PM
rapidcossie
10K+ Poster!!

If England and Scotland parted, the Scots would be far far worse off, so should be very greatful for the English subsidising their lives.
Like it or not, is fact.
They want independence when it suits them, at other times they're only too happy to reap the financial rewards on offer from England.
Scotland be far worse off?

We keep the oil and you get fook all?

Scotland would turn into a mini Dubai