General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Named and shamed - Roger Clark Motorsport

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 01:12 PM
allsteel
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Named and shamed - Roger Clark Motorsport

OK, bought a set of mag wheels from this company,advertised as Enkei.The ad did state they were in need of some work but would make a good set of wheels once rubbed down and repainted.First problem,2 of the wheels are actually OZ Crono.Second problem,3 of the wheels,once rubbed down were found to have centrebore cracks.After complaining to Olly he refused to give me my money back but instead offered 2 more Enkeis.Problem is the only uncracked one is an Oz,so even if i accept those,which i wont,i still dont have a set of wheels.I've now gone to Trading Standards,as the wheels were neither as advertised or fit for purpose.Looks like it's going to be a long drawn out battle to get my cash back,but be sure on one thing,i will get even here,whatever it takes.Now i realise they probably don't come onto this site,but they still need dogging down somewhere.I will keep you informed on the next happenings.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:14 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Shame, I hope you get your money back mate.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:16 PM
zetecapri
2.0 16v Turbo

You got ripped off there, really hope you sort things its bad how they get away with it all the time.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:18 PM
GTechR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I have to be honest mate, I dont see what there problem is, they have tried to pull a fast one, they've been cought out... they should hold there hands up and say fair cop.

Why risk getting yourself a bad name for the sake of a few quid?
Old 02-02-2008, 01:19 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

shame fella hope u get your money back!but if u going for legal procedures i would not post anything about it at all into after it all done and dusted
Old 02-02-2008, 01:22 PM
fezzajsy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

hope u get it sorted m8
Old 02-02-2008, 01:45 PM
charlie luciano
10K+ Poster!!

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

A pal of mine bought something off of a well known supplier which turned out to be utter shite, imo all of their products are utter shite and other people have experienced difficulty with this company and found it extremely difficult and time consuming to get a refund,

Not my pal though as we put in an appearence in person and left with his cash back in his pocket, which didn't take us too long

On ocassion this is the only way imo to get things sorted, there are a lot of cunts out there who make a living out of knocking decent hard working people and taking them to court etc etc can be costly,time consuming and at the end of the day doesn't guarantee you'll get your money back.

Not to paint a grim and doomy picture for you, I hope you get it sorted but remember there are other options

Luciano
Old 02-02-2008, 01:49 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

stick with it and dont be fobbed of with the lengthy legal procedings. i would expect you will win in the end.
Old 02-02-2008, 02:06 PM
allsteel
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Trading standards people reckon we have a cast iron case but you've still got to get the cash back though.Still,got to go through the correct channels first,then the fun starts.
Old 02-02-2008, 03:55 PM
john_p_b
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

funny, i was talking with out storeman at work yesterday who used to work for a renault franchise owned by roger clark and he was saying olly was a complete cock back in the day when he was racing renualt 5 turbos.

seems some ppl never change then!

good luck getting your money back.